World of Warcraft: Current Year

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
12 weeks of Mythic 10 to target one piece of 415 Azerite....

Even worse than they originally stated.

This is currently my biggest point of contention with the game. If these fucks would just let me grind the way I wanted to, when I wanted to, I would be fine with it. Putting all of the progression behind homework timers is the absolute worst.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RNG to get the dungeon you want, RNG to get the item drop you want, RNG to get the forge you want, or waste months grinding everything except what you want.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
It won't work out to 10 weeks due to scrapping for residuum, but it is still longer than it should be. They should have priced it closer to 6k.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Currently there is no reason to save for a specific piece. You are much better off just rolling the dice on a random 415

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
unpopular opinion but they handled targeting azerite perfectly in my eyes. It's a system everyone wanted, and you get the EXACT item you want. If you want equally as good, if not better pieces then go progress mythic the next raid tier so you don't have to wait 10 weeks for your new chest. I'd be cool with them cutting the amount needed but if they don't I'm fine with that too as I'm casual as fuck now.

I'm fine with having an ultimate goal to work towards, the fact they even gave us this much is surprising to me.

Though there lies problems in topend guilds trading all their azerite, regardless if it's an upgrade or not for somebody else, to a specific person like a healer or a tank that way they can achieve getting the big boi azerite piece in much shorter timeframe than intended. But that affects like 80 people in the world so who gives a fuck

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Oh Jesus Christ... really? "Well it's better than nothing and there are starving children in Africa so we should be thankful for what we get!"

Really?

The way you get Azerite sucks. It's a shit system with no redeeming qualities. I went the entire first raid tier without ever getting a 385 Azerite chest. Not even one. In fact, the only boss that even dropped a cloth chest at all in Uldir was Mythrax. One boss. The entire system can fuck off, and giving us something that we can target after 10+ weeks is a slap in the face.

Look at who gave you a thumbs up on that post.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yes, really. They said they absolutely would never reintroduce justice vendors into the game. In the game where EVERYTHING has become RNG and nothing has been a reachable goal of your own since MOP (not included artifact weapon appearances, those were dank), this is their first break against that rule.

Could it have tuning? sure. But I like it more than the negative chance of ever receiving my BIS in 8.0.

If it were up to me they would completely remove epics from everything except crafting, heroic+ raiding and very high end pvp, but it's what we got.

Khane

The only way to fix the system is to remove it altogether and make the neck like the artifact weapons were in Legion and unlock abilities that way. Or to make this residuum system award gear in a timely fashion. 10+ weeks for top end players to get ONE piece of targettable gear they might need is idiotic. 10 weeks.... how is that an acceptable time frame at all? RNG needs to die but in the meantime I'm not going to thank them for shitting in my mouth just because they slathered some hot sauce on their ass first.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hey that's a cool thought but that will never happen until a new expansion where they replace it with something worse

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wish for nzoth to win and destroy azeroth completely and they just make a WoW2, specifically a game that can have more than 30 people in the same zone without the server crashing like a real MMO and it isn't built on a 17 year old engine

• 2Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Darkshore rewards will go up by 15 item levels, so that the outdoor world boss and the once-per-cycle quest both award item-level 400 gear.
The power of all enemies in the Darkshore Warfront will also go up by roughly 15%, and the item level required to queue for Darkshore will go up from 320 to 335.

The item level of rewards from max-level Normal, Heroic, and Mythic dungeons will go up by 30. Baseline rewards will be 340 from Normal, 355 from Heroic, and 370 from non-Keystone Mythic.
Difficulty of Heroic and Mythic dungeons will also go up by roughly 30%; Normal dungeons are unchanged.

You know that bullshit like this is a big reason BfA is such a flop. What ever happened to upgrading your gear and getting more powerful in relation to current mobs?

I swear if Ion had his way 100% the entire game would scale to your ilevel and you would never actually get more powerful. Remember when they tried to sneak that shit in during the Broken Shore patch?

I think the only way to actually be powerful in BfA content is to lock your character at 110 instead of "leveling down" to 120. Fuck mob scaling it's fucking retarded.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You know that bullshit like this is a big reason BfA is such a flop. What ever happened to upgrading your gear and getting more powerful in relation to current mobs?

I swear if Ion had his way 100% the entire game would scale to your ilevel and you would never actually get more powerful. Remember when they tried to sneak that shit in during the Broken Shore patch?

I think the only way to actually be powerful in BfA content is to lock your character at 110 instead of "leveling down" to 120. Fuck mob scaling it's fucking retarded.
I think scaling is good to an extent but I agree they're going overboard. It reminds me of oblivions system where mobs levelled with you and it fucking sucked.

• 1Solidarity

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I think scaling is good to an extent but I agree they're going overboard. It reminds me of oblivions system where mobs levelled with you and it fucking sucked.

I just leveled my DI dorf to 110 and actually liked the scaling a lot. It works well for leveling but has absolutely no place in max level content imo.

I didn't play Oblivion but FF8 was the same, it's actually a lot easier to beat that game if you stay low level.

• 1Solidarity

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Post em
yellowmog.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wish for nzoth to win and destroy azeroth completely and they just make a WoW2, specifically a game that can have more than 30 people in the same zone without the server crashing like a real MMO and it isn't built on a 17 year old engine

You think you wish for it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only way to fix the system is to remove it altogether and make the neck like the artifact weapons were in Legion and unlock abilities that way. Or to make this residuum system award gear in a timely fashion. 10+ weeks for top end players to get ONE piece of targettable gear they might need is idiotic. 10 weeks.... how is that an acceptable time frame at all? RNG needs to die but in the meantime I'm not going to thank them for shitting in my mouth just because they slathered some hot sauce on their ass first.

Given some of what they said I would be surprised if this is not exactly what they do for the necklace. Probably not done spec by spec like legion but class by class or role by role and then just either auto unlock the azerite armor or have the unlock requirements super low so mainly it is just gating the freshest of alts. Also I think the residuum probably starts working like the legendary stuff did in legion where you will get it from doing your once per day dungeon/once per week raid stuff and probably show up more on missions although the weekly treasure map is giving it now and the numbers probably ramp up with the patch. Also don't forget you are also getting residium for the random azerite shit you are scrapping from emmisaries as well its not going to take 10 weeks even as is. Also with what they are doing with the 5th ring I am not 100% sure how useful targeting a specific piece will be given you have two shots at the main DPS booster you want for each piece.