World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Should save your paragon boxes for the reset, since artifact knowledge will hit again. I'll have 13 or 14 boxes saved up. You can save 2 + 9999, so basically 3 of each faction.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That really only matters if you can't hit the next neck level before each reset. Is it going into effect again on the 22nd or the following week when Mythic and LFR release?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
It matters every reset. It's going in effect on the 22nd. So you should save them every week for 30% more AP. It adds up. I'm only going to open the ones that I have to, carry over the rest.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Keep doing your chores Uncle Blizz will give you that carrot as soon as you're done.

huge.103.519037.JPG

• 9Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
man, I would suck some mad dongs at blizzard if I could have an option to only use one shoulderpad for transmog

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Leveling reminder:

The 3 day Call of the Scarab micro holiday started today. As of last year, it was a huge chunk of EXP when you get in a raid farming Twilight Cultist camps and killing the spawned bosses. When I did it (last year), I think the final spawned boss gave over a level of XP to a 60+ toon. I can't test it now, as I'm not subbed, nor do I have a toon I would care to level.

Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday Guide (Jan 21 - 23)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
From an interview on Mythic Plus

General Mythic Plus
  • When originally designing Mythic dungeons for Bfa, the team added additional mechanics to trash on Mythic difficulty, but toned it down a bit further into the design process.
  • The team strives to to make sure they're not doing anything that's going to play really poorly with Mythic Plus.
  • The team learned from Legion that any mechanic involving damage ramping up over time has to have a soft cap for Mythic Plus or the fight becomes nearly impossible on Tyrannical.
  • The team likes having rotating affixes each week to try and push people into different areas and different parts of content in a way that keeps it hopefully feeling a lot more fresh and interesting.
  • The team likes variance, but if an affix or dungeon has too many outlying difficulty problems then they want to address those and bring them in line with the difficulty of other dungeons/affixes.
  • It's actually a fixed list of hand-picked or hand-crafted affix combinations that come up every week.
  • Fortified and Tyrannical are not being looked at for changes. Part of the problem these two affixes had was the seasonal affix Infested, which is going away. These issues will likely take care of themselves with its retirement.
  • Reaping creatures don't gain Fortified themselves, but the way everything works is that the creature will spawn with half the health of the creature that dies, so in that regard it gets a small percentage of Fortified.
  • Reaping enemies are only indirectly affected by affixes that alter the enemy trash's health amount. They do not gain damage bonuses or other effects.
  • There are no immediate plans to allow people to delete their keys or swap for a new one, but the issue has been discussed among the team.
  • Instead of giving players the option to delete keys, the team would rather bring the unpopular dungeons in line with the difficulty of the more popular ones.
  • If your group doesn't have a key that you want to run, the ability to look for other keys in dungeon finder is an option.

I figured the bolded part was the case... but lol at them coming out and saying it. In three weeks it's Fortified/Teeming/Explosive. Which piece of shit employee you think came up with that one?

Also lol at the comment right below it.

And the very last comment... it's like the lead dungeon designer doesn't know how forming a group with friends/like minded people works. Just leave that group and use the dungeon finder to run with random players for a key you want!

velk

Trakanon Raider
And the very last comment... it's like the lead dungeon designer doesn't know how forming a group with friends/like minded people works. Just leave that group and use the dungeon finder to run with random players for a key you want!

"We realize some players don't like the taste of the shit sandwiches we give them, but our scientists* are hard at work on a way to make shit taste like chocolate. In the meantime you can always ask someone else to share their sandwich with you"

*Not real scientists

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Been resisting the urge, hard to break a 15 year gaming hobby/habit though. Is the leveling experience and messing around with casual shit for a month worth the price? ie your first playthrough is at least somewhat fun like previous expansions? I don't give 2 shits about endgame or pvp anymore, which seems to be the parts people are unhappy with. Gotta find a way to scratch this MMO itch, feels like 2003 again.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
And the very last comment... it's like the lead dungeon designer doesn't know how forming a group with friends/like minded people works.
Wasn't it obvious that at least half of these "designers" don't even play the game anymore?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Been resisting the urge, hard to break a 15 year gaming hobby/habit though. Is the leveling experience and messing around with casual shit for a month worth the price? ie your first playthrough is at least somewhat fun like previous expansions? I don't give 2 shits about endgame or pvp anymore, which seems to be the parts people are unhappy with. Gotta find a way to scratch this MMO itch, feels like 2003 again.

FF14 is proving to be a far more casual friendly/oriented game for me than WoW has since MoP. Endless shit to do and you don't have Blizzard's faggotry spewing a miasma all over everything.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
FF14 definitely has downsides though, I really miss that fucking snappy GCD with the little click WoW has. Blizzard has like god tier UX people. Just too bad about the design people.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's still relatively good. But it's around 20 hours of storyline if you play both sides (which are very different this time), and then you hit the grind of World quests, Invasions, Island expeditions, dungeon running, etc. Add 10-15 hours to do a couple islands, all of the dungeons and then you hit the need to grind ilvls to even see the LFR wings or the reputation to finish the war campaign storyline...

Up to you if you think that the price of the expansion+1 month sub is good for 30 hours of play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
FF14 is proving to be a far more casual friendly/oriented game for me than WoW has since MoP. Endless shit to do and you don't have Blizzard's faggotry spewing a miasma all over everything.
Actually gave the free trial a try awhile ago, was pleasantly surprised, but holding out till the next sale since I'm a cheap fuck. Might just say screw it, and grab it all anyway.

Edit: Thanks for intervention yall, fuck almost started installing.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
That's what I like about it. I dont feel pressured into rushing to do anything like it was in WoW. Today I'm going to give a shot at Deltascape v1.0 since I finally opened it up. Can't wait for that.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The reason why ff14 is so appealing is really because BFA is everything you don't want to play right now, from top to bottom. Like Ukerric Ukerric said, the story is great, the leveling experience is rich, but once you finish and catch up with all that you encounter what I call the bad news. Every design decision and every alteration to the game from Legion to BFA is just bad news.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
FF14 definitely has downsides though, I really miss that fucking snappy GCD with the little click WoW has. Blizzard has like god tier UX people. Just too bad about the design people.

FF14 is meh. It's not bad but it's only appealing because it has so much shit to burn through. If it were interesting enough for you to play over WoW, you would have. They both have retarded gating, in their own way.

The real truth is that no current MMO is worth playing, and it's a fucking bummer because no genre offers as much joy when it's in peak form.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users