Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Personally I'm way more hyped for this than anything else so far at E3. First game was such an unexpected fucking gem of a game, and this looks like just as good.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
pretty awesome collectors edition will go up, its up on gamestop right now but will go up on amazon, best buy, target, and walmart this week

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Collector's Edition

ukvMVqRGABB4Kd7woK9mVc-650-80.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I tried to play World Order after I played DOOM 2016 last year when I heard how good it was.

Couldn't get into it after the DOOM gameplay which was just way more fun to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The big appeal to these games is the setting, but I can totally understand how similar mechanics would impact that. I never played Fallout: New Vegas as much as I should have because I played the hell out of Fallout 3 and then FO:NV played so similar that I experienced Fallout burnout even though I had barely touched New Vegas.

Also lol at the Terror Billy action figure. I'm a huge whore for alt-history games and The New Order was pretty awesome. This will be a day 1 buy for me.

• 2Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The alt history was great and gun play wasn't bad outside of one section where I failed a jump 6 times in a row because the particular weapon I had equipped slowed my character down 5% or something dumb and caused a whiff and miss by inches on the jump (wtf guys).

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I liked the first one, but I thought it ended more conclusively. Didn't you explode the mech the lady was in or something? I for sure thought she died?

Cybsled

The mech dude was Totenkopf. The nazi lady had her jaw mostly ripped off by the robot at the concentration camp, but she survived. At the end of the game her boy toy captures you and puts you on a video feed so he can show himself killing you, but you end up killing him on the camera in front of her. She survived the end of the 1st game, though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It takes more than destroying their mad scientist leader, their moon base, hundreds of elite soldiers, billions of dollars of infrastructure, weaponry, and research, and uncovering + using hidden Jew (or something) tech to stop a global regime. Apparently. Honestly I would think that would be a pretty good first step though at least.

• 1Smuggly

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I assumed The New Order was a terrible cash-in on an old franchise. I guess I never bothered to look it up.

This looks awesome and makes me more interested in going back and playing The New Order.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The New Order was awesome. Old Blood was sort of a quick tie-in / homage / parody of the older game all in one and was more meh to me. So definitely go for TNO and look for all the little hidden stuff and creep on people's convos in the rare instances you aren't murdering them, some detailed world building in there.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I assumed The New Order was a terrible cash-in on an old franchise. I guess I never bothered to look it up.

This looks awesome and makes me more interested in going back and playing The New Order.

It's definitely worth it, very good game but shooter elements are not modern (good and bad points). It's very... depressing though, tbh lol.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
According to Utnayan New Order is ten times better than DOOM 2016.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The New Order is one of the best games from the last generation, I played it again and again. Great gameplay reminiscent of older FPS games, very good story, AMAZING worldbuilding.. but then I'm a sucker for WW2/Nazi stuff, post-apocalyptic settings and steampunk aesthetic so that probably had to do with it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
just depends what you hate more, nazi's or demons. The New Order was definitely better than Old Blood (dlc), which felt kinda short and sorta unconnected. Plus the scottish buddy you had in TNO was an awesome guy, and one of the early levels where you were attacking the nazi castle was fantastic.

definitely look forward to this game, think i'll buy it on PC though since these guys know how to make GREAT visuals

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Got around to playing The New Order early this year, was a pretty enjoyable game. Solid shooter, nothing special by any means, but it was fun. BJ Blazkowicz is a badass character to play though. Will definitely buy this new one. Looks like it will highlight more of the Nazi-America setting which is obviously a huge selling point for many of us.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
TNO was awesome, but certainly a bit more sofisticated than Doom. It was very reminiscent of HL1 era games, solid shooter with some interesting twists to keep it interesting and enough secrets to keep you searching. Old blood was decidedly B material, but still good enough to entertain me all the way through.

Doom was a bit different, but I'd still rate it as a must play game if you are into shooters.

It's interesting how all these games played well as corridor shooters, but offered enough depth to make scavenging rewarding.

I'm a bit afraid they will go more crysis in this one, judging by the suit from the trailer, but hopefully it will work out.

• 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't forget, the hump scenes better than the shit in mass effect. Maybe do a little something something for mist.