World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
They fucked up the math so the grind feels illegitimate. The final unlock on a 325 chest piece is 21. That unlock makes the armor 330. By the time anyone would have gotten that far they had the next tier. The final unlock of that is 27. That's so much grinding as to be ridiculous. It makes more sense to just wait for Blizzard to give it to you than to make the grind any focus at all.

The +5 ilvl upgrade is clearly not intended for the same tier of content that it drops in. It's intended as basically a pity upgrade if you get bad luck with drops and don't get any azerite armor to drop from the next tier. Every class has 1/3 azerite pieces that only drop from a single uldir boss. That means if you're not a mythic guild you get literally one chance a week for an upgrade for that slot, so in two months there will still be people rocking 355 shoulders or whatever.

You're not supposed to be unlocking that trait on heroic armor until you're well into mythic, and not supposed to be unlocking it on mythic armor until the next raid is out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The +5 ilvl upgrade is clearly not intended for the same tier of content that it drops in. It's intended as basically a pity upgrade if you get bad luck with drops and don't get any azerite armor to drop from the next tier.

Perhaps in theory but in practice they set a goal you can't reach until they say you can. Damn near everything you do can include Azerite as a reward include a few tasks such as Expeditions where the primary reward is Azerite. Designing a grind you are not meant to complete in the tier you are in while maintaining the facade has led me to regard the entire system as vestigial. I'll have the AP level they want me to have when they want me to have it.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Perhaps in theory but in practice they set a goal you can't reach until they say you can. Damn near everything you do can include Azerite as a reward include a few tasks such as Expeditions where the primary reward is Azerite. Designing a grind you are not meant to complete in the tier you are in while maintaining the facade has led me to regard the entire system as vestigial. I'll have the AP level they want me to have when they want me to have it.

WoW has the problem where it has to provide people with stuff to do, but at the same time doesn't want to make ridiculous grinds mandatory. The system of diminishing returns on grinding isn't perfect but I sure can't think of a better one.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
WoW has the problem where it has to provide people with stuff to do, but at the same time doesn't want to make ridiculous grinds mandatory. The system of diminishing returns on grinding isn't perfect but I sure can't think of a better one.

I get that they want people to keep playing and one of the ways to do that is to provide a carrot through a system of continuous progress. I just think they fucked up the numbers on this one and the man behind the curtain has no clothes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone (Kurnidor maybe) showed me where Preach said the only way they'll get rid of AP grinding is if people just don't do it. I took it to heart and that's what I'm doing. AP I'm getting is passive right now. I'm 19.5 and it's very slow going, but I stopped caring. The system makes me mad.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm the same way. I got 19 this week all from passive gains. Grinding it is way too frustrating since it moves so fucking slow. The system wouldn't be as bad if the grind wasn't so bad. They really need to adjust AP needed per level to make it feel better.

Who wants to do this shit all over again on alts too. It seems like they don't want anyone to play alts anymore.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I got a sweet 370 chest who’s final unlock is level 30. At my current rate I’ll unlock that in about 2 months. Seems like a good system....

• 2Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm the same way. I got 19 this week all from passive gains. Grinding it is way too frustrating since it moves so fucking slow. The system wouldn't be as bad if the grind wasn't so bad. They really need to adjust AP needed per level to make it feel better.

Who wants to do this shit all over again on alts too. It seems like they don't want anyone to play alts anymore.

Count me in as well. Got 19 yesterday and I only grind it when I get close to the next level.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Am I the only one who laughs every time they hear one of the Tortollan guys go "I believe we should trade with people of all races...except the NAGAS! Horrbile people"
The first time I heard it I was like what the fuck did they just say lolll

• 2Worf

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I the only one who laughs every time they hear one of the Tortollan guys go "I believe we should trade with people of all races...except the NAGAS! Horrbile people"
The first time I heard it I was like what the fuck did they just say lolll
The cycle of life can be cruel. :(

xzi

Mouthbreather
All I care about are allied races and mogs anyways so this ama will be great

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Unrelated but I'm just not enjoying the game. I'm finishing my turtle grind as I'm only a few thousand away from exalted but I've already gone back to do old content to keep collecting everything else like I was doing in prepatch. I'm back to playing other games trying to find a new MMO but they all suck so I'm just gonna end up back on WoW in like a week lmao.

m+ is fun with the bros but that's bout it

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users