Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 14 Votes
Title: What We Do in the Shadows

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2019-03-27

Creator: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi

Cast: Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillen

Overview: A documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of three vampires in Staten Island who have “lived” together for hundreds and hundreds of years.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Get super fucking hyped. WWDitS is coming to FX and it looks great. Taika and Jemaine are producing so it is going to be faithful to the tone and spirit of the movie.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It was one of the funniest movies I've seen. Here's hoping that the show follows suit. The energy vampire bit gives me hope.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Creator: someguy, Taika Waititi

this is all i needed
(i'm worried he has second billing)

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Creator: someguy, Taika Waititi

this is all i needed
(i'm worried he has second billing)

The other guy is Jemaine Clements, half of Flight of the Concords and one of the reasons Waititi's dry humor is so good.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
He was also

1549334778523.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen in my life. Friend and I quote it all the time and no one gets any of the references unfortunately.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Premiered last night and the first (pilot) episode was written by Jermaine Clement and directed by Taika Waititi. Nearly all the promo material above comes from this episode but mostly from the first act, there's still lots of fun to be had and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I’m in, I loved the movie and the trailer made me laugh. Trailers almost never make me laugh and every time I have seen a comedy based on the trailer tickling my funny bone I have not been disappointed (Austin powers, deuce bigalo, requiem for a dream, and 40 year old virgin)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Watched the pilot by chance. Yeah the movie is great, "If I know Stu, this is probably the way he wanted to go. Disemboweled by werewolves." Darkplace, Mighty Boosh, all of that as well. The characters are pretty funny, digging the energy vampire and Nadja the best. Off to a good start.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Laughed quite a bit at the first episode. Them trying to digitally sign for the Baron was pretty great.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I’m in, I loved the movie and the trailer made me laugh. Trailers almost never make me laugh and every time I have seen a comedy based on the trailer tickling my funny bone I have not been disappointed (Austin powers, deuce bigalo, requiem for a dream, and 40 year old virgin)
Not even a laugh from anyone else??

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
What, requiem wasn't considered the pinnacle of comedy to you too?

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database