World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
As of right now I'm planning on BrM/WW but that'll probably change.

I was pretty set on havoc but chaos strike being your dump mechanic is pretty shit with most of your dps coming from bladedance/death sweep. The dark slash talent is great on paper but works terrible at 120. Your primary choices are fel eruption or blade dance and nemesis(boring), momentum (not fun), or demonic (sub par single target). And then choosing between the eyebeam talent or felblade. The spec basically becomes 2 builds and both rely on the same rotation.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found it disturbing how much between the buried and me he posted given how fucking awful that band is

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Leaning towards rogue, though I enjoy survival after the rework. Don’t trust bliss at all to keep that red haired spec good through xpac though and outlaw is great atm

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Leveling my first priest. So far leveling speed seems unchanged from a month ago when I did the mage. Anyone know a typical time to 110 with full heirlooms to 110?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Leveling my first priest. So far leveling speed seems unchanged from a month ago when I did the mage. Anyone know a typical time to 110 with full heirlooms to 110?

Starting at around level 35 it's gonna be 45 mins to an hour or more per level all the way until 90. Once you hit 90 it gets much faster if you have Pathfinder (WoD + Legion Flying) and know the bonus objective/treasure collecting leveling paths.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I have not played since cataclysm launched and I have decided to try out BfA. How are shamans looking in this expansion? I normally play resto but I’ll need to play elemental or enhance to level. Normally shamans sucked at the start of expansions and is that still the case. I only get 1 character upgrade.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Resto is one of the weaker healers for mythic raiding but if you don't plan on being world top 20 it won't matter. They do fine for any normal or heroic raid or mythic+ group. I think they got overshadowed because of how strong priests and mistweavers are atm. They still bring great raid CDs but their burst healing is a little lower than before. They also don't have a tank CD so they struggle a little in that department. They do great raid healing.

Enhance levels super fast with warmode on and the pvp talents essentially let's you destroy giant packs of mobs. Without warmode it'll be quite a bit slower. Enhance is a little clunky but it's fine.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The only bad thing with this expac is every class is regressing since they lose ththeir artifact and legos. Yes they baked in some of the big ones into talents but that just ensures you lose a talent. It does kind of blow. That being said Bliz has done a decent enough job of makint every spec work well enough of 99.9% of content. It’s only at the top of mythic and the top of mythic + some specs just can’t keep up.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They already have the technology to disable/enable item effects in different levels of content, they should just let you have your legendary effects in any pre-BFA content.

I just wish they'd give us our goddamn gliders back for old instances. I get that people were using them in M+ but it's retarded that you can't use them in Molten fucking Core because of it. Same reason Bear Tartare got nerfed.

I hate that they have to nerf shit into the ground for the entire game because of something that high end PvP and M+ players are using.

Rime

<Donor>
They have proven that they can adjust/make spells for just PVP/M+.

They need to apply that to every aspect of the game. Leave my +Speed items for my transmog runs. Stop nerfing my classes because they are good in PVP, which guts them in PVE.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Combat in WoW is so frustrating after playing BDO for a couple years, I spend so much timing watching my UI rather than my character / world around me. It could also be that I am playing a MM hunter, with Aimed Shot being such a static, long casting skill that has no animation, plus the stupid GCD. Blizz would do well to hire a couple Korean designers to liven up Hunter combat animations. =)

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just wish they'd give us our goddamn gliders back for old instances. I get that people were using them in M+ but it's retarded that you can't use them in Molten fucking Core because of it. Same reason Bear Tartare got nerfed.

I hate that they have to nerf shit into the ground for the entire game because of something that high end PvP and M+ players are using.
They nerfed Tartare to slow down leveling for BFA which has nothing to do with PVP or M+.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Combat in WoW is so frustrating after playing BDO for a couple years, I spend so much timing watching my UI rather than my character / world around me. It could also be that I am playing a MM hunter, with Aimed Shot being such a static, long casting skill that has no animation, plus the stupid GCD. Blizz would do well to hire a couple Korean designers to liven up Hunter combat animations. =)
Get some good weak auras and get a big cast bar like quartz and put it in the middle of your screen so you can see shit. No need anymore to stare down at your bars

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's still staring at your UI, and there is no way around it in WoW if you want to play decently at all. He's right, it's terrible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users