What tha hell is this Japan pop metal kid bop...

Reactions
0 0 0 0
Posted another of their videos in the metal thread a few days ago. I think the term being used is "Kawaii Metal". Not sure if legitimate sub-genre of metal or just Japan being Japan. Would probably listen to them over any Nu-Metal since the instrumentals seem to be pretty power metal.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
Japan's age of consent is 13 I think. Lead singer too old. Not pedo-bear approved.

Adebisi

What a time to be alive
<Donors Crew>
4d 17h 30m
Reactions
22,581 1,138 0 0

Big Phoenix

Karazhan Raider
12d 49m
Reactions
10,930 1,100 0 0
Aww Wakandan shit listening to them old school beats. +1 big adebisi

Aaron

<Donors Crew>
5d 8h 53m
Reactions
2,638 238 0 0
I sent this to my 70 year old father as a joke. He can't stop listening to them now. What have I done?

Tarrant

<Donors Crew>
1d 15h 6m
Reactions
646 81 0 0
Well fuck me, I actually enjoyed that.

Szlia

<Donors Crew>
4d 13h 37m
Reactions
541 205 0 0
It would be more amusing if they were the driving force behind the project and not puppets put in front of some studio musicians by a clever producer. A counter-example would be the french industrial duo Carbon Airways. I am not a big fan and english pseudo-rapping by a 14 year old french boy is what it is, but it's commendable for they fact they are the authors of their music from the start (though they have now the backing of professionals).

Vinen

God is dead
<Donors Crew>
1d 5h 32m
Reactions
284 111 0 0
The best part of that video was the horrific attempt to make it look like they are playing guitars.

And LOL @ Foxs instead of Horns.

Dr.Retarded

<Donors Crew>
8d 5h 2m
Reactions
5,922 71 0 0
I guess the radiation is still taking it's toll after the bomb was dropped...

Zzen

Lord Nagafen Raider
7d 20h 55m
Reactions
265 65 0 0
Man, I need to stop lurking here. That was fucking terrible. Sounds like they are singing the za za za song when the vocals start.

YTMND - zazazazazaza

Warrik

Knight of the Realm
17h 32m
Reactions
359 66 0 0
Posted another of their videos in the metal thread a few days ago. I think the term being used is "Kawaii Metal". Not sure if legitimate sub-genre of metal or just Japan being Japan. Would probably listen to them over any Nu-Metal since the instrumentals seem to be pretty power metal.

Top notch band backing them.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Donor All-Stars>
5d 13h 39m
Reactions
664 244 0 0
jesus christ I just watched that first video 9 times in a row. holy fuck I am in 100%

Telestin

Knight of the Realm
37m
Reactions
24 4 0 0
I am a huge fan of Boh (the bass player in the live band). His tapping on the 6 string bass is astounding.

Babymetal was scheduled for Sonisphere on the Bohemia Stage on July 6, but because of huge demand they were moved to the Apollo main stage on July 5. Basically, they are opening for Iron Maiden. Go figure.

I think they are awesome. The music is good (well, some of it makes my teeth hurt . . .but most of it is really well done) - and no one can deny that the girls are energetic and entertaining.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
Actually, they're on right before Ghost, but the same stage as Iron Maiden, yeah. They better not bring that fake ass skeleton band though or the Sonisphere crowd will get ugly in a hurry. If the band isn't live, and the girls aren't singing live, it'll be a disaster.

Telestin

Knight of the Realm
37m
Reactions
24 4 0 0
Actually, they're on right before Ghost, but the same stage as Iron Maiden, yeah. They better not bring that fake ass skeleton band though or the Sonisphere crowd will get ugly in a hurry. If the band isn't live, and the girls aren't singing live, it'll be a disaster.
Absolutely. The kami band is a must. But honestly, I don't think the girls sing live very often. I've watched a lot of concert footage, and you can really tell when they're singing live. The lead sounds much better when she sings live, but I guess with all the running around she does during the show, there's no logical way to expect her to sing live unless they tone her down a bit.

I don't think the Sonisphere fans will get ugly at all, either way. After all, the girls are there because of overwhelming fan support. I have friends whose daughters belong to Cherri Bomb, a band that played Sonisphere 2012. At the time the all-female band was 12, 13, 14 and 16. They were embraced with open arms by the crowds. Of course, they write/sing their own songs and are extremely accomplished musicians.

By the way, I have just read that Babymetal have sold out the Electric Ballroom in the UK, and their concert there has been moved to The Forum.