World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Arcane Mage in BfA feels... tired. While I never really had much use for the actual click-ability the various golden talents associated with it were very handy. They brought some of those back for BfA as talents, but that also means you need to sacrifice other abilities in order to get access to them.

End result is that fighting feels sluggish. The auto-scaling does you no favors because I almost always seemed to be just a bit too low to kill mobs with an integer number of casts and thus either had to wait for Nether Tempest / other splash damage to finish them off or waste another Arcane Blast on a mob with a sliver of health.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Quite sure this is it. I posted something up a month ago, I was doing normal on my bear. Other tank asked for lead so I gave it to him and he recruited more peeps. No problem. We get to Vari and he misses a taunt, I go down because that's how that fight goes. He fires off a rez and dies. We wipe. He kicks me.

Was leveling my priest. Blood furnace pops. DK pulls the whole first room. We die. He calls us all noobs and leaves. Like dude, you way over pulled...

People need to feel like they are the king of the meta. Only they know the best strats and they never mess up. If people would check their ego at the door the game would be nicer.

And in LFR I find that people are huge assholes and dicks, especially to people that have not been to that raid before, in order to make sure everyone knows that they are too good for LFR and shouldn't be here. It's so hilariously sad. "if I don't insult everyone than people won't know that I am too good to be here!!"

My favorite is when I once mentioned to an LFR that I hadn't been here yet, and any input and feedback was greatly appreciated - if there was anything dire I needed to know please hit me up, as I haven't downloaded DBM yet ( I mean cmon, it's LFR, yes I should have had DBM, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet).

So we get to the boss and we wipe and of course some rank 18 on the dps charts Mage starts yelling at me and says "kick the dumb fucking tank". It was Portal Keeper Hasabel btw; and while I read the adventure guide it said nothing about how you need to go into the portals that get summoned. Nobody mentioned it either despite me politely asking and saying I hadn't been here yet. So why the fuck didn't anyone say anything lol? I checked a few times over the next 5 minutes after being booted and they wiped at least another 2 times.

Aside from that I'm honestly surprised that anyone queues for LFR's as a tank at all since tanks always get blamed by default for anything that goes wrong whatsoever.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
When I do LFR I don't even read the chat. Nothing of value is said.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And in LFR I find that people are huge assholes and dicks, especially to people that have not been to that raid before, in order to make sure everyone knows that they are too good for LFR and shouldn't be here. It's so hilariously sad. "if I don't insult everyone than people won't know that I am too good to be here!!"

My favorite is when I once mentioned to an LFR that I hadn't been here yet, and any input and feedback was greatly appreciated - if there was anything dire I needed to know please hit me up, as I haven't downloaded DBM yet ( I mean cmon, it's LFR, yes I should have had DBM, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet).

So we get to the boss and we wipe and of course some rank 18 on the dps charts Mage starts yelling at me and says "kick the dumb fucking tank". It was Portal Keeper Hasabel btw; and while I read the adventure guide it said nothing about how you need to go into the portals that get summoned. Nobody mentioned it either despite me politely asking and saying I hadn't been here yet. So why the fuck didn't anyone say anything lol? I checked a few times over the next 5 minutes after being booted and they wiped at least another 2 times.

Aside from that I'm honestly surprised that anyone queues for LFR's as a tank at all since tanks always get blamed by default for anything that goes wrong whatsoever.
If you want to tank, even LFR, you should watch a 5 minute video on the fight. Or queue as a dps to see the fight once or twice. Sure, you asked for help but maybe you aren't the good guy here :)

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Moose tauren actually do look kind of cool. Moose or Nightborne warrior hrmmmm!?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you want to tank, even LFR, you should watch a 5 minute video on the fight. Or queue as a dps to see the fight once or twice. Sure, you asked for help but maybe you aren't the good guy here :)

I second this run the fight a couple times as DPS and read the dungeon guide thing. The hilarious thing is in pantheon on LFR you see higher level raider tanks doing LFR and they don't realize the mechanics of the first boss are different and it gets them dead very fast. I have seen it at least 10 times now.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Morrow,

As someone who just came back to the game and started playing a tank, you will probably benefit more from messaging the other tank directly if you don’t know a fight. Putting it on everyone else to inform you of the mechanics isn’t a great way to get the info you need. You can also click that adventure guide in-game and and it will automatically put you on the “what tanks need to know” section.

You also need to prepare to get more criticism because you’re 1 of 2 tanks so when you screw up, don’t know a fight or mechanic, aren’t pulling fast enough, aren’t geared enough, everyone will jump down your throat. Just gotta brush that shit off.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Morrow,

As someone who just came back to the game and started playing a tank, you will probably benefit more from messaging the other tank directly if you don’t know a fight. Putting it on everyone else to inform you of the mechanics isn’t a great way to get the info you need. You can also click that adventure guide in-game and and it will automatically put you on the “what tanks need to know” section.

Oh I did that for sure - he said he never ported up in the 2 encounters he'd done.

This has been the only encounter I had an issue with. I mean it's LFR, it's easy, usually reading the adventure guide is all you need. Still, cmon guys, it takes 2 seconds to respond to someone that kindly asks if there is anything they need to know. And sure, I'm in the wrong for not researching it first, as a tank yes I agree - but if someone asks kindly, and nobody says anything, I'm gonna say they are idiots when they then complain when a wipe happens, even if I was in the wrong not researching it first as a tank.

Morrow,

The adventure guide is flawed for Portal Keeper.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also if you do the argus quest line now you are going to likely be pretty over geared for any LFR fight so basically just read up on the dungeon journal thing and you should do pretty well. If you think you want to tank for a while I do recommend installing DBM or something similar. I am not a huge fan of mods but there is so much shit going on in fights when you are tanking it is nice to have something calling out stack swaps for you.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I think I’ve done that fight twice and last time somebody was like “can we get a fkin tank up here” woops ;) I didn’t know either.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Moose tauren actually do look kind of cool. Moose or Nightborne warrior hrmmmm!?

Moose!

They have their own charge/dash thing (more charges clearly better than less) and they mine really fast which gives you more time to get to other nodes. They're OP!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I’ve done that fight twice and last time somebody was like “can we get a fkin tank up here” woops ;) I didn’t know either.

Hahah oh yes always exciting for the DPS if a tank does not mosey up into the portals to help out or the guy without stacks does not grab the boss so the tank who already has stacks gets to eat that much more pain till he gets back.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The second to last boss in Antorus is a boss that has a tanking mechanic that works differently in LFR than in any other difficulty.
Basically he does a cleave effect that on normal and above you need to alternate between soaking with the raid and taking it alone while in LFR you ALWAYS soak with the raid. So what happens when a tank that has experience in normal+ but has never done LFR is he will try to take one alone and die.
Now the fun part is what happens next, 9 times out of 10 this happens, the tank gets kicked, because somehow people would rather wait for another tank and take the chance that the next one knows the fight in LFR rather than taking a couple of seconds to explain this super simple difference.
LFR is not a place for reason.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People pretty much always blindly click "Accept" or "Yes" on in game pop up dialogues. So if anyone initiates a kick request it's a guarantee it will go through.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Nightborne start off with Nightfallen at Exalted and the whole quest line out of the way, so you don't have to do the entry bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Agreed. This late in the xpac, wiping because the tank doesn't know what to do is maybe the worst thing to happen to an already shitty LFR experience. Asking people, who might have been occasionally helpful, to explain stuff in LFR after they have been in countless wipes, in the preceding months, to shitty tanks, usually from Brazil, that cant speak English, is like asking a dog to do your homework for you.

But no, people would rather queue for the 2 most important jobs, and wipe because they dont know mechanics, or just suck at them, to save 10-15 minutes on the DPS queue time, because hey, fuck everyone else's time, right?

Edit: If anyone didnt know, you can queue for all raid LFRs at the same time, so you only have to wait for the first queue.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agreed. This late in the xpac, wiping because the tank doesn't know what to do is maybe the worst thing to happen to an already shitty LFR experience. Asking people, who might have been occasionally helpful, to explain stuff in LFR after they have been in countless wipes, in the preceding months, to shitty tanks, usually from Brazil, that cant speak English, is like asking a dog to do your homework for you.

But no, people would rather queue for the 2 most important jobs, and wipe because they dont know mechanics, or just suck at them, to save 10-15 minutes on the DPS queue time, because hey, fuck everyone else's time, right?

Generally this is why before I will tank an LFR i will run it a couple times as DPS and that gives you a pretty good feel of the flow of the fight. It was pretty hilarious the first week the last wing of LFR antorus opened up all the tanks doing it had done normal or higher previously. We wiped so many times before somebody fucking read the dungeon guide and went um guys this shit works different on this mode than every other difficulty.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
People still don't know the bombs that get placed on you for LFR Argus do no damage when the debuff times out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
People still don't know the bombs that get placed on you for LFR Argus do no damage when the debuff times out.

The bursts don't hurt you the bomb you still I believe need to run to the glowy dude. But yes people with the bursts still run around frantically without realizing those don't really do much on LFR.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah like it or not queuing to tank LFR without knowing the fights is gonna get you kicked. Tanking/Healing is a thankless job in WoW and 99.9% of the playerbase are dicks towards the bad ones then they complain that the wait time for DPS is so long. LFR is always full of dipshits, morons, and faggots by default. 1/2 the DPS is auto attacking afk while watching youtube or something, or either suck so much shit that they somehow can fuck up a wet dream and do 200k dps with 950+ gear. The healers may or may not be in a healing spec they might heal they might dps they might jerk their dicks you never know. The thanks have to know the basic shit because they are front of center of the encounter and it's easy to spot and point out that tank was the fuck up here.

What they should do with LFR though is go back to the WoD style of drops. No tier, well they are removing tier anyways with BfA, but make the t-mog some random generic ugly pieces of trashfire garbage, drop no trinkets other than stat sticks, and should drop placeholder weapon skins that look like this.

449351.jpg