World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
For a company that prided itself in polishing concepts and mechanics invented elsewhere, Blizzard seems to have contracted a real persistent case of "not invented here" syndrome.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
WoW PvP is aids dipped in pure cancer. The game as whole would be 1000000% better if they ignore PvP.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What funny about that is people were pissed when he was fired. They're really good throwing everything at the board hoping it will stick

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
WoW PvP is aids dipped in pure cancer. The game as whole would be 1000000% better if they ignore PvP.

Please link your pvp achievements here if you're going to make this statement. We need to get a sense for what type of understanding you have of this game.

I'm expecting you to link 3k+ in 2s and 3s for you to understand enough about pvp and classes to make a statement like that.

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Please link your pvp achievements here if you're going to make this statement. We need to get a sense for what type of understanding you have of this game.

I'm expecting you to link 3k+ in 2s and 3s for you to understand enough about pvp and classes to make a statement like that.

Strong argument there, t's like answering to "The emoji movie is shit" by "you can't say that if haven't made any movies yourself".

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fighting around two pillars praying your incaps are better cast and your healer doesn't run out of mana before the other team is really inspiring gameplay. #pvp

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

So if want to profess my dislike for something I have to have spent counltess hours doing it and be one of th best at it in order to do so? Makes sense.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Especially considering the argument is the game would be better if they ignored pvp - so if you read between the lines booze is saying "I don't play pvp, if they stopped wasting Dev time on pvp the pve side which I play would be better"

Kind of a head scratcher of a post by flaw

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Especially considering the argument is the game would be better if they ignored pvp - so if you read between the lines booze is saying "I don't play pvp, if they stopped wasting Dev time on pvp the pve side which I play would be better"

Kind of a head scratcher of a post by flaw
Not that I disagree with the sentiment of the quoted line. But it's kind of a double edged sword. They'd lose a lot of players who actually do enjoy it, thus less money into the franchise for developers. Can't say it would affect pve development, but it would certainly stop the fuckery that is trying to balance all the specs around pvp while also having them viable for pve.

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
What do you guys shitting on wow pvp want in an mmo combat system? If not trading CCs, interrupts, positioning, defensive vs offensive CDs, sustained pressure to outpace enemy resources.... then what?

Last edited:

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Sorry, please let me rephrase my previous post.

I agree that trying to balance pve and pvp really seems to hurt wow more than it helps it. However, there is still some sort of magic to both being options in the game. When I play a straight login, pvp, logout type of game I don't have a sense of investment in the character or even learning how to play the class correctly.

For someone who has never stepped foot in wow PVP, but claims wow PVP is bad: I'd like to suggest that if you spend some time learning it you will begin to see the entire wow PVP system differently. You will see and feel rewarded for your skill at times, you will begin to see class balance better. It's not a perfect PVP system but there are hidden gems to be enjoyed from it.

It might not be a perfect argument. If someone were to say hey I loved that emoji movie and I responded with wow I haven't seen it but that movie sucks worse than AIDS and CANCER, two things that fucking snuff the life out of human beings daily - for real.....can you see how the post was a little extreme and may warrant someone offering a different point of view?

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It might not be a perfect argument. If someone were to say hey I loved that emoji movie and I responded with wow I haven't seen it but that movie sucks worse than AIDS and CANCER, two things that fucking snuff the life out of human beings daily - for real.....can you see how the post was a little extreme and may warrant someone offering a different point of view?

If you're taking Booze's post literally, you're doing it wrong.

That said: WoW PvP sucks, I have no 2v2 or 3v3 score to post, and I don't care. I have spent plenty of time in BGs and plenty of time in world PvP over the years. I have no interest in branching off into Arena. Every aspect of WoW PvP that I've ever seen has sucked. You're saying, essentially, "no, no, guys, try that shit sandwich again, I promise that this 4th attempt at the shit sandwich is actually magnificent", and I don't buy it for a second.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Look I don't enjoy pve, but you'll never catch me saying just remove it from the game and only focus on what I enjoy - pvp. I would be a pretty shitty human being to be so selfish, especially if I offer up that advice publicly.

Also, if I ever did say the above, I would have spent time trying to truly learn it and be able to "speak the language" before just saying remove that shit from the game ! Making sure to also compare it to aids and cancer on my way out the door.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
If you're taking Booze's post literally, you're doing it wrong.

That said: WoW PvP sucks, I have no 2v2 or 3v3 score to post, and I don't care. I have spent plenty of time in BGs and plenty of time in world PvP over the years. I have no interest in branching off into Arena. Every aspect of WoW PvP that I've ever seen has sucked. You're saying, essentially, "no, no, guys, try that shit sandwich again, I promise that this 4th attempt at the shit sandwich is actually magnificent", and I don't buy it for a second.

Wanted to point out, you admit having no experience with arena, but have played some BGs and world pvp......you have absolutely zero understanding of what I'm trying to explain then...you are exactly the type of person I am referring to as well. Maybe even more so than boozecube because you feel that after some BGs and world pvp you are qualified to even speak on the topic of pvp. Success in arena is completely unrelated to BGs and world pvp in every possible way.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
it would certainly stop the fuckery that is trying to balance all the specs around pvp while also having them viable for pve.

This is the problem, F Flaw . If you can't get past the fact that this has always been a problem, there is no way we'll ever be on the same page, and that's fine -- we don't have to be. I have no love for PvP and never will. You don't care for PvE. It's allowed.

I didn't say I have no experience with Arena play; I said I have no scores worth posting. I don't. I will never bother ranking high enough for anyone to care. "You feel you are qualified to even speak"... holy shit, who the fuck do you think you are? In the grand scheme of things, you're just as much of a nobody as I am, so get off your pedestal and enjoy whatever the hell you want. Just don't attempt to tell me that PvP balance attempts aren't a thorn in the side of everyone who enjoys PvE, because you'd be wrong.

• 1Like