World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Did the first 6 bosses in Heroic tonight. Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel my sub. These fights are not very fun, but maybe it's just because I'm not having any fun playing the game at all right now.

EDIT: Yea fuck this game and this company. Finally cancelled all 5 of my subs. Long overdue.

• 7Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly Khane is probably the best for you. I don't know how much time you spend playing but after you take a few weeks of not doing any chores and shit it's really refreshing. I was addicted to WoW and I have come and gone a couple of times over the years the first was from MoP-WoD and the 2nd time was shortly into BFA. It's kind of amazing the amount of hoops you are willing to run through just because you have conditioned yourself to do so.

One thing I have noticed about your posts at times is how you have to do X amount of unenjoyable content in order to do Y amount of enjoyable content. Really when you think about it a video game / hobby / time killer / experience shouldn't be a place I go to have to do any amount of unenjoyable content.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
MMO's dangle carrots across a bed of nails. It's been that way since the beginning.

These days the developers have perfected the formula; now they dangle carrots in front of your hamster wheel that lies atop burning coals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
These days the developers have perfected the formula; now they dangle carrots in front of your hamster wheel that lies atop burning coals.

And the subscriptions will and have already begun to show that.

Investors Launch Activision Blizzard Investigation Over Possible Fraud Following Bungie Split

Legion-era subscriber fraud was identified previously under similar circumstances-- its thought that BFA subscriber numbers will be "officially" leaked again as a result of one of several investigations into Blizzard.

Rome is burning.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tiran Allied Races Won't Unlock Until Patch 8.1.5
If you missed the blue posts, PTR builds, and BlizzCon announcement, Blizzard once again reminded players that the two new Allied Races weren't being released today.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
I’m curious if I can unlock it today or if I have to wait for the new raid to go to raid finder, anyone know for sure?
At BlizzCon we talked about these Allied Races coming in Patch 8.1.5. It might feel like a new patch day with the season update and raid opening up today, but this is still the continuation of the Tides of Vengeance story. We will have more information on the Zandalari and Kul Tiran soon!

The wait sucks, but I’m at a point of apathy about it now. I wish more clear info would come out about to what extent raiding is related to unlocking the two races. Can the quest be done in LFR if a quest is needed?

There will be no raiding required. Some people may have seen the requirements on the PTR and we do plan to talk about them more to help spread the word.

As it currently stands, if you do the Zandalar quest arc (through the Blood Gate quest and Zul’s death), the War Campaign through the Tides of Vengeance achievement, and get Exalted with the Zandalari Empire, you will be able to do the questline to get access to the Zandalari Allied Race as soon as 8.1.5 goes live.

If I still played this would piss me off but how long until people can actually play the allied race on the front of the fucking BFA box. What purpose does dragging this shit our do other than piss off the player base? I can't see why they are so dickish about the allied race shit. Remove the requirements from them and stop being faggots about the whole goddamn thing.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LmMrGsa.png

Shame someone hasn't started a class action law suit up their faggot fucking assholes for false advertising.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
New raid comes out and no one here even talks about it

From what I saw it looked very uninspired

The best 1man paladin guild on US-Thrall entered the raid solo just to fuckin flex and log out so I basically beat it

also I got a titanforge BLUE item from a worldquest I did by accident while doing the horde campaign and it was a 370 upgrade over what I was wearing from a mythic 10 so what's the point of ever stepping foot in a raid ever again really

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I still played this would piss me off but how long until people can actually play the allied race on the front of the fucking BFA box. What purpose does dragging this shit our do other than piss off the player base? I can't see why they are so dickish about the allied race shit. Remove the requirements from them and stop being faggots about the whole goddamn thing.

Agreed. Not only that, but the class locking of some of these races is frustrating. Masking it behind lore is supremely annoying. Demon Hunter Nightborne because Blood Elves are lame? Too bad. Zandalari DK? Too bad. I can't even muster up 2 shits to care about Highmountain Tauren. Different antlers. Yay. The fuck, man?!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Allied races are the perfect example of how Blizzard has a tendency to take a requested feature and turn it into a bloated pile of shit. People just wanted the ability to have skin colours like the Mag'har for orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves for Dwarves, and a few other variants. What we get is "content" gated behind gates within gates and full of arbitrary restrictions and variants that nobody gives a shit about. The whole fucking system reeks of a way to just sell character appearance changes and to provide min-carrots on sticks the size of Redwoods to keep people subbed. It's an ounce of content locked behind a ton of effort.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I used to log in from work every weekday and do cooldowns on 12 chars, and WQ on my main, and repost roughly 1k auctions every other day.

Now I log in monday, do cooldowns on 12, repost auctions, don't come back for a week. Can't be arsed to do anything else. Unsub incoming. I just don't care any more.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
definitely feels weird, it's the first raid release in the entire games history that I've missed on purpose. I just don't really care either lol

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the new raid on normal today. Was fun. Some cool new mechanics. Lots of coordination required on a couple bosses. Will be doing heroic on Thursday but doubt my guild gets last 1 or 2 bosses because of dps.

• 1Repost
  • 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The best 1man paladin guild on US-Thrall entered the raid solo just to fuckin flex and log out so I basically beat it

also I got a titanforge BLUE item from a worldquest I did by accident while doing the horde campaign and it was a 370 upgrade over what I was wearing from a mythic 10 so what's the point of ever stepping foot in a raid ever again really

Haha I had a random blue upgrade last night as well 375 gloves puttering around doing stuff. Alliance was actually semi competent in pvp yesterday as well. I think some of the better players must have popped back on to start the new season.

One thing to note although the ceiling has raised on the WQ ilevel it did the same and more in raids so if you are raiding you are going to be getting better stuff than that baseline and the mythic dungeon ilevel stuff bumped as well. Its wow being wow every major raid everything gets an ilevel boost.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
definitely feels weird, it's the first raid release in the entire games history that I've missed on purpose. I just don't really care either lol
I was basically.this huge cheerleader for blizzard and super pumped for raids and this is the first.one I didn't care about since as long as I can remember

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm really in the mood to play an MMO right now, and I just don't want to play this game anymore despite getting that craving. It's too bad the genre is in the state it's in right now. There is a big pile of money to be made right now since Blizzard has dropped the ball with BFA, but the genre is so dead that it just isn't going to happen.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really in the mood to play an MMO right now, and I just don't want to play this game anymore despite getting that craving. It's too bad the genre is in the state it's in right now. There is a big pile of money to be made right now since Blizzard has dropped the ball with BFA, but the genre is so dead that it just isn't going to happen.

If you are burned out on wow take a break. GW2 is a really good option as is the FF mmo. GW2 is my go to burn out MMO as the nice thing there once you get to max level not a lot of gear you are chasing after just side grades for different builds or things you want to try. Its pretty as hell and with two expansions lots of content and no sub fee so once you own it easy to just play it when you want and then put it back down later.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's the reason I stopped playing gw2 after doing the first dungeon as a "tank"

that and prx dominated RvRvR so hard that we were uncontested completely for 3 weeks which got a bit boring