World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hard pass unless you like.punching yourself in the balls
Or grinding 15 different currency bars almost all on timed gates.

- 6 reputations at 10k per chest for a chance of toy/pet
- Azerite power to increase your neck ilvl/unlock set abilities
- Seafarer dubloons to purchase mounts/pets/toys
- Titan Residuum to purchase armor
- War Supplies to fuel your mission table/purchase extra loot rolls
- Service medals for TP ring/mounts/toy/pet/xmogs
- Mark of Honors to unlock ranks for your profession
- Pet charms to purchase 30 different pets
- Honor & Conquest for your leet pvp titles & gear

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's like Blizzard wants to be your new mom, but before you get to have fun you have to do your chores.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wrecked the game for myself pretty hard last tier when I completed heroic Uldir a few times as a scab healer. The only parts of the game that you (mostly) cannot access through the activity lobby are mythic raids and the competitive side of PvP. I don't want to slam my dick in the door that is mythic raiding and I'm not interested in PvP. Everything else you just check the lobby, sign up for what you are looking to do, and then go do it. WoW could be a mobile game for the amount of real interaction required among players. The illusion is broken.

Having done the raiding thing in a few different games over the years I find the current situation in WoW to be absurd. I show up to someone else's raid where I eat their food and drink their flasks and then at the end I get a roll on their loot. Truly it is a golden age for the silent healer.

• 1Picard

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's like Blizzard wants to be your new mom, but before you get to have fun you have to do your chores.
True

And also there's no fun at the end because they wrecked every class when they took away their weapons

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The main class I play (Arcane Mage) still feels clunky in 8.1 owing to how lackluster the Azerite powers are as compared to the Legion artifact. Its basically just Arcane Blast or Arcane Explosion spam with the occasional Arcane Missiles thrown in and makes for an incredibly boring combat sequence.

I actually nodded off doing a dungeon as all I needed to do was move and click '1" over and over.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hasn't arcane mage been clunky nearly forever? I remember playing one in TBC (after you hit the magical numbers where it became better than frost or fire), and it felt like turds to play back then.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't even understand this game anymore. (haven't played seriously since WOTLK. Played a teeny bit of WoD)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The main class I play (Arcane Mage) still feels clunky in 8.1 owing to how lackluster the Azerite powers are as compared to the Legion artifact. Its basically just Arcane Blast or Arcane Explosion spam with the occasional Arcane Missiles thrown in and makes for an incredibly boring combat sequence.

I actually nodded off doing a dungeon as all I needed to do was move and click '1" over and over.
Arcane Mage can be as easy or as complicated as you want, it's top dps if you go the complicated route, and still solid but boring as fuck with the easy route. It is just a bunch of buff stacking, but timing on encounters becomes everything. Rotation itself isn't very enlightening, just a bunch of rolling buffs with burst phases. There is what seems like a lot of down time and ramp-up is a bit long with zero burst without cooldowns. Frost and Fire play 100x better, with a bit more utility. Last time I did Arcane was vanilla just to have Arcane Power and the original "infinite range" Arcane Missiles for sniping in pvp....sucked when they "fixed" that.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
ytw5pl5wia821.jpg

Oh god, I haven't LOLed IRL in soooo long. I was not prepared.

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It brings up a good point. Where do all these vendors make the gold they inevitably give us for our shitty greens, whites, and grays that we vendor to them? We never buy anything.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It brings up a good point. Where do all these vendors make the gold they inevitably give us for our shitty greens, whites, and grays that we vendor to them? We never buy anything.
Black arms market, they sell to the enemy. Then you kill them and sell back the merchandise.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The clear answer is child slavery. How often do you see children in all of Azeroth? There's like 30 of them. The reason blizzard won't answer questions about going to the other hemisphere is because they're shipping the young to mine for the gold chunks which then are turned into gold that the vendors give to us for trash. We're all implicit in this and the true evil endboss of the game is the capitalist slavemasters that we call "repair vendors".

Wake up, sheeple.

• 1Jonesing

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Or grinding 15 different currency bars almost all on timed gates.

- 6 reputations at 10k per chest for a chance of toy/pet
- Azerite power to increase your neck ilvl/unlock set abilities
- Seafarer dubloons to purchase mounts/pets/toys
- Titan Residuum to purchase armor
- War Supplies to fuel your mission table/purchase extra loot rolls
- Service medals for TP ring/mounts/toy/pet/xmogs
- Mark of Honors to unlock ranks for your profession
- Pet charms to purchase 30 different pets
- Honor & Conquest for your leet pvp titles & gear

2018 a bad year for meth in Irvine, CA?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I havent played WoW in months and I logged on battlenet to see if D3 had any new updates for S16. Looked at my friends list and only 2 were playing WoW. Most of them have either quit WoW, sporadically logging on or playing another game like FFXIV as I'm doing. I have to admit I'm really such fun with FFXIV. I may revisit WoW in the next expansion and classic doesn't interest me at all. I just hate that I invested so many years into WoW and letting it go so easily.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just hate that I invested so many years into WoW and letting it go so easily.

People not wanting to lose their investment is a huge reason mmo's keep going like the energizer bunny. WoW has millions of people invested in their toons. It takes a serious fuck up to lose those players. BFA is definitely that fuck up.

Will be interesting to see what they do to get those players back, or if they even can. They better hurry. Once players leave an old mmo and start really checking out the new games, going back get's less and less attractive.

WoW still has at least a couple million active accounts though, probably more. That's a ton of income. They may just focus on keeping them and stop the bleeding.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't say BFA is "that" fuck up. They would have to also fuck up the next expansion. I don't even know if that is enough. There is no other MMO available at this time that can compete with WoW, and I don't see one coming out any time soon.

Classic WoW is also going to bring in a ton of players. The 8.2 patch should be reasonably close to the launch of Classic WoW. If they make that 8.2 patch decent, a good number of players will decide to play both Classic & live. They will instantly recover from any "damage" they incurred from the last few months of BFA.

People have very short memories. They recovered from WoD, they can easily recover from BFA. They still need a large string of fuck ups to keep spiralling, and while they are capable of doing it, I doubt they will.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, they can definitely fix things. People are still invested in their toons, even if they aren't playing WoW atm. It's really a matter of time. The longer they take to fix things, the less people will care about coming back.

And they still have tons of players subbed that don't seem to be bothered by BFA.