World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I run 2 accounts. 1 I use pretty much for nothing other than AH stuff, or maybe tagging along to get tmog things or hold a raid ID.. I don't think I could multi 5 box like Khane does.. at the same time it does make it easier to max out 40 toons since you only are leveling 8 times really.

I am sure the other benefit is he probably makes enough gold with them to pay for themselves 10x over.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well the arcane mage challenge seems annoying Sigryn has been very easy for me on every other class but for some reason my Arcane mage actually takes a shitload of damage from.... everything in this challenge. What the fuck?

I was having a bitch of a time with it too. Used the Blink chest that gives you an absorb on blink and just blinked on the regular to keep it up, since I didn't really use blink any other time. Without that, I think people run the mana shield talent.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I am still a little frustrated I didn't get the BfA beta for some reason but whatever. Still I know a fair number of you guys got in some who didn't even bother playing, still I imagine there are a few of you who got on and tried most of the classes. How different are they from live? I am not worried about DPS or who is the FoTM but how do they feel without the artifact abilities? How many of them play pretty much the same as legion? How many are complete buttfucked?

My lock just got portal pants.. this close to the end of the xpac and you can still be disappointed by the shitty lego system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Im amazed you guys need to level anything at all after all these years.

Playing on a new server every expansion and never returning to whatever characters I played during that time (and being a filthy casual) has left me with a less than optimal roster.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah I run 2 accounts. 1 I use pretty much for nothing other than AH stuff, or maybe tagging along to get tmog things or hold a raid ID.. I don't think I could multi 5 box like Khane does.. at the same time it does make it easier to max out 40 toons since you only are leveling 8 times really.

I am sure the other benefit is he probably makes enough gold with them to pay for themselves 10x over.

5 Boxing is an interesting concept. I basically just kept adding accounts every time there was a WoW sale with RAF because I wanted the mounts and then one day I had 5 accounts. Then I started using ISBoxer which makes boxing ridiculously easy and intuitive. The benefit being that all the things I would never bother doing with solo play actually seem worthwhile since I can do it 5x at once. When I do the idiotic old world daily quest rep grinds I can get 5x the rewards (Tol Barad Tokens meant I could get every single reward in the same time it would take one person to get one of the mounts). I would never have set up even one order hall for gold making if it wasn't for the fact that I can do 5 at once any time I do it. The OHs make me between 1.2 and 1.6 mil a week but I never use the gold on WoW tokens. I'd rather use the gold to play the BMAH or buy expensive TCG mounts off the AH. $75/month isn't really a lot of money considering how much I play this stupid fucking game.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
5 Boxing is an interesting concept. I basically just kept adding accounts every time there was a WoW sale with RAF because I wanted the mounts and then one day I had 5 accounts. Then I started using ISBoxer which makes boxing ridiculously easy and intuitive. The benefit being that all the things I would never bother doing with solo play actually seem worthwhile since I can do it 5x at once. When I do the idiotic old world daily quest rep grinds I can get 5x the rewards (Tol Barad Tokens meant I could get every single reward in the same time it would take one person to get one of the mounts). I would never have set up even one order hall for gold making if it wasn't for the fact that I can do 5 at once any time I do it. The OHs make me between 1.2 and 1.6 mil a week but I never use the gold on WoW tokens. I'd rather use the gold to play the BMAH or buy expensive TCG mounts off the AH. $75/month isn't really a lot of money considering how much I play this stupid fucking game.

That's true $75 is cheap for pretty much any hobby. I still have a couple of account codes I bought when they were like $5 to use for RaF for the extra mounts.. Maybe one of these days I should try boxing too.

Khane

I was having a bitch of a time with it too. Used the Blink chest that gives you an absorb on blink and just blinked on the regular to keep it up, since I didn't really use blink any other time. Without that, I think people run the mana shield talent.

I only have frost legendaries on the mage unfortunately. Frost and Fire were fine at 910 ilvl but I can't believe how much damn damage I take in Arcane. I think what I may have to do is just Arcane Barrage kite and take it reaaaaaaaaaal slow.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yay finally finished the healer monk one...funny I died at the end with nowhere to stand and the NPCs finished off eldris with like 2% remaining.

I think the rogue challenges are the easiest with high gear level I 1shot all 3 on my wife's rogue. Things just melt.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I only have frost legendaries on the mage unfortunately. Frost and Fire were fine at 910 ilvl but I can't believe how much damn damage I take in Arcane. I think what I may have to do is just Arcane Barrage kite and take it reaaaaaaaaaal slow.

Best thing you can do for the fight is set up a Poly macro for the main guy and a slow macro for the other. I did this one months ago when it was current so I don't remember what gear I had but I do remember going balls out to burn as much as I could at the star then spent the rest of the fight as control. Focus on the mechanics then when your cooldowns are ready just burn the shit.

As a side note even though it wasn't ever a top DPS spec in legion Arcane was/is fun as shit.

P.S. doing LFR the first time in ages it's pathetic how awful people are. It makes me face palm when I am in top5 dps with a complete shit geared alt not really even paying attention. They really need a way to make shitbags pull their fucking weight. We hit the goddamn enrage timer on Argus.. 3 DH's pulling 300k fucking faggots.

P.S.S. Fuck blizzard for sticking you in already 1/2 done LFR's so you have to requeue again for it. They are fucking faggots too.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
Thing I always hated the most in LFR, is you always got one or two people who died on purpose after hitting the boss once, so they could go AFK and still get loot.

Khane

Only have Shadow, Survival and Arcane left for DPS challenges, Pally and Warr left for Tank Challenges. Fuck the healer challenge.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was feeling saucy tonight, so I decided to give the holy priest challenge another try after hearing some newer strats from folks. One shot the damn thing, made it through healy adds with a 3-3-2 with some very convenient mob spacing on the last one so I could sneak in a last second holy word to top the 8th guy off before wave 4. Last phase was super sketchy since I was trying really hard to manage my health and I almost bit it early a couple times (and so did Jarod). Ended up dying at 10%ish when I ran out of room due to my awful spacing, but they finished it up. God, it feels good to have that done. 3 challenges left to go. I've heard the others I have left aren't quite as aids later on, so we'll see how those go.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
No? I mean, at this point, you probably only run into people who are finishing the mage towers and super casual derps, so you're not necessarily getting a fair picture, but still, no.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Generally the people who are assholes are the ones who aren't good at the game but think they are and at this point of the expansion the only people still doing stuff other than mog hunting are those people.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Generally the people who are assholes are the ones who aren't good at the game but think they are and at this point of the expansion the only people still doing stuff other than mog hunting are those people.
Quite sure this is it. I posted something up a month ago, I was doing normal on my bear. Other tank asked for lead so I gave it to him and he recruited more peeps. No problem. We get to Vari and he misses a taunt, I go down because that's how that fight goes. He fires off a rez and dies. We wipe. He kicks me.

Was leveling my priest. Blood furnace pops. DK pulls the whole first room. We die. He calls us all noobs and leaves. Like dude, you way over pulled...

People need to feel like they are the king of the meta. Only they know the best strats and they never mess up. If people would check their ego at the door the game would be nicer.

• 1Solidarity