Weed Culture

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So i'm somewhat of a square, Ive only smoked weed occasionally for like a one year period in my life, I enjoyed it but I just never got into the habit of it.
With my upcoming move to Denver in 3 weeks I'm jumping head first into this legal pot culture and I kinda want to pick it up again since it's somewhat Peer Pressure (everyone on my team below and Above me smokes/vapes).
Everyone mentions it when I tell them i'm moving like "Yeah man legal weed" etc and i'm like y-yeah!

Anyone able to give me a crash course on how to get into this druggy lifestyle? I've heard it has a lot of health/mental health benefits if done in moderation. I want to Vape it I think.

• 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think vaping, even the legal stuff, could be a bigger risk in the current state of things. I haven't heard much in the local news about counterfeit THC vaping cartridges but around the country it's been a pretty big deal, legal and not legal alike.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like weed the old fashioned way. Either roll up a doob or put a bit in your pipe and smoke it. I would not trust any of this new fangled shit and for right reasons I guess.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm kind of in the same boat, while my gf smokes daily and far more excited at things like a pot leaf icon or something I'd just shrug at. If you smoke cause it makes you feel better, more power to you, but the second you get into the "culture" where you get excited at the thought of smoking itself, that's just weird to me.

Same as alcohol, I've known a few people who will rave on about every type of grain known to man, get excited to drink, participate in that "culture" but god are their lives all heading to a fucked up place.

Don't get into it for peer pressure

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think vaping, even the legal stuff, could be a bigger risk in the current state of things. I haven't heard much in the local news about counterfeit THC vaping cartridges but around the country it's been a pretty big deal, legal and not legal alike.

I've read the same but I'd assume in Denver I could find a reputable spot

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've never smoked weed. When I worked I always had a drug test. A guy I worked with had the same test and he's on a crusade to legalize it. I have a marijunana medical prescription and haven't filled it as of yet. The state just pushed thru having one doctor in each town >100k in pop to dispense it. When I was in high school it was everywhere. Not so much in general high school I went to but the engineering magnet school for "gifted" students. I would say 50% of the 1,000 students used it on a weekly basis.

To get into the culture I assume you hang out with some users and repeat shit like "alright Hamilton" and such. Just kidding, no idea.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
@a_skeleton_02, mom bought a house in Denver? Did you ask her first how she feels about you vaping in the basement bro. Won't be cool when she comes in and ur hitting that bong in one hand and have your Fleshlight wrapped around your twig in the other.

• 1Worf

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I use a vape and its the way to go. There is no need for bongs or anything fancier than that. Your best bet is just go into one of the many stores and talk to the dude. Tell him the truth and he will walk you through everything. There are a thousand different things and flavors, just tell him youre new, you want a nice easy high and absolutely nothing crazy.

Start off with 1 quick puff an hour before bed and watch a movie. Youll have to try a few to find out what you like regarding highness and you might want a orange peel flavor or dark chocolate or whatever. There are certain strains of weed that will be perfect for hanging out at a party or getting super fucking high. There are a hundred levels of highness. Here is an example of the vape cartridges and pen.

20191002_170348.jpg

20190306_182131.jpg

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I use a vape and its the way to go. There is no need for bongs or anything fancier than that. Your best bet is just go into one of the many stores and talk to the dude. Tell him the truth and he will walk you through everything. There are a thousand different things and flavors, just tell him youre new, you want a nice easy high and absolutely nothing crazy.

Start off with 1 quick puff an hour before bed and watch a movie. Youll have to try a few to find out what you like regarding highness and you might want a orange peel flavor or dark chocolate or whatever. There are certain strains of weed that will be perfect for hanging out at a party or getting super fucking high. There are a hundred levels of highness. Here is an example of the vape cartridges and pen.

View attachment 225191
View attachment 225192
View attachment 225193

I think there is another thread for the hardware, but can't you just get a device that vapes bud? That way you don't have to worry about all the concentrate bullshit?

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
@a_skeleton_02 how are you ever going to realize your dream of banging Mist if you turn into a burnout stoner or die from vaping 'thc' (and whatever the dipshits put in it, i'd rather take my chances with cocaine that's been cut by 1000 different dealers, it's probably safer)?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I think there is another thread for the hardware, but can't you just get a device that vapes bud? That way you don't have to worry about all the concentrate bullshit?
Vapes/Cartridges are the way to go. If you're a light/casual smoker a full gram will last you a solid 3-4 weeks and you can just throw it in your pocket/bag or whatever, instead of carrying flower and a pipe on you.

The whole vape danger thing only comes from the bootleg carts, as long as you're buying from a legal shop its all good. I'd say shoot for the 1:1 2:1 CBD/THC carts for a non smoker since it's usually a normal amount of weed(30-60%) instead of getting ripped off 80%+ THC.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
As a twenty plus year weed smoker this is my suggestion:

1) buy weed
2) buy rollies and filters, or a dry herb vape like the Pax
3) smoke weed
4) launch video game or Sci-Fi movie
5) enjoy and pass out on the couch 3-4 hours later

My only recommendation as a personal rule is to establish an evening time or daily “goal” that must be met before you smoke. Don’t become a wake and baker.

• 3Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

Yes, its called the Volcano Vaporizer and it's the shit. The deal with vaping vs smoking a joint or bowl is that vaping is supposed to be healthier because you are not lighting anything on fire so there is no combustion which is where all the carcinogens come from. If you don't have a previous preference I would definitely go for a vaporizer. Much healthier approach. You then have to decide if you want to vape flower (bud) or concentrate (shatter. bho, rosin, wax etc). I prefer the flower, only because the concentrate seems to manufactured to me. But I'm an old school head so I am cool with a bud and a paper. Smoking concentrates is extremely easy and discrete, especially if you plan on doing it public at all. There has been alot of news lately about vaping sending people to the hospital and getting sick. My understanding is that most of these were black market product, so make sure you buy from a dispensary and that the product you are buying has testing results. By law they have to test for things like pesticide, mold, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm

View attachment 225191
View attachment 225192
View attachment 225193

Vaping is fucking retarded and it’s killing people. Get a hash pen. There is a huge difference between the oil used in vape cartridges and the distillate level shit(aka dabs). I would smoke pure flower(carbon based) over vape pens that use chemicals to suspend the activated THC.

First things to learn about weed are the correlation between terpenes and thc%. The difference between THC(psychoactive) and THCa(non psychoactive) bud. When smoking shatter/live resin/dabs in general, it’s the heat of the smoke that makes you cough, not the actual smoking.

Avoid becoming part of the culture, those people are really just fucking morons.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Don't recommend dabs or shatter to a weed novice. You're going to fry his Nazi brain.

P.S: And weed culture is gay. Just buy some weed and smoke it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Side note.

My second time in my life trying weed was last month. My buddy has some in his vape. He travels a ton internationally, works in oil. Anyways he had just gotten back from Saudi Arabia and had taken his fucking weed vape in with him. Just put it in his toiletries bag.....

Just about blew my mind.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Vapes/Cartridges are the way to go. If you're a light/casual smoker a full gram will last you a solid 3-4 weeks and you can just throw it in your pocket/bag or whatever, instead of carrying flower and a pipe on you.

The whole vape danger thing only comes from the bootleg carts, as long as you're buying from a legal shop its all good. I'd say shoot for the 1:1 2:1 CBD/THC carts for a non smoker since it's usually a normal amount of weed(30-60%) instead of getting ripped off 80%+ THC.

Got a link?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Got a link?
Just go to a dispensary, since each farm has it's own website/distribution/partnership it's kind of a get what you get at the dispensaries. Carts look like what Alasliasolonik Alasliasolonik linked, shows the THC/CBD ratios,strain and batch code and all that on packaging. A cheap vape pen will be like 20-30 bucks and will get the job done, if you decide you wanna get into the tie dye Tshirts and wearing weed socks, you can upgrade to a nicer vape with the all the temp settings later.

If doing edibles I'd recommend staying below 10mg for your first time, maybe even 5mg, usually it's like 10 pieces of candy at 5mg a pop. Not sure on Colorado laws but Oregons was they could sell up to 50mg a package recreationally and if you ate the whole thing at once, you'd be having a good night/morning.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Buying a vape from a dispensary is the way to go. I use bud to sleep at night and use edibles for the weekend for the slow burn that it gives you. Just don't go full retard thinking your not high and do more because it will fuck you up bad.