World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea it wasn't the class. It was the player.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHH

• 2Ice Burn
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yah, I find druid or shaman the most fun to play regardless of spec quality. Boomy at least seems decent, I can't even look at ele or feral right now. Plus I like the flexibility of being able to tank or heal in a pinch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I found Guardian to be so mind-numbingly boring, otherwise I'd probably have switched at some point. Druids were in such a good place in Legion all all four specs.

I really do like the Warrior, though, no matter what a whole lot of people were saying at various points. I won't deny that Krosus sucked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But if I use my cooldowns then I won't have them for when I need them

• 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I found Guardian to be so mind-numbingly boring, otherwise I'd probably have switched at some point. Druids were in such a good place in Legion all all four specs.

I really do like the Warrior, though, no matter what a whole lot of people were saying at various points. I won't deny that Krosus sucked.

Oh it is mind numbingly boring, the nice part is its so simplistic that having it as your third role lets you play at acceptable levels with not much time put in to it. Just bleh on the direction Blizz is taking with my favorite classes this xpac. Feral was in a good spot after the rework in legion but they decided to revert it to basically pre fix status for BfA. Resto got straight up gutted in utility and bear defensives while still retaining sub par throughput. Then you have guardian which probably isn't bad but as you said its boring and somehow the tank with mostly aoe options is the lowest aoe dps tank right now. Makes sense.

I can't even go in to ele and enhance with how much that would rustle my jimmies.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yah, I find druid or shaman the most fun to play regardless of spec quality. Boomy at least seems decent, I can't even look at ele or feral right now. Plus I like the flexibility of being able to tank or heal in a pinch.
Balance feels so stupid strong right now, with mythic gear, my dps seems crazy. However, I see that changing when I hit BFA max level. Right now the ratios are fucked up, so I have like 28%crit, 35%haste and 60%mastery before any procs come into play. Also, I love the talent that starts me at 50 Astral power, allowing me to drop a starfall at the start of a fight. However, I feel substantially squishier at the same time.

I'm definitely gonna need a weak aura for the random empowerment procs from dot ticks (instead of them being controlled and coming from starsurge casts). Fucking random bullshit. Makes the cast rotation more chaotic, but at least I have fewer buttons to press (unless I pick the two talents for moon and an extra dot and fuck that). I'm also confused by the talent that's identical to the legendary shoulders - when I have both, damage isn't additive or even multiplicative, and Moonfire still only hits two targets. Something tells me that talent is going to suck compared to it being a solid legendary option, given there's a better aoe talent on that same row.

Right now it feels like a dumbed down version of the class. Like TBC levels of simplicity, or Wrath without Eclipse. AP gain seems a little slow, but tolerable, overall seems a more controlled rotation where you aren't already mashing the next spell button before the previous spell fires off. Overall the lack of moons is better, but it feels too "slow", even if the dps is good.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Balance feels so stupid strong right now, with mythic gear, my dps seems crazy. However, I see that changing when I hit BFA max level. Right now the ratios are fucked up, so I have like 28%crit, 35%haste and 60%mastery before any procs come into play. Also, I love the talent that starts me at 50 Astral power, allowing me to drop a starfall at the start of a fight. However, I feel substantially squishier at the same time.

I'm definitely gonna need a weak aura for the random empowerment procs from dot ticks (instead of them being controlled and coming from starsurge casts). Fucking random bullshit. Makes the cast rotation more chaotic, but at least I have fewer buttons to press (unless I pick the two talents for moon and an extra dot and fuck that). I'm also confused by the talent that's identical to the legendary shoulders - when I have both, damage isn't additive or even multiplicative, and Moonfire still only hits two targets. Something tells me that talent is going to suck compared to it being a solid legendary option, given there's a better aoe talent on that same row.

Right now it feels like a dumbed down version of the class. Like TBC levels of simplicity, or Wrath without Eclipse. AP gain seems a little slow, but tolerable, overall seems a more controlled rotation where you aren't already mashing the next spell button before the previous spell fires off. Overall the lack of moons is better, but it feels too "slow", even if the dps is good.

Balance is pretty mid-lower tier atm from dps. Why are you taking nature's balance, and why would you drop starfall at the start of a fight. Stellar empowerment is gone, so starfall for ST is worthless. Warrior of Elune is really the only choice here atm.

The shoulders & the talent damage do stack atm, so wearing the shoulders and taking the talent is bis.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I really think having nothing new in terms of class abilties is a serious flaw with BfA. 120 will be the same as 110 for all intents and purposes and that makes the whole thing seem pointless.

I think there's genuinely more variation between pre and post Argus Legion content than between 110 and 120.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's a bit early to be judging anything, honestly. I don't think anyone expected Legion to progress or end the way it did. There were a lot of changes that happened mid-way through the expansion (like the crucible).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
That's the one bad thing about losing legendaries and how they impacted rotations and playstyles. Haven't seen any of the balance traits of the new artifact other than stuff that just buffs shit mildly, but hasn't had any actual impact on spell priority or rotation. Yet.

Also the crucible, as much as I hated it, and how it forced you into a one way or another play style, being able to go balls deep in aoe ended up being fun. Getting a 15ilvl upgrade relic with the wrong traits, not so much.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
What's bad about Havoc? I'm playing hunter at launch but Havoc was my highest ilvl class in legion and I liked the eye beam build with the ABT set. Love that big AoE burst. Also fun to double jump and glide; I'll probably level it as a 2nd class.

My biggest problem with havoc is it just doesn’t feel strong especially for raiding. It can burst hard but then it just dies out and feels so damn weak. I’m going to play with it some more bc it has some amazing choices in its talent tree but it just feels weak and hopefully they’re not pushing the momentum spec again but that’s just a personal preference.

Speaking of momentum. It feels like they’re going backwards with some of these classes. Frost dks are going back to dragon breath? Feral is back to the old spinning plates rotation but unless the damage doesn’t really reward the level of skill required to make it work it’s not worth playing again. Right now the only dps class that just feels amazing is Destro and demo warlocks. Which means mid way through the whole class is getting hammered with the nerf bat

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yup, I don't even know why they reverted feral. It had nice aoe, middling single target, and just felt smooth. I mean none of it was strong, just finally competive and didn't feel like ass to play. Then back to shitsville.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yup, I don't even know why they reverted feral. It had nice aoe, middling single target, and just felt smooth. I mean none of it was strong, just finally competive and didn't feel like ass to play. Then back to shitsville.
I’m not against this crazy rotation and it could be fun to play something that difficult but you know they won’t tune the damage appropriately

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After playing through a bunch of dungeons on my toons after the prepatch, I'm leaning heavily towards druid. Balance is kind of fun now even if its stripped down. Guardian is almost the same. Warlock is pretty fun and a close number 2 at the moment. If demonology was ever not going to be last place i would play it. That spec is fun.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll be playing brm and bdk. But don't worry, I will be off in my own world not judging anyone. May God have mercy on the souls of anyone in leadership.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Stop trying to be gracious Noodle. You wish a pox upon them, admit it. A guild full of Vashetes is what they deserve!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Stop trying to be gracious Noodle. You wish a pox upon them, admit it. A guild full of Vashetes is what they deserve!

Hey, at least he showed up for his boots. What have you done for us lately?