Web Hosting Providers

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am looking to set up a very simple website for my new Residential Appraisal Business. Not looking for it to do much other than verify we are an actual business and look pretty. The content will be pretty simple...describe the services we provide, our contact info and Bio Pages for myself and my Business Partner.

I am considering Square Space as it seems cheap and pretty easy to navigate for a guy like myself that has very little website experience. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Also, I am looking for the best and easiest way to use non-copyrighted pictures of houses. Any suggestions there would be great as well!

Thanks to everyone that takes to the time to answer!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I always used Godaddy.com back in the day when I had to host my EQ/WOW guild website + chat server.

Godaddy was always great, with amazing customer service. An actual person(that spoke english) called me/emailed me every few days at the start of the process asking if I needed any assistance getting our website up and online and functional. Not overbearing by any means, and they weren't trying to upsell me on anything, they were just legitimately helpful. Just keep in mind that this was all circa 1999-2006 or so, not real recently by any means but they used to be great(hopefully they still are)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am looking to set up a very simple website for my new Residential Appraisal Business. Not looking for it to do much other than verify we are an actual business and look pretty. The content will be pretty simple...describe the services we provide, our contact info and Bio Pages for myself and my Business Partner.

I am considering Square Space as it seems cheap and pretty easy to navigate for a guy like myself that has very little website experience. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Also, I am looking for the best and easiest way to use non-copyrighted pictures of houses. Any suggestions there would be great as well!

Thanks to everyone that takes to the time to answer!
have you checked out squarespace pricing?
8bucks a month for 20pages, I mean for just a very thin "this is our website, yes we do this, yes we are legit, check out a photo or 2" it'll work

something like
www.residentialappraisalservice.com
http://www.accurateappraisalservice.net/

are already at 21 pages (i just googled "residential appraisal service")

What squarespace is, is an easy cms (content management system) and hosting, domain name service registrar.

try out squarespace, it's free for 2 weeks.

If you find that it's a bit too restrictive, and you want something more, go make a free account on wordpress.com and try out the web builder. It's easily the most used out there, and if you like it, you can goto godaddy and register your domain, even use their hosting, and it takes 1 click on the control panel to just install the wordpress software on your site.

i can go more in-depth and more optioned if you want, i have no idea how much or what you're familiar with.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Thanks to both of you. For now I am just using a la mode's x-sites, the exact same host and template as the ones lanx linked. I think their templates suck and look like 1999, not to mention they are not very mobile compatible. A la mode is the industry leader in software for appraisers, so they offer a web hosting service as well. My business partner has always used their web hosting, but for the reasons listed above I want something a better. I will look in to word press when things slow down at work, which looks like it will be next fall. I feel so fortunate to be this busy with a 2 month old company.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Wix.com is fantastic, you can really throw together a nice looking website with their tools and templates. Highly recommend and certainly light years ahead than the website builder godaddy and other companies have.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks to both of you. For now I am just using a la mode's x-sites, the exact same host and template as the ones lanx linked. I think their templates suck and look like 1999, not to mention they are not very mobile compatible. A la mode is the industry leader in software for appraisers, so they offer a web hosting service as well. My business partner has always used their web hosting, but for the reasons listed above I want something a better. I will look in to word press when things slow down at work, which looks like it will be next fall. I feel so fortunate to be this busy with a 2 month old company.
yea the industry term for mobile compatible is "responsive design" (in case you want to search more), google search for "wordpress appraisal template" will bring results like
Appraisal Website Templates

I only harkon on wordpress cuz thats what i'm familiar with, you can use any other CMS, like joomla or drupal, but that's like choosing a windows phone, you know.