World of Warcraft: Current Year

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every time I try to play my hunter I feel like I'm missing something. I've felt this way since the Legion changes. I really liked playing my hunter before Legion, but it's so bleh now.

BM just feels way too simple and empty to play. I could care less about Survival because if I want to play a melee character there are way better options. I really hate not having my pet because I feel like it's part of the class's identity so MM feels hollow to me also.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Blizzard doesn't give a shit about goldsinks anymore. You only need to look at the last two expansions' ridiculous gold sources via garrison/order hall missions to see that. I was creating over a million gold a month out of nothing just by clicking a few buttons. If anything, it helps them increase prices on the stupid expensive mounts (Spider/BFA Dino) which can encourage new/lazy players to drop bucks on tokens.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I think you're massively overstating how much gold comes into the economy from gear vendoring. Gear has always been able to be vendored for gold, the huge inflation rates we saw starting with WoD were due entirely to Garrisons and then Order Halls in Legion. That trend looks to be continuing with the mission table in BfA. And as TJT said you get raw materials used in crafting from the scrapper. If anything it should drive alchemy prices down as suddenly everyone is capable of collecting herbs, not just herbalists, and you can get said herbs from normal play.

Yeah, the scrapper *by itself* would lower prices, both by reducing gold and making more materials, it's just counterbalanced by the all-consuming void of the war supplies quests.

It's too early to say if the mission table is going to be as much of a money fountain as BFA, although given history it seems a reasonable assumption that it will be eventually. It certainly isn't at release though - they are ultra-stingy with resources and force you to use expensive disposable troops constantly. ( The heroes can never cover counters by themselves ). Running a 12 alt gold setup will require brutal world quest farming and still have shitty returns ( gold missions are 400 + 400 ).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Every time I try to play my hunter I feel like I'm missing something. I've felt this way since the Legion changes. I really liked playing my hunter before Legion, but it's so bleh now.

BM just feels way too simple and empty to play. I could care less about Survival because if I want to play a melee character there are way better options. I really hate not having my pet because I feel like it's part of the class's identity so MM feels hollow to me also.

There's nothing that stops you from using the pet with MM, you just get 10% bonus damage if you don't have one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard doesn't give a shit about goldsinks anymore. You only need to look at the last two expansions' ridiculous gold sources via garrison/order hall missions to see that. I was creating over a million gold a month out of nothing just by clicking a few buttons. If anything, it helps them increase prices on the stupid expensive mounts (Spider/BFA Dino) which can encourage new/lazy players to drop bucks on tokens.

I don’t know if the Facebook level faggot missions are the worst thing ever added to WoW but they are certainly in the top 10.

Dailies/WQs are probably the worst offender for pure failure of the MMO industry.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Blizz was able to restore my 13 year old account from my first ever character on Skullcrusher. Holy fuck the flashbacks. First MMO I ever played and my guildmates who were old EQ players first told me about FoH. Didn't play BC because they were all going to try Vanguard which launched a week before BC. Guild was Sacred Legacy I think. I still have the greater fire protection potions for Ragnaros and Vaelstraz lol

View attachment 173167
I just watched a youtube video of a guy whos old rogue also was restored from like 2007. Was cool to watch

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t know if the Facebook level faggot missions are the worst thing ever added to WoW but they are certainly in the top 10.

Dailies/WQs are probably the worst offender for pure failure of the MMO industry.
Dailies are a necessary evil. You need a carrot to keep people logging in. Content is consumed so quickly they needed alternatives. It's also psychological. You get rewards every day. It hits the endorphins.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dailies are a necessary evil. You need a carrot to keep people logging in. Content is consumed so quickly they needed alternatives. It's also psychological. You get rewards every day. It hits the endorphins.

Man, not for me. The first time I quit WoW was over them. They were first added in their modern incarnation during the Burning Crusade and I went from being happy to have a way to farm cash to despising the daily busywork and the expectation that I log in each day and do it. By the time I was max level in Legion the expansion was already over but I didn't mind the big time gating for flying and allied races. Those at least were goals and the implementation was decent with the mix of Legion invasions, Emmisary quests, and random element to which regular dailies spawned.

Once the rep grind was over though that was it. I've definitely spent embarrassing amounts of time engaging in trivial tasks in MMOs but I need to be the one making them up versus having them baked in.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is it time for another episode of Fyff the Blizzard Apologist?

Fuck dailies.

• 2Worf

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just watched a youtube video of a guy whos old rogue also was restored from like 2007. Was cool to watch
Still got my day 1 Warlock active, bitches!

I still have the Dreadsteed ritual parts sitting in my bank, too!

• 2Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Dalies are some of the worst things added to MMOs. It becomes like a job forcing you to log in everyday to do some retarded quest youve done 500 times already. Also their is a cap to them so you cant grind them out if you wanted to. Just all around a terrible thing

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard doesn't give a shit about goldsinks anymore.

goldsink.gif.a73f10e9240ca7675aec0cf023c0af7c.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is going to sound like some cognitive dissonance, but I hate dailies but love WQs. I cannot figure out why. They’re the same fucking thing. Invasions were nice. Something like that needs to come back mid xpac.

With the app, the missions became something I did while shitting. I’d still rather them just fucking die.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like