Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
5Y8kzVvncEydQFoxnNURIyNAz3a.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-07-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]It's the first day of camp in this outrageous prequel to the hilarious 2001 cult classic movie. And at Camp Firewood, anything can happen.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Last edited by a moderator:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Will watch. That looks pretty funny, and only a month away. Netflix has been really busy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Paul Rudd's entrance was amazing. Also LOL@ everyone except Janeane and Michael Showalter actually looking the (relatively) exact same as in the original.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Will definitely watch. I loved the original.

Can't remember where I read it, but there was an interview with David Hyde Pierce where they asked about this. Apparently, he reallllly didn't want to say that "Oh, fuck my cock!" line. The director was pretty insistent, though.

spronk

FPS noob
wow that cast is insane, i thought this was gonna be some stupid porkys knockoff with tweens but i was so so wrong

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Holy shit, I just finally looked at the cast list. I had no idea it actually, really was the original cast (mostly)

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Only got a chance to watch the first couple of episodes last night as I had to work really late, but what I saw was great. Some of the kid campers are douchebags, but kid actors generally suck.

Paul Rudd and Elizabeth Banks must be ingesting some type of unicorn placenta to prevent aging. The rest of the cast, for the most part, generally looks older and fatter.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Super excited to watch this. The movie was great, and its awesome they have the same cast back.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
3 episodes in and this is fucking hilarious. The cast is ridiculous too.

Edit: Just finished it up. My only complaint was the fucking mixed vegetable can stuff. It was just a bit too ridiculous for me. But otherwise I laughed my ass off. The tongues every time they kissed floored me.

It was also a pseudo Mad Men reunion.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
This is great. Christopher Meloni fucking kills me in every scene he's in.

All the cameos are off the wall too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was okay. Kinda wanted more from it. They way they did origins for a lot of the stuff was great. Meloni is amazing. Showalter is hilariously fat.

Toast: Bay-urnt. Bray-ead.

Homsar

2 episodes in and this is fantastic. Feels like this didnt get any marketing though

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have zero memory of the original. Was it popular or kind of a cult classic thing? I was eating a shitload of XTC in 2001.
frown.png

Homsar

Original was ok, never understood the people trying to turn it into a cult classic. I think the show is much better then the movie

Animosity

Original was ok, never understood the people trying to turn it into a cult classic. I think the show is much better then the movie
I think the movie was hilarious. And the fact that all those people are huge stars now really helped it become a cult classic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The show is EXACTLY like the movie. Not sure how you could think one is much better than the other.

Homsar

I dont remember anything like the Jon Hamm shit in the movie, the actors have a lot more freedom on the show which they didnt have with the movie