Winter 2016 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh hey, more anime.

The chart is too large for an attachment, so its linked from offsitehere.

The schedule and previews are availablehere. I've attached the schedule pic after the chart.

A schedule of release times and subtitle sources is also located here:Fansub Database

neregate.com-Winter-2015-2016-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thought Attack on Titan was back this winter. Shit. I count 4 that I will watch that are new. 2 returning. So ya...mediocre.

Fadaar

That guy
I always go in to every season "meh" with only a few I plan on watching but always a few surprises. Hopefully there's some of those this winter too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wouldn't say "meh", but the things that interest me are continuations or season 2.

The rest of God Eater (I still liked the show despite all the bad shit)
Assassination Classroom season 2.
Gate season 2 (woohoo!)
Gundam Thunderbolt
Overlord - There's a few video shorts with the DVD releases.
One-Punch Man - There's a few OPM things also in the DVD extras section. I don't know what they're for though.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Some of the new shows look more promising then a lot of last season, far fewer rom com adaptations this time around at least.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ajin should be super cool. the manga at least is really interesting (won also some important prize iirc).

Malkav

French Madman
Meh, nothing new catching my eye in there.

Wished we would have had more Overlord at least. Glad we're getting some GATE though.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Updated the thread with the schedule/preview link and the usual attached schedule chart.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
The three new shows that I think will make or break this season are going to be; Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, and Ajin.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar will basically be a cross between Log Horizon and Dungeon, with a more gritty/grindy/survival feel to it. Death should actually matter which is somewhat unique in this genre. Also the setting and animation should be top tier.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
All i see is Gate, GodEater still hasnt hooked me and Dura lost me after s1.

Working!!! just ended tho and that saddens me but oh well!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ajin seems to have the same animation style as Knights of Sidonia, which I thought was unique and well done. Hope its good.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Working!!! just ended tho and that saddens me but oh well!
Sad to see it go, but it was getting a little repetitive with each character's stories. It was nice to finally bring them to their obvious conclusions.

Also, I welcome our new Nazuna overlord.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stoked about Gate and Grimgar. They are the only major standounts for me at first glance. Will probably give Ajin a try as well, then see how the rerolled review squad suggests as the season goes on.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So, what were the watchable shows of this current season? I'm on Haikyuu, One-Punch Man, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans & Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru.

That's it for this season. Am I missing anything great?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ushio and Tora is really good. They still have a few episodes left to go, maybe through Winter. Utawarerumono has been a fun one for me. Beautiful Bones has also been really good.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Owarimonogatari if you like the Monogatari stuff, and I liked Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry as well. Heavy Object is fun too.

I wouldn't call any of the shows top tier or must watch though. Maybe Cavalry is.