Windows 11

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like they are going for a Mac-like dock for the taskbar.

0025299b033b5bb5fa72dd4d21d3d539b700bce9.jpeg

fa0a13f41bd5ad6e5e679b03c4cb39dbb7fd3c4a.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Isnt every other a piece of shit? Win 8 sucked, Win 10 is good, so this one will be POS?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's gonna be a long ass time till the win32 libraries are going away sadly...

ehh my thoughts on the UI ... *barf*

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think win xp was fine for what it was. it was fine for a long fucking time. later versions just seem to be more bells and whistles, but i ultimately still use it like its win xp. i'm talking home applications. work applications will likely be different for everyone.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i think win xp was fine for what it was. it was fine for a long fucking time. later versions just seem to be more bells and whistles, but i ultimately still use it like its win xp. i'm talking home applications. work applications will likely be different for everyone.
Yeah and thats why 8 sucked so bad, they wanted us to adopt to stupid tile bullshit they had going on back then. (The tablet revolution) But we all wanted out fucking icons and start menu back. I even bought some BS app for $5 to get my start menu back, before they added it back themselves later on.

In the end people want shit the same but faster and better. If I wanted my windows to look like apple shit I would buy an apple instead and get the true apple experience.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Changing shit for the sake of changing shit. Justify your job I guess.

• 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah and thats why 8 sucked so bad, they wanted us to adopt to stupid tile bullshit they had going on back then. (The tablet revolution) But we all wanted out fucking icons and start menu back. I even bought some BS app for $5 to get my start menu back, before they added it back themselves later on.

In the end people want shit the same but faster and better. If I wanted my windows to look like apple shit I would buy an apple instead and get the true apple experience.
i was messing with Windows since my second PC which had 3.11. my first pc ran Works. to be honest, i was fine with that whole thing back then too. it was a PC, you were supposed to type shit in a DOS prompt. there is a point where you no longer need to keep upgrading everything. they nailed all this stuff 20 years ago

• 1Garbage

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you can move the shit to the left where it was suppose to be in the first place.

I bet they're gonna call it Windows X or Windows 10X because you know how much Microsoft likes the letter X

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you can't expand/uncombine taskbar buttons I'm gonna be really pissed.

It seems so far like it's really just a UI skin.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Windows Vista was not as bad as the rep it got. Hardware wasn't ready for it.

Windows 11 looks like they want to be MacOs like in UI.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
From what I read a few months ago, some version of Windows 10X was supposed to not have the legacy Win32 stuff.

10X was what the dual screen Surface Neo was supposed to run. 10X got cancelled but the Neo has yet to be officially axed.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Windows used to have a nice UI and a decent design team now it looks like a bunch of autistic chimpanzees set your computer up after you've done a clean installation. I don't really understand why they keep moving the interface around - it's like they have ADHD.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
why do I have to input a fucking pin on win home every time I restart my computer? Win HOME

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
W10 worse aspect is dumbing down the UI into some smart phone garbage. Good to see theyre going further with W11.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Every windows version makes the gui objectively worse.

The worst part is how they'll redesign a gui like mouse or sound controls, but strip out 90% of the functionality, forcing users to get through their shit UI to do anything useful. I know they're not serious about cleaning up this shit while the registry still exists. It's like a giant katamari of shit.

They should keep windows 10 and start releasing a linux based OS that they move to in a decade or something.

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Is this the one where they start charging a subscription for it? All-in-one special: you get a browser, office, and OS all for just 199.99 a year!

• 1Triggered