World of Warcraft: Current Year

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Also speaking about bitching

I don't know how they managed, but somehow they made prot warrior even more boring than it was

Seriously. I've been a prot warrior main since Cata and this is the first time I'm not enjoying it. I'm hoping it will get better once we level up and get gear/azerite armor shit and whatnot.

I have a super high tolerance for shitty gameplay mechanics and boredom (see: pet battles and sunsong ranch being the highlight of my wow career) so it's pretty awful when even I feel like a spec is garbage and boring.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
After destroying the Legion how is it that Warlocks still function? Do they have some sort of mainline on 'organic' demons?

Basically on argus we perma killed most of the leadership of the legion and destroyed their ability to rapidly reincarnate back to the twisting nether on death. But there are still a lot of legion controlled worlds out there and lots of demons still lurking around. It is just that now they are if not mortal at least way more mortal than they once were. Kill them outside the nether and they are out of action or perma dead. So they can't really do the infinate zerg rush they used to roll over worlds before and with most of their leadership dead they presumably are busy rat fucking themselves trying to reestablish a pecking order.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
World of Legioncraft, the unannounced game from Blizzard!

The 9th expansion of which culminates in you leading forced against the oppressive "forces of light" that stop you from conquering worlds to appease the void lords, who threaten to wipe out your entire population if you don't take world's for them.

You've seen them as the bad guys, now understand the fight for self-preservation they go through just to ensure a future for themselves.

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They really seem to be doing quite a few " X% across the whole board" changes only a few days before the expansion launches. Seems uncharacteristicly unsettled for this point in the development cycle.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Seriously. I've been a prot warrior main since Cata and this is the first time I'm not enjoying it. I'm hoping it will get better once we level up and get gear/azerite armor shit and whatnot.

I have a super high tolerance for shitty gameplay mechanics and boredom (see: pet battles and sunsong ranch being the highlight of my wow career) so it's pretty awful when even I feel like a spec is garbage and boring.
Yep. I'm not really feeling it right now, but I've played a warrior tank since before Vanilla launched, I've seen all kinds of shit happen, and I'll stick with it. Prot warrior wasn't really all that great for some of Legion and it got much, much better as time went on. Not sure how it'll hold up in its current incarnation or at 120 without legendaries. I already feel rage-starved much of the time and I'm still using the lego gloves.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
They really seem to be doing quite a few " X% across the whole board" changes only a few days before the expansion launches. Seems uncharacteristicly unsettled for this point in the development cycle.
Oh, I don't know about "uncharacteristic". This kind of kneejerk reaction shit defines half of the tuning process in Legion's patch cycles.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I mean, they are doing exactly what they said they would. No major changes until 8.1, just tuning until then. So %x increase/decrease is what you would expect. I imagine come 8.1 you'll see some pretty major changes for enhancement, elemental, shadow & more.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blizz was able to restore my 13 year old account from my first ever character on Skullcrusher. Holy fuck the flashbacks. First MMO I ever played and my guildmates who were old EQ players first told me about FoH. Didn't play BC because they were all going to try Vanguard which launched a week before BC. Guild was Sacred Legacy I think. I still have the greater fire protection potions for Ragnaros and Vaelstraz lol

WoWScrnShot_081018_110150.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just did the intro scenario on Beta so I knew what happened and could skip the cutscenes on release. The name of the Zandalari king is "Rastakhan"? Lol really? Rasta Khan... hahahaha.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So the shoulder rest animation for Brewmaster only applies to Fu Zan artifact unless mogged.

Looks like I'll have this perma mogged in BFA. Shoulder resting the staff should be the default BRM style man. It's badass.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So the shoulder rest animation for Brewmaster only applies to Fu Zan artifact unless mogged.

Looks like I'll have this perma mogged in BFA. Shoulder resting the staff should be the default BRM style man. It's badass.

Agreed, not that Blizzard ever got the shoulder resting 100% correct. So many times it defaults to your back

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So yada yada faction conflict stale yada yada...

I’ll say this, Sylvanas going full apeshit nuclear has the nerds in full passion mode. I’ve been randomly yelling For The Horde on my Void Elf priest in dungeons and the reaction has ranged from ridiculous vitriol to everyone kicking me to everyone leaving group in solidarity.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think a lot of it is the loss of the artifact and legendaries followed by a massive stat squish. The power drop was pretty sever and seems to be making it harder for them to get people into the sweet spot. I expect 8.1 is going to have some pretty massive class adjustments once the effects of the azurite system are better seen by the population.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd say the fact they're doing % nerfs/buffs is better. It means they're happy with most stuff just some numbers are a little off

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd say the fact they're doing % nerfs/buffs is better. It means they're happy with most stuff just some numbers are a little off

I guess Im just looking at it as a glass half empty perspective. If they are happy with where things are at across the board right now, god help us! I mean some classes flow beautifully, and then you have others that are just asinine. Sweeping changes across the board, maybe not. But sweeping changes across certain classes days before expansion release would be a very nice thing to happen. Especially for classes like Shadow Priest.

• 1Seriously?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Why? If you can churn gear for mats then it should create a bigger glut of mats for consumables. I've seen that scrapper can generate any mat? Even herbs and shit? Will it offset the war supply quest though!?

Hell no, everyone can do the quest for every tradeskill every time you get control of the warfront and they use a LOT of mats - for example the JC contribution is 15 green gems. That's going to suck up any cheap material surplus quick smart.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Gear vendoring was never a good source of gold when you could make a lot more money selling the shards. Almost all of my cash is from just putting stacks of shards on the AH.

You are thinking about it the wrong way - it's more gold for you, but it's still zero gold actually being created - you are just moving some created gold from someone else to you. That's the kind of thing they want happening, but you need to be an enchanter to do it. With the scrapper everyone can do it.