World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
What dungeons do people avoid like crazy on mythic+? Which are your go-to for farming easy shit like the weekly?

Depends on the week.

Fortified week? Motherlode, Siege, and Waycrest are going to be a real slog.

Tyrannical week? Shrine, Temple, and King's Rest are all going to be very painful.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ive still not done Kings Rest ever, I only just a couple days ago realized where the entrance was.

On another note -- while levelling up a monk alt I am actually getting all the cinematics and various cutscenes that were either missing or buggy on launch. The whole Freehold quest section actually makes sense now.

Argarth

On the verandah
Ion said:

..."That was by design, so that you wouldn't feel as MUCH of a loss when upgrading to a higher level item that isn't yet fully unlocked."...

I know I took this out of context, but WTF!

An upgrade can now create a sense of loss... BY DESIGN!

RPG design by bean-counters if you ask me. Didn't they specifically say they wanted to remove the confusion over iLVL, especially for casuals, this time around?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Temple is the worst dungeon period. On tyrannical week the first boss is going to be a dead end for a lot of groups because you need to know exactly how to handle the fight and it has more mechanics than any other M+ boss by a long shot. On fortified weeks the trash in there hits hard as fuck and the Orb room is a mega pain in the ass. Temple needs a re-tune.

This week? Tol Dagor. The last boss is bugged and will always put his explosive blast on ranged. This means your ranged will get 3 stacks of the dot AND get hit with the heavy damage from the AE explosion every, single, time.

Other than that? King's rest is one of the more difficult ones regardless of Fortified/Tyrannical. Tol Dagor is also just a PITA even without the last boss being bugged because of the tight hallways and how easy it is to overpull.

I don't find Shrine as difficult/annoying as the above three. My favorite dungeons to run are Freehold, Siege and Motherlode.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Shrine depends on the group. On fortified the trash is pretty hard.

We did a +8 last night with a pug dps that died every single.pull on the last boss to tentacle slam. Once that happens it's essentially a wipe. The second boss was kind of crazy but once we had an amazing interrupt rotation it wasn't too bas.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What dungeons do people avoid like crazy on mythic+? Which are your go-to for farming easy shit like the weekly?
Easy ones imo are Tol Dagor(with a rogue) Atal Dazar, Freehold, Underrot and King's Rest. Harder ones are Siege of Boralus, Shrine of the storm, Waycrest Manor and Motherlode (only due to the amount of trash)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tol Dagor has allies you can free from the cells that give you % buffs that can make it easier. I think there's keys you can get, but a rogue can lockpick them and I know as a blacksmith I can make cheap-o monelite keys that I can use to open the cell doors too.

Those buffs also last through death.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
First boss in King's rest is a touch overtuned imo on a tyrannical week. Other than that the rest of the dungeon is fine. 3rd boss in temple is pretty unforgiving so doing it in a pug is a bit painful. Even doing it with an organized group was a little close. Last boss in Tol Dogor is a bit brutal with 2 or more melee. All the other dungeons seemed fine.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Last boss in Tol Dagor is bugged atm so if you bring 3 ranged you will basically not be able to kill him on higher keys. All 3 ranged will get 3 stacks of the dot AND get every single knockback. It will never go on the tank/melee, it always chooses the ranged targets. It's essentially unhealable damage and they also can't move out of shit cuz they'll get stunned. Did a 10 last night and we had 4 mins on timer when we pulled last boss, we couldn't kill him until we had our monk/druid switch roles. He was easy when the dot/knockback was getting spread around the group instead of going on the same 3 people every time.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
orwq1.jpg

My follower from Legion on my DK apparently worked on this WQ rare in Vol'dun, so I got 400 order resources and 10 gold. I also gained a bonus from the Order Hall upgrade that gives you extra OR for having a follower while doing WQs.

Glacial Fang (100 OR)
War of Infinite Fury (10 gold + 100 OR)
Shard of Twisting Nether (100 OR)

+Hall follower upgrade

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
First boss in King's rest is a touch overtuned imo on a tyrannical week. Other than that the rest of the dungeon is fine. 3rd boss in temple is pretty unforgiving so doing it in a pug is a bit painful. Even doing it with an organized group was a little close. Last boss in Tol Dogor is a bit brutal with 2 or more melee. All the other dungeons seemed fine.
Kings rest I honestly didn't get all the complaints, but that was the only boss we wiped to

I pugged some m0 just now and every group was awful. Brought me back to reality real quick.

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Atal'Dazar > Siege of Boralos > Freehold > King's Rest > Underrot > Tol Dagor > Motherlode > Waycrest > Shrine of Storm > Temple of Sethraliss would probably be my rankings. Obviously affixes can change that considerably.

Rime

<Donor>
Shrine +10 last week (Fortified) was probably the least amount of fun I have ever had doing M+.

+12 Tyrannical AD was the best this week. Last boss is easy enough if people do not eat spiders. Only 'tough' boss is the totem/slime one, due to it boning ranged casters.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like temple more. Atal has a ton of shit you are forced to move from and as a holy paladin that's obviously annoying as fuck

However, atal is real super ezpz