World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's weird to see people buying things for that amount of gold now that everything can be considered to have a RL dollar value due to tokens. Unless you have enough gold or enough of a game revenue source to cover all of your future sub/expansion buys with tokens, every single thing you spend gold on is gold you could have put towards sub/expack. Not really much of an issue for most expenditures, but a 1.5mil staff is 7-8 months of sub (~100 USD)

Whales gonna whale of course, but it's something everyone should be mindful of.

I had something like that in WOD I got a BOE shield to drop and apparently it was the best shield you could get before the raids launched so the big guilds were paying fucking stupid money for them to outfit tanks.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Having not played since Vanilla I can say so far it doesn't even feel like an MMO anymore, more like a multiplayer hub with matchmaking. There is zero reason to interact with people while leveling. And my god the cutscenes... I've skipped 95% of them.

So you like boring stuff. This argument reads like you'd be the same type of person who only does normal/heroic dungeons and LFR raids and say "wow has become too easy" - The cut scenes have been great and give some life to what has been going on compared to a box of text basically just saying "thanks" after you've killed 20 mobs.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm at work right now, and three of us here were just talking about how much we love all the in game cut scenes and hope they do more of that in the future. I did a quest last night where I had to go around and spy on people, I would get in position and there would be a cut scene of my char peeking around a wall listening in. It was pretty great. I couldn't be more on the other side of this fence.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The immersion makes it worthwhile for me. Once I'm done with that, and I'm just going through the motions with another bunch of 110s->120, I'll be bored as hell.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don't even watch the cutscenes but I can see they put a lot of effort into them and they flow quite well.

No complaints from me even as I mash the ESC button.

Well there is one part where they are real bad. There is a quest up in Vol'dun where you click these vases and you either get a dream or a dream monster. When you get a dream it flashes so bright white that it gave me a legit headache. They need to tone that done a bit.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I like the cutscenes. Course I am not a hardcore raider any more and just play for the story line and leveling up process, and dungeons. I'll do the LFR every once and a while to see the story and such but other than that, once that is all done, I do not do the grindy crap.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully by this weekend I'll B F`ing the A. Until then gotta build a garrison. Should I scrub up money to upgrade my looms to 110 or is Legion quick enough without it?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hopefully by this weekend I'll B F`ing the A. Until then gotta build a garrison. Should I scrub up money to upgrade my looms to 110 or is Legion quick enough without it?
The exp boost is pretty nice, they haven't really nerfed Legion levelling yet.. that said, if you don't have the money it's only going to take you a day to kill out legion

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Khane Khane have you not seen the leather working barding?

Can’t be dazed for 4 hours, double for LW.

Those cost like 12k each on my server. And when you are gathering the ilvl drop from equipping an heirloom is meaningless since you aren't going to be fighting anything anyway. It's a cheap, permanent solution to not getting dazed.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Those cost like 12k each on my server. And when you are gathering the ilvl drop from equipping an heirloom is meaningless since you aren't going to be fighting anything anyway. It's a cheap, permanent solution to not getting dazed.

12k each wtf? They're like 300 gold usually here and that will get you several sometimes. The new inscription contracts are not even worth 1k each.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been soloing them all NP as survival. Rarely even have to throw a heal on my gorilla dps pet.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong then. Voidwalker and Felguard both get their shit pushed in if it's something with a stacking dot or I have 3 normal mobs pulled.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Clearly I'm doing something wrong then. Voidwalker and Felguard both get their shit pushed in if it's something with a stacking dot or I have 3 normal mobs pulled.

Hunter superiority.

I'm also using a Lego ring still that gives pet (and me) 10% leech and like 15% more health (plus run speed).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hunter superiority.

I'm also using a Lego ring still that gives pet (and me) 10% leech and like 15% more health (plus run speed).
Are you <116?

I find everything was getting harder as I approached 120. And legendary effects don't work past 115

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you like boring stuff. This argument reads like you'd be the same type of person who only does normal/heroic dungeons and LFR raids and say "wow has become too easy" - The cut scenes have been great and give some life to what has been going on compared to a box of text basically just saying "thanks" after you've killed 20 mobs.

So you don't like MMO's? Ok, got it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How so? We already pretty much had this with Blood of Sargeras in Legion.

Because you can put whatever into the scrapper and not just crafted shit? Or did that change at some point when I wasn't playing?