Women claiming each other...

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just thought about this but I've finally realized after it happening several times that it annoys me.

I met my wife and married her a year later. We've been married about 8 months now.

One of my wife's friends lives in Vegas so I never got a chance to meet her (fortunately). My wife used to talk to her once every 2 or 3 weeks and they'd been great friends 10 years earlier when they lived closer together. So after I proposed my wife handed the phone to me to talk to her friend. First thing this chick says to me is, "She's my bitch!"

I'm a southern man, from NC... I'm not possessive or controlling or any of that shit but having someone tell me that my fiance (at the time) is their bitch didn't set well with me. I just disagreed with her and got off the phone as quick as I could. My wife and her friend's relationship is basically nonexistent now. Her friend is unhappily married and she said marriage sucks to my wife and tried to talk her out of it. If she had met me I could understand wanting to talk my wife out of it but whatever... That's all beside the point though.

I've met quite a few other friends of my wife and another handful of them claimed my wife as theirs to me. I just don't get that. Is that some female protective thing? The worst thing that transpires between my wife and I that she could tell her friends is that we argue sometimes. My point is I don't see that these women have anything to fear from me or any reason to need to protect my wife, so I don't see why they have to claim her when I meet them.

Maybe I just take it the wrong way. I dated her, I proposed and I married her. Where I come from she's mine and I'm hers and no friends try to lay claim. Sometimes I just don't get people from Louisiana. Maybe I'm just too territorial being raised in NC...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've honestly never experienced this, and I've lived all around the US and dated women from almost every region. Maybe it's the type of women you date/are attracted to?

Zarniwoop_sl

shitlord
I've also never experienced this. It sounds like they are being protective. Are you a jerk to your wife? Maybe she is offering them some friends with benefits perks, and they are worried this will dry up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Been with my wife for 8 years, married last September and I've never gotten anything like that.

Fuse

Never had that either, married 7 years.

Sounds like your wife's friends have an emotional dependancy on her and are threatend by you. Either that or really awkward senses of humor.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Meh, I read this and the first thing that immediately came to mind was guys trying to date my sister. I gave them the "you fuck with them I kill you speech", because she is family. Sounds like her friend considers her family.

Its a southern thing. My two long term relationships post college were with women from Louisiana and Georgia. I got the same shit from their friends about her being theirs and that I'm temporary until proven otherwise. Tell them to take a hike, that's what I did and if your wife is a woman worth the time then she'll back you on it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They're just fucking around. Get over it.

Sparko

My wife's bff constantly tells me that my wife is hers. She also tells me when she comes to visit that they're going to get it on. She's yet to come through on that promise.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I don't know it would piss me off to an extent if someone told me my wife was "theirs". I definitely get the loosen up comments but at the same time I take protecting my family pretty seriously.

It depends on the nature of the person telling you that. With the girl I dated for two years after college it was more of a joking thing and so I dealt with it that way. With my wife it was a very possessive you are an interloper sort of statement so I told them they could go fuck themselves. So loosening up is apt in some cases, but detrimental in others. In the latter case those bitches will try and piss in your relationship Cheerios.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My wife's bff constantly tells me that my wife is hers. She also tells me when she comes to visit that they're going to get it on. She's yet to come through on that promise.
Several of my wife's friends do similar things. I tell them as long as I get video I am fine with it. Also one of my wife's friends calls me her "life sex partner" but has yet to follow through on it. Maybe one day, she has an amazing rack but my wife probably wouldn't be to happy if it ever went beyond a running joke between us.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
"She lives under my roof, so that would make her mine."

"If she's yours, you want to pay her rent then?'

"Actually she's mine, and the first. Next is you."

Seriously...fuck with them. Be a smartass. They'll either like you or fear you.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have you posted anything normal about your marriage yet, Cathan? I swear it's always weird shit with you.

Been married 8 and a half years and this is bizarre to me.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tell them you traded a mule and a bag of oats to her father fair and square. Southern ho's will understand that shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno. This could be serious. You should start by making sure your wife doesn't talk to any of them any more. Progressively work your way up to not letting your wife out of the house or use the internet. That should clear this little issue up.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just thought about this but I've finally realized after it happening several times that it annoys me.

I met my wife and married her a year later. We've been married about 8 months now.

One of my wife's friends lives in Vegas so I never got a chance to meet her (fortunately). My wife used to talk to her once every 2 or 3 weeks and they'd been great friends 10 years earlier when they lived closer together. So after I proposed my wife handed the phone to me to talk to her friend. First thing this chick says to me is, "She's my bitch!"
This is actually a good thing, if you like threesomes. Tell her you and your wife share everything, I mean EVERYTHING.

1- Invite her over for dinner with you and your wife.

2- Ply her with wine and the date rape drug of your choice

3- Pull your pants down and exclaim, "It's not gonna suck itself!"

4- Profit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First thing this chick says to me is, "She's my bitch!"

I'm a southern man, from NC... I'm not possessive or controlling or any of that shit but having someone tell me that my fiance (at the time) is their bitch didn't set well with me.
WTF are you talking about? You weirdo.