Why Today's Movies Suck

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dude lays it all out. basically every reason why i dont give a fuck about movies too much anymore.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Millennial"? as in the generation or post Y2K?

movies released after 2000 is my interpretation. When did Generation Y end?

I'm fine with the current pace of "good movies". I'd say maybe 3-4 good flicks a year. My beef isn't with the quantity, but with how hard they are to locate. Its mostly word of mouth or having a good movie buddy put you onto them.

I have a problem with unreliable rating systems and even the best critics being hype men more so than the movies themselves. I just saw J J Abrams referred to as a "visionary" for TFA, and 2 years post-release... Come on.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I didn't listen (too long) but I agree with everything he said

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
This guys is talking about post 2000 movies

Millennials though are considered anyone who was born in 1982 on - basically if you were under 18 in 2000 you are a millennial. Gen-X is 1964-1982, Baby Boomers are 1940s-1964.

On the converse side, TV has increased in quality by orders of magnitude post-millennial, I'll take that win over movies getting shitty.

Last edited:

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Way too long for a guy just droning on. This video really needed to be at least 5.
I really hate how this guy would give a point and then sometimes not give any actual example. The times when he did it was more of a brief mentioning, not much in the way of detail.
He should have at the very least given every point at least one detailed example. Also, this is a video -"show, don't tell". He really should have found clips to serve as his examples and put those in.
For being a 'pro filmmaker' he really didn't impress me with his video skills or his presentation.
I think most of his points having to do with the internet were off. I didn't really agree with any of those.

5/10

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Way too long for a guy just droning on. This video really needed to be at least 5.
I really hate how this guy would give a point and then sometimes not give any actual example. The times when he did it was more of a brief mentioning, not much in the way of detail.
He should have at the very least given every point at least one detailed example. Also, this is a video -"show, don't tell". He really should have found clips to serve as his examples and put those in.
For being a 'pro filmmaker' he really didn't impress me with his video skills or his presentation.
I think most of his points having to do with the internet were off. I didn't really agree with any of those.

5/10
i agree it's long, but you can watch what you can and come back later and youtube will restart the video where you left off. try it some time. and he does give examples, just not every one. what part did you need an example of?

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Old people are biased against the present, news at eleven. Checked in that article that was posted and he sure loves a lot of shit, probably because he was young when he saw it. Of course shit will make more of an impression when you have less to compare it to. Doesn't mean it's objectively worse.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Old people are biased against the present, news at eleven. Checked in that article that was posted and he sure loves a lot of shit, probably because he was young when he saw it. Of course shit will make more of an impression when you have less to compare it to. Doesn't mean it's objectively worse.

Yep, every generation bitches about the following generation in an endless loop of grumpy old fucks

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Decent video. Part of what I dislike about Christopher Nolan is a lot of his editing feels more like a video than a movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really agree. Yes, fast cut dialogue done poorly is very noticeable and annoying. But when a good filmmaker does it, like David Fincher or Danny Boyle, it feels seamless.

This scene has maybe 50 cuts but it's done very very well.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep, every generation bitches about the following generation in an endless loop of grumpy old fucks

kids-clint-eastwood-grumpy-old-man-gran-torino_zpsxuilmxlz.gif~c200

Cybsled

Pretty sure we saw this back in the 80s/90s also

"Movies suck today, why can't they be good like shit from the 50s/60s????"

Damn kids and their instasnap and their rap musics!!!!!11!!!