WordPress recurring payments shopping cart template?

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys, I'm looking for a pretty custom WordPress shopping cart template. Straight from my client:

Basically, they add items to their shopping cart, give a CC # to bill the items to (payment is handled externally not through the site), and each month on a date they pick they are sent the items and billed until they cancel their membership. This guy sells auto parts to smaller retailers and acts as the middle man with the manufacturers. I know Amazon offers something similar where you can have them bill and send you a specific item monthly. Anyone know of a WordPress template that would fit this bill?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haha gotta love how clients sometimes have the weirdest way of trying to convey an idea about their site. Shopping carts aren't meant to hold an item indefinitely. You put something in your cart and then checkout. What you customer needs is recurringsubscription functionality. Site visitor purchases a subscription and then every month they get to select a product. There are a few ecommerce/subscription based plugins for wordpress but none that I know of that would offer this unique type of functionality your customer is requesting.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Haha gotta love how clients sometimes have the weirdest way of trying to convey an idea about their site. Shopping carts aren't meant to hold an item indefinitely. You put something in your cart and then checkout. What you customer needs is recurringsubscription functionality. Site visitor purchases a subscription and then every month they get to select a product. There are a few ecommerce/subscription based plugins for wordpress but none that I know of that would offer this unique type of functionality your customer is requesting.
Yeah haha that's even heavily edited, he gave me like a 2 page long doc. I'm thinking about going the route of editing a shopping cart template and trying to remove / edit the "check out" functionality. Could be a lot of work though.
TrainWreck1.gif
Bummer.
frown.png

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
But they still have to pay/purchase the membership so you are going to need some sort of checkout functionality unless he will be processing payments manually which I doubt. It is going to take some heavy handed hacking on whatever commerce plugin you try to use to get this functionality to work. You don't want to see what will happen when you to update the plugin with all your hacks and then watch the site break. It sounds like a job for a custom plugin in my opinion rather then trying to get an already established one to work it. I could easily do this in Drupal hehe.