World of Warcraft: Current Year

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i find it interesting that MS now allows dx12 on windows 7 for WoW.

main thing i do not like about the direction of wow is, raids are supposed to have the best gear etc. -at least in my opinion- the raids advance the story, etc, yet most of the "best" gear can be optained via Mythic Dungeons. PERSONALLY i do not like this, i'd rather have the best gear from raids. but i am an old school player.

also the artists have gotten lazy, there haven't been any Really good looking armor sets the past expansion or two.

• 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Are people here still implying that random dungeons and LFR are relevant content?

It not being relevant to you doesn't make it irrelevant to those that run them. The difficulty of the content is completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
main thing i do not like about the direction of wow is, raids are supposed to have the best gear etc. -at least in my opinion- the raids advance the story, etc, yet most of the "best" gear can be optained via Mythic Dungeons. PERSONALLY i do not like this, i'd rather have the best gear from raids. but i am an old school player.

This is completely incorrect. Mythic raid gear is 415 base. Mythic 10+ gear is 400 base. And that opinion needs to die anyway. Mythic +20s are harder than pretty much anything in BoD minus maybe Jaina. The first few bosses in Mythic raid tiers are usually so easy that PUGs do them on a weekly basis.

This whole "Us Vs Them" mentality when it comes to how loot is distributed is stupid. If the content is difficult it should have appropriate rewards. If two things are equally difficult they should have equal gear. Pretending raiding is harder is nonsense and people crying that someone else getting gear as good as theirs is childish, especially when what they are crying about usually isn't less difficult, objectively. I don't care that raiding awards the best gear, doesn't affect me at all. But if I prefer M+ I should be able to advance my character through that avenue in the same way a raider can advance their character through a raid tier or a PvPer can advance their character through PvP.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Plate is the only way to transmog. Sometimes mail and cloth have a good set, but leather is pretty weak in variety. The warfront armor sets for Horde have been pretty stellar, though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
MMORPG's should have one difficulty and one version of the item that drops. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Seven hundred thirty two versions of the same item is bullshit.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Im fine with a "Story Mode" version and then the real version. But yes, 4 different raid difficulties is idiotic.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It not being relevant to you doesn't make it irrelevant to those that run them. The difficulty of the content is completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
Heroic dungeons offer gear lower then world quest rewards and LFR offers gear on par with world quest rewards and lower then emissary rewards. The content just isn't relevant to anyone after a week at max level. It's a way people use to gear quickly so they can do harder content.

Are you a LFR hero? Is that the highest content you have done in BFA? You have never done a 2 or higher keystone?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Heroic dungeons offer gear lower then world quest rewards and LFR offers gear on par with world quest rewards and lower then emissary rewards. The content just isn't relevant to anyone after a week at max level. It's a way people use to gear quickly so they can do harder content.

Are you a LFR hero? Is that the highest content you have done in BFA? You have never done a 2 or higher keystone?

None of this has anything to do with the relevance of queue-porting to the shit being a matter of discussion in the portal debate. If it was irrelevant content, then it wouldn't be being run.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
everything is irrelevant except for mad small gnomes
you know the ones
pat em on the head

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

They upped the ilvel in 8.1 heavily as well dungeons are a pretty solid way for fresh alts to gear up especially if war zones are not active.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They upped the ilvel in 8.1 heavily as well dungeons are a pretty solid way for fresh alts to gear up especially if war zones are not active.

I'm going by Calbiyum's original post referring to current expansion as current content, not the current patch only.

xzi

Mouthbreather
man nobody told me of the sleeper cell that is resto druid for leveling

always full hps cause hots and yseras gift, you can go feral affinity for kitty dps, and there is a pvp talent that makes your kitty do 25% more damage

im just fucking decimating these quests so fast

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

always full hps cause hots and yseras gift, you can go feral affinity for kitty dps, and there is a pvp talent that makes your kitty do 25% more damage

Healers also have some behind the scenes damage buffs like resto Druid solar wrath hits harder than boomkin version.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

You'd go 2x faster with pure feral/guardian/balance. But yeah, it is nice being able to level and effectively dps in a healing spec more so than any other healing spec, but with free spec changing, it's pretty much a nonfactor. As feral, regrowth is apart of your rotation, as guardian you're not even taking damage, and balance has a few extra damaging spells vs resto. Guardian is better for soloing heavier mobs earlier, followed by resto. Feral and balance both have healing issues on some tougher/higher dps named mobs... Though I never had a problem surviving anything as any spec with druid while leveling.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I leveled my alliance druid to 120 a while ago and time to kill was slow as fuck as feral vs running resto atm, it's kind of absurd the difference and I don't understand why but hey whatever I'll take it

flight form too juicy and convenient

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Best way to level a druid in bfa is feral or guardian to 116 then resto with feral affinity the rest of the way. Thats when the level scaling really kicks you in the ass and you start dying to anything more then a mob or two as feral and you can't pull fifteen things as guardian so your kill time goes down. You do almost as much damage as a feral while being able to keep hots rolling on yourself and just chug along.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
For all the Windows 7 bros out there, they put in a nice change this patch. They modded the client to work with DX12 in Win7 assuming your GPU supports it (In game go to System->Advanced and set the Graphics API to DirectX 12). Make sure you have newest drivers blah blah etc.

After we saw the performance gains of using multi-threaded rendering in DirectX 12 for the initial Tides of Vengeance update, we worked together with Microsoft and our hardware vendors to bring similar performance gains to our Windows 7 users. We are pleased to announce that with today’s content update, World of Warcraft will now support DirectX 12 on Windows 7. This allows our Windows 7 users to take advantage of the performance benefit of using DirectX 12, which was previously only available to our Windows 10 users.

Windows 7 users will need to make sure they have the latest graphics drivers to use DirectX 12. If your GPU supports DirectX 12 on Windows 7, you may enable it by selecting it in the Advanced System settings, under "Graphics API".

Using a 1070 GTX which isn't exactly cutting edge but it gave me a nice boost in frame rate.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
me: a slayer of literal gods, protector of the entire universe

also me: gets fuckin kidnapped by a parrot

WoWScrnShot_031319_103405.jpg
If your shoulderpads weren't large enough to be trees they would stop going after you.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im fine with a "Story Mode" version and then the real version. But yes, 4 different raid difficulties is idiotic.

If they did that though the "real version" would likely have to be aimed at between normal and heroic otherwise you have very few people ever doing the content. Its weird doing all the difficulties but it maximizes the people using content that takes a long time and cost to create that if you aim too hardcore winds up being basically unused. All these difficulty levels came out out of player behavior over time and the desire that all this complex content is not basically abandoned even when it is new by all but the tiniest fraction of the player base.