Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Genre: Comedy

Director: Eric Appel

Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Evan Rachel Wood, Rainn Wilson, Toby Huss, Julianne Nicholson

Plot: Exploring every facet of ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic’s life, from his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like ‘Eat It’ and ‘Like a Surgeon’ to his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle, this biopic takes audiences on a truly unbelievable journey through Yankovic’s life and career, from gifted child prodigy to the greatest musical legend of all time.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like that Daniel Radcliffe has finally embraced doing weird/funny shit and got over being super serious. This looks so ridiculous.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I like that Daniel Radcliffe has finally embraced doing weird/funny shit and got over being super serious. This looks so ridiculous.
Ummm hello?

sam.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea he only does weird movies or roles now its great. He really hammed it up in that Sandra Bullock / Channing Tatum film, and that Miracle Workers tv show was real weird lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pumped for this. I've seen him live and honestly, it's one of the better live shows I've been to. He's so great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What am I missing. I never heard of his "depraved" lifestyle?
It's a joke. He's one of the nicest people on the planet.

Seen him live at least 5 times and have front row tickets for a concert in October. His shows were great when he was still on a record deal and doing costume changes 20 times per night, but his shows since then (Strings Attached and The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-advised Vanity Tour) have added a breath of fresh air while still being extremely entertaining. If you've never seen him in concert and you're at all entertained by his music, it's worth checking out a show before he finally retires eventually.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I've only seen him live once, back in the early 90's, but his band was completely fucking insane. Every one of them could immediately play absolutely anything needed at a moments notice.
And yeah, as mentioned by Djay above, Weird Al is widely known as almost a saint in the industry.

• 2Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
He's a true nerd made good. There are precious few of those. That's it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hell, I enjoy some of his parodies more than the originals.

I'm looking at you "Amish Paradise" and "White and Nerdy".

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hell, I enjoy some of his parodies more than the originals.

I'm looking at you "Amish Paradise" and "White and Nerdy".
when Smell's like Teen Spirit played so many fucking times on MTY i couldnt stand the song anymore. Weird Al's parody came in at the right time for hilarity. i think my favorite song by him is "Ricky". at this point its probably a symbol of success if Weird Al does one of your hit songs.
i also assume everyone here has seen UHF. its a classic movie.

• 2Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I was there when it all began... My Bologna and Dr. Demento. Can't wait for this fucking movie. lol

Also, my favorite Weird Al song is "Good Old Days".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
At first I was like “really they are making this”?

Then I saw the trailer and realized the whole thing is a parody of Music Biopics and this is fucking brilliant

The whole this is a made up story

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database