Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
What is Wildstar?

Wildstar is an upcoming sci-fi themed action combat based MMORPG due for release on May 31st 2014.
Discover the Legendary Planet Nexus | WildStar

What do I need to know if I'd like to play with some of the posters from Rerolled?

The majority of the Rerolled posters will be playing on the Stormtalon (PVE) server. This includes both players interested in playing Dominion & Exile. The Dominion side has an organized guild focused on end game raiding with well over 60 members anticipated to play come launch, many of which come from this forum.

What if I don't want to raid?

Any Rerolled player will be allowed to join the guild for the first week of launch without need to submit an application. If you're not interested in raiding, we simply ask that you follow common MMO courtesy and you'll be allowed in: don't hurt the guilds reputation if you're going to wear the guild tag.

What type of raid schedule will I be looking at if I do want to raid?

I anticipate that most people will want to raid fewer than 5 days a week, in talking to people it feels that most are comfortable with 3 days a week and maybe an added day or two during progression. It's a tough question to answer precisely though. Lets look at what we know so far:

We have about 60 people signed up on the google docs and there's easily been about 20-30 more that sent me a PM saying they'd come play but didn't sign the doc. Before doing the 40 man, which is obviously the end goal, we'll have to go through the 20 man. That's probably going to lead to a fair bit of drama in terms of making sure that we have two equal groups doing the 20 man without making anyone feel like there's an A team or a B team. It's also critical that both groups are clearing the instance and not just failing on the first boss - which might require us to shift around members between teams if neccessary.

How I'm thinking we'll set it up (which will likely change quite a bit):

We'll set up two raid schedules and players will be able to choose based on their preference. For example, raid group 1 will do Monday, Wednesday, Saturday with optional Sundays and raid group 2 will do Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with optional Sundays (this is just an example!). That way people get to pick based on what's most convenient for them. Once we move onto the 40 man, we'll focus on the days that are best for the majority of players in order to have a 40 man raid force and move the 20 man raid schedule to the off days / optional days. The goal being to keep a 3 day a week raid schedule and then based on what people want to do add additional days.

Sorry if that isn't as detailed as I know some people want - a lot of the questions about scheduling really end up only being answerable once we have an accurate idea of how many people are going to make it to level 50 and want to raid (which we'll only know after launch).

Is this guild Rerolled exclusive & will the guild likely break up after a month like most forum guilds do?

No. A fair number of players are not from Rerolled and are helping with the organization & structure of the guild. We're committed towards continuing to progress the guild and given the lack of upcoming PVE progression games it's a safe bet that our intention is to play for a long time coming.

What class should I play / what is needed?

Feel free to check out our google spreadsheet to determine that yourself. Link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TzQ/edit#gid=0

Is there anything else I should know about the guild?

Plenty. I'd invite you to check out the following links to have more information about the guild should you want to check it out before making your choice to join us.http://www.sinfilledafterlife.com/fo....php?f=4&t=197&http://www.sinfilledafterlife.com/fo....php?f=4&t=268

Can I help with something?

We've got a firm grasp on things so far. With that being said, anyone interested in doing a little more to help the guild should contact me directly via PMs and we can discuss how you can go about that.

N.B. The current mumble for launch is:

Server: mumble.typefrag.com
Port: 53965
Password: No password

The following players may invite you:

Voldeth, Taxt, Pajac, Cinge.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been waiting for this for quite some time. Cannot wait any longer, give me the betas damnit. Had FOH signed up for sometime now for the beta. Still waiting to hear back.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I like the art style of the game. I dont think it will be a WoW clone, but I think it will have a lot of WoW elements. They are trying to mix some theme park and sandbox features. I'll definitely give it a look when it comes out.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
That looks like it will be a ton of fun. The video about player housing is hilarious and very well done. They got some creative people on their team. Seriously, that's the kind of quality I expect from a studio like Pixar. Maybe I'll actually read the quest text in this game!

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
While I can't say I'm keeping any kind of tabs on this I know it has been in development for quite a while, longer than I would have expected for what at the time, I considered to be a wow clone. I googled it and it looks like it was initially revealed in August 2011. I'm sure to try it out.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So this is WoW meets Ratchet and Clank meets the SiMs?

I am guessing a F2P model with a bunch of micro transactions for cosmetic stuff, especially with furniture and possibly vehicles?

Still looks pretty interesting with some top notch art and animation going into it.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
If it is a wow clone i hope its done well,

no cross server bullshit and some reason to actually build a community would be nice (no /lfd)

and a end game with actual hard end game content and not just having every encounter scale from easy to hard with a few menu options

How does death work?

Can you actually trade with players? (still cant believe GW2 thinks not having this is is good design, for the first week of the game the mail and ah went down so you literally couldet give your friends any items if you wanted to)

If there is a In game shop as log as its all cosmetic im cool with that , works for LoL

Watched the telegraphs video and i dont understand how they think this is some new mechanic , they just added ground effects to every ability that you can dodge , combat is going to be a lot of dancing (OK if its still fun)

These are my current rambling thoughts.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact they thought those retarded red circles is a good idea worries me. It seems it would have been more fun and intuitive to actually dodge or interact with the effects on the screen, rather than focus on circles on the ground

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole, DODGE NOW shit the recent mmo's have been doing is fucking stupid.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So this is WoW meets Ratchet and Clank meets the SiMs?

I am guessing a F2P model with a bunch of micro transactions for cosmetic stuff, especially with furniture and possibly vehicles?

Still looks pretty interesting with some top notch art and animation going into it.
Yeah, I was getting a real Ratchet & Clank / Jack & Daxter vibe. Signed up for beta!

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
The whole, DODGE NOW shit the recent mmo's have been doing is fucking stupid.
It depends on the combat. It's awful in a game like WoW where you needed to stand still to cast a spell. It's lots of fun in a game like Tera or Dragon Nest where mobility is just a natural part of combat.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
If it is a wow clone i hope its done well,

no cross server bullshit and some reason to actually build a community would be nice (no /lfd)

and a end game with actual hard end game content and not just having every encounter scale from easy to hard with a few menu options

How does death work?

Can you actually trade with players? (still cant believe GW2 thinks not having this is is good design, for the first week of the game the mail and ah went down so you literally couldet give your friends any items if you wanted to)

If there is a In game shop as log as its all cosmetic im cool with that , works for LoL

Watched the telegraphs video and i dont understand how they think this is some new mechanic , they just added ground effects to every ability that you can dodge , combat is going to be a lot of dancing (OK if its still fun)

These are my current rambling thoughts.
God. I watched this video and all I could think was "WoWclone #721" - do they really fucking think "telegraph" rings are that much of a differentiator? Look at the zone design, the character models; it's the same fucking game, all over again - no change. I'm so tired of this shit.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I really like that art style, but the gameplay looks like complete ass. Singed up for beta regardless.

Bitchy note: Space MMO with only 3 playable races? Come on...

Ryoz

<Donor>
Ugh, I can't believe he was honestly able to go on with that entire spiel without breaking out into laughter or tears. Don't mean to add to the shit pile, but cmon man, dodge out of shit on the ground, new concept!?

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really like that art style, but the gameplay looks like complete ass. Singed up for beta regardless.

Bitchy note: Space MMO with only 3 playable races? Come on...
It was mentioned at one of the gaming conventions that there are more than 3 races but they haven't been announced yet. The only ones announced so far are the Aurin, Granok and Humans from the original trailer.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ugh, I can't believe he was honestly able to go on with that entire spiel without breaking out into laughter or tears. Don't mean to add to the shit pile, but cmon man, dodge out of shit on the ground, new concept!?
What are you talking about man, this shit is totally new. It's got all different kinds of shapes... squares, triangles, parallelograms!!! Every other MMO only has circles!!!