Who do I have to pay for a new Jedi Knight game?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nobody cares about the Force Unleashed. It sucks.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nobody cares about the Force Unleashed. It sucks.

Jedi knight 2 is the best. The force unleashed lightsaber combat felt like you were fighting with a baseball bat. I wish the people in charge cared about star wars games
frown.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's funny this was brought up as I just fired up Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight for nostalgia sake. After much hassle I even got the mod Jedi Knight extended to work (updates the models to basically Quake 3 era graphics).

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
make it yourself! no one is stopping you from making your own games gamergirl!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I tried to play Jedi Outcast on widescreen, but if you make it run on your screen's resolution, it throws off your aim
frown.png
Like you shoot above and next to where your crosshair is and the game has pretty shoddy shooting mechanics on the default blaster, so I gave up after a while. And I suspect Jedi Academy suffers from the same issue, but at least you got the lightsaber from the start.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's all about chucking people off of ledges.

Unhappy with me, Yoda is.

Don't forget the .ini tweak to make people fall apart like Anakin every time you stab them.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
One of the funniest moments in my life is playing Jedi Knight and spawning a hundred mon mothmas for deesan to slaughter.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was just talking about Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy to my buddy the other day. Watching those videos shows that they haven't aged all that well, but I remember having an awesome time and feeling like a bad ass deflecting blaster shots and winning light saber duels.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The answer to your question is Walt Disney.
And EA. Was Jedi's Uncharted Creed what you're looking for, Tuco?
biggrin.png

I say that sarcastically, but if it was done right that could be a hell of a game. But, you know, EA ...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jedi's Uncharted Creed? As in Jedi Knight + Uncharted + Assassin's Creed? Sure. As long as the gameplay is similar to the previous games. As in, when I see high-level gameplay it better look like Qui Gon Jinn fighting Darth Maul or the TOR cinematics. Not some stilted, slow, target-based low-skill auto-aim gameplay like Assassin's Creed has.

I think the frustration I feel is that I doubt the gameplay that was so fun in Jedi Knight is possible with a controller. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like I'd be able to beat anyone in the world in Jedi Knight if they had a controller and I had a mouse/kb. And the changes you'd have to make to enable console-players to have acceptable gameplay would gut the entire thing.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just recently started playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and I would fucking love a new Jedi Knight game. They need to do a new Rogue Squadron, KoTOR, and kill the abortion that is Battlefront and just reskin Battlefield 4 like they should have in the first place. A couple games in the same vein as Xwing vs Tie Fighter and Xwing Alliance as well please.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jedi's Uncharted Creed? As in Jedi Knight + Uncharted + Assassin's Creed?
The Star Wars game EA is making right now has Amy Hennig as creative director and is being developed by Visceral Games and Jade Raymond's new studio in Montreal, hence the bad "Uncharted Creed" joke.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh. Well, I doubt it's going to be jedi knight. Or rather, I doubt it will make me FEEL like a Jedi Knight.

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jk2 was my shit, hands down the most competitive MP I've played (within its genre). My favorite was sitting in duel servers bullshitting with everyone then running through the whole server. JK academy was kind of meh, it never got the polish JK2 had.

• 1Like