Why the moon landing could not have been faked

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
<--- instant 5 star thread. It has Neil deGrasse Tyson in it now.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
tumblr_m6par6oJ7w1qbh26io1_1280.png

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You can't really use that comic strip either. They've put two different rovers on Mars, with the second one involving a heinously complex landing.

Ok, ok, 3, but that first one was just digging a nice hole...

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Honestly, the whole fake moon landing argument is so stupid. If the shit was faked, the KGB would have been able to blow it wide open. They were able to infiltrate one of America's most top secret programs in history, with the development of the atomic bomb. Do you really think it would have been tough to embed themselves within something as large as the Apollo missions, or even be able to buy out someone that was within the inner workings? Of course they could have, and they never did. Discussion over.

Don't they have any satellites near or passing the moon.

Couldn't they just snap a few pictures of where the space landing happened and provide irrefutable proof of the landing to disprove all these wild theories.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Video is stupid as hell. Like anybody who thinks the moon landing was faked is gonna be convinced otherwise by that video?

TPDDODD_sl

shitlord
Tell Neil Armstrong, Colin, and Aldrin.

Tell them not to boast.

My grandfather says

Neil armstrong was not the first!!

My grandfather knows

Everything in the Universe.

My grandfather says

The man in the moon will cut out thier throats.

What became of the man in the moon

My grandfather used to talk about?

My grandfather say there is a moon man, so!!!

You better watch out!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Don't they have any satellites near or passing the moon.

Couldn't they just snap a few pictures of where the space landing happened and provide irrefutable proof of the landing to disprove all these wild theories.
Even Hubble can't take pictures with high enough resolution to identify the pieces left behind:http://stupendous.rit.edu/richmond/a...ar_lander.html

Otherwise no, we don't have satellites going "near" the moon because it's about 385,000 km away. Most satellites orbit anywhere from 500km to 40,000 km, so they're still extremely far away.

However, mirrors were left on the moon that are used to this day for various science experiments:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_L...ing_experiment

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
black man travel through the universe and back while cave men still thought that the earth was flat.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, it's kinda like refuting flat earthers. It's been done well enough already that only people working for NASA or hipster-looking doucebags are gonna bother to take it on.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There any way to put a satellite orbiting the moon? That would be fucking cool.