Wizardhawk's memorial thread (a cautionary tale of dental care and garlic)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So I woke up this morning with a big ole swollen bump on my bottom gum near my wisdom tooth/molar (both of which have needed to be removed for a while). Pretty sure it's an infection because it's not a canker sore. Thing is, I don't have $600+ to just go hand a dentist at the moment to get the teeth pulled etc. (otherwise I would've done it before). Will just using mouthwash and taking some amoxicillin/penicillin clear it up in a day or two or is that just something to do to get by for a day or two before having them pulled?

Edit: Should I pop it with a needle or something in the meantime?

Sterling

El Presidente
Could always see if there's a dental school or free dental clinic around and get it done that way. Don't fuck around with this it can lead to much bigger problems.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
There are but you have to jump through like 17 hoops along with having medicaid to even get anywhere near the places (which I don't have).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm using antiseptic mouthwash (I could use some peroxide tho instead) and started taking some antibiotics today, yes. Just wasn't sure if that would only be a very temporary solution or not.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
You are going to die.

A brain infection can occur when bacteria from other infections in the body (for example and abscessed tooth) travels through the blood stream and into the brain. The result is severe infection and if left untreated, possibly death. That is the sobering message a 12-year-old Maryland boy left when his dental problems went untreated. He succumbed to a severe brain infection. Deamonte Driver's life could have been spared if his infected tooth was simply removed - a procedure costing just $80.

However, the Driver family faced obstacles with Medicaid, poverty, and access to resources, resulting in an easily preventable health problem turning deadly. In the end, Driver endured two surgeries and weeks of hospital care totaling about $250,000 in medical bills. Sadly, it was too late to save the boy, and he passed away on Feb. 25.
Center for Health and Health Care in Schools -

Novel Ways to Achieve Optimal Oral Health - Life Extension

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/brain...n/page2_em.htm

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Everybody dies bro, I just want to make it to the end of my fantasy football season to see if I can get the win. I was hoping to go out a bit more manly than death by gum disease tho =/

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Too bad you're living in a third world country
frown.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I woke up this morning with a big ole swollen bump on my bottom gum near my wisdom tooth/molar (both of which have needed to be removed for a while). Pretty sure it's an infection because it's not a canker sore. Thing is, I don't have $600+ to just go hand a dentist at the moment to get the teeth pulled etc. (otherwise I would've done it before). Will just using mouthwash and taking some amoxicillin/penicillin clear it up in a day or two or is that just something to do to get by for a day or two before having them pulled?

Edit: Should I pop it with a needle or something in the meantime?
METH

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Get a loan to fix your fucking teeth. Return the PS4 or Xbone and take care of yourself. Health should be the #1 absolute main priority for your spending.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nobody gives me loans and I don't have a ps4 or xbone etc. Working in kitchens at $10-12 an hour and living in south florida doesn't exactly equate to having much spending money and health doesn't do much if you don't pay your rent.

Edit: After some research it seems the only way I can get some free dental care is if I have HIV/AIDS. Time to find some dirties on craigslist I guess.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I haven't been to a dentist in 12 years and I have pretty damn good teeth. I do have cavities in my wisdom teeth but you don't need to go to a dentist to fix them nor do you need a root canal. What you need to do is first of all, do a salt water mouth rinse then you take a clove of garlic and chop it into small pieces. Then you take the garlic and rub it around the area of the infection(do this a few times). Garlic has extremely potent antibacterial properties and will 100% guaranteed kill any infection that exists and it also acts as a mild pain killer so it will relieve pain as well. Then after this you need to brush your teeth pretty vigorously to the point where your gums will probably bleed. The only reason you're getting an infection is because of food not being properly cleaned out and it's decaying in your mouth and causing bacteria to grow which is causing the infection. Brush after meals and sugary drinks and avoid sugary drinks as much as possible.