Wildermyth

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Picked this up on a lark and I am quite surprised by how dynamic and fun it is. It has tactical battles like an OgreBattle or Xcom, but has an overarching storyline like Fable mixed with a legacy style boardgame.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll hold off until it gets out of Early Access but I really dig the style. Nice catch Qhue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is basically a decent board game translated to computer. Nothing amazing. But decent game.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I quite like the 'chapter' structure for the stories that have a static plot. You get a strong core narrative plus the random events that shape the characters in interesting ways + you see the characters get older and eventually retire.

The Legacy stuff is also nice in that you can recruit characters from previous stories that you chose to keep permanent records of.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just grabbed this. Overwhelmingly positive reviews deserved. You can coop it which is really cool.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone played much co-op with this? Seems like you can cycle through heroes pretty quickly, wondering how well it handles that. I should find some playthrough videos or something.

Friends balk at full price stuff usually, but won $100 from the Industries of Titan livestream on my Steam account, maybe I'll just use that to send it to them after we finish Nine Parchments, lol.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I forgot about this game, I had played it quite a bit in the past. This game is well worth a shot for the combat and narrative development.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’ve almost bought this game three different times but I keep reading that the combat is lackluster and the real draw of the game is the story. Any truth to this?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is a great game to play while working. I really really like the weird paper figure animation. Reminds me of another game I really liked (other than it being a microtransaction piece of shit).

Card hunter that was it. Great game, great lol story.... shitty microtransaction faggotry.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is a great game to play while working. I really really like the weird paper figure animation. Reminds me of another game I really liked (other than it being a microtransaction piece of shit).

Card hunter that was it. Great game, great lol story.... shitty microtransaction faggotry.
I liked Card Hunter until they changed it to the micro transactions crap.

Is Wildermyth kid friendly? I’ve thought about buying this before but don’t really want to play it solo. I think playing it with my kid making the choices would be fun, my dad and I used to play games like that and I had fun. The combat looks fine for my kid but I don’t want any cussing, sex or tranny shit popping up in the story.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I liked Card Hunter until they changed it to the micro transactions crap.

Is Wildermyth kid friendly? I’ve thought about buying this before but don’t really want to play it solo. I think playing it with my kid making the choices would be fun, my dad and I used to play games like that and I had fun. The combat looks fine for my kid but I don’t want any cussing, sex or tranny shit popping up in the story.
The game is indifferent to romance options... and character creation is rudimentary but allows for non-binary shit. Meaning that it allows for any romance between any character. I didn't pay much attention to it because it's otherwise good. However, if your goal is to give it to your kid and your kid is inquisitive I think you'll have to answer weird questions.

I haven't gotten too far so I don't know how steamy it gets though. I'd advise caution.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The game is indifferent to romance options... and character creation is rudimentary but allows for non-binary shit. Meaning that it allows for any romance between any character. I didn't pay much attention to it because it's otherwise good. However, if your goal is to give it to your kid and your kid is inquisitive I think you'll have to answer weird questions.

I haven't gotten too far so I don't know how steamy it gets though. I'd advise caution.
Nah I’d drive and let him pick things, not hand it off. I’d skip the romance crap if I can, or keep it straight. I’ll wait to hear from you after you finish it, I’ve been eyeing it for a long time, can wait a little longer.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nah I’d drive and let him pick things, not hand it off. I’d skip the romance crap if I can, or keep it straight. I’ll wait to hear from you after you finish it, I’ve been eyeing it for a long time, can wait a little longer.
The options are very basic it's like +friendship +rivalry +romance and you can tell if it's a fag romance or not based on the image. The pairing is random leaving you to choose your own adventure like a tabletop. This progresses throughout and you can simply not pick that option whenever you want.

Random in that if you have 2 girls and 1 dude in a group the romance option can be normal or lesbian based on chance. Your group can be up to 6. If you have all dudes or chicks the romance option is by default fag.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Looks neat. Will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. I would not have looked twice otherwise.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I literally bought and played through the first adventure all night. Was fantastic. Accidentally gimped a character by giving him a power that removed his ability to carry weapons and he was a warrior. Oh well, had played far enough down the line that I didn't feel like going back to correct. Even the first play through makes it worth the price.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Played the first chapter with a friend this afternoon, was fucking great.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I just picked this up and love it so far. As others have pointed out it reminds me of a cross between Xcom meets Gloomhaven.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Game is a trip. We finished a random 3-chapter game, by the end of it one of our characters had raven wings and leg and another had an arm amputated.

Now those characters are apparently available and allow us to do other campaigns, haven't gotten into that yet.

Couple of random screenshots.

20210717221511_1.jpg

20210710203123_1.jpg

Our final crew, from the end credits:

1626743242263.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users