World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Don't fret guys. Fairly soon some new items will be introduced in the WoW Store.

Vial - Portal Caverns of Time : Opens a portal to Caverns of Time (1 Charge) WoW Store exclusive item $1.00

Micro transactions make Bobby Koticks dick hard.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
And yet the devs looking at their numbers of people using the raiding content and player activity felt they needed to add more and more gradations in raiding difficulty for no reasons at all? I remember in vanilla and burning crusade I would let my sub go for long periods of time because there was fuck all to do at high level other than alting for me. Lich king was the first time when they dropped raiding down to 10 man raid options that my guild could start working our way through some stuff and the amount of people using that content started to shoot up so they added more options for number of players and difficulty. The devs in the past have been pretty clear about why things like LFR and the different difficulties were added.
The thing is, we all agree there should be content that is doable and rewarding for casuals, serious gamers, and hardcores.

The difference is that you can do that by either making the same content for all, and changing difficulties, or making different content. Making different content is expensive, and making the same one with an adjustable slider allows you to cheat. Making the same however tells your playerbase that you intend to be cheap on them.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
No to the typical Blizzard apologist they can do no wrong and every developer decision was the right one because they can make no mistakes and clearly the game is better with each new patch. Even though for many here their best experiences in the game and the friendship and communities they fostered came mostly from Vanilla-Wrath and while there were still examples of that as expansions went on they were way fewer and farther in between.

xzi

Mouthbreather

I fuck around on another account with most of this dudes glitches and I've never even been flagged for anything. Contemplating on this one lol seems a little much.

Though somebody in a high level guild did this on stream and still isn't rolled back or banned so we'll see what happens lmao

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
On a side note, I finally realized they added heirloom upgrades to 120 in the 8.1.0 patch. I wish I'd noticed that earlier lol

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"The team agrees that titanforging can feel bad sometimes, but the team feels that titanforging also feels great, because the item could have NOT titanforged, which would have felt bad. And great is better than bad"

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"The team agrees that titanforging can feel bad sometimes"
The team agrees, but mostly because the leader will note the dissent and nominate the team members with "attitude problems" (read: differing opinions) to management for the next round of "restructuring."

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No to the typical Blizzard apologist they can do no wrong and every developer decision was the right one because they can make no mistakes and clearly the game is better with each new patch. Even though for many here their best experiences in the game and the friendship and communities they fostered came mostly from Vanilla-Wrath and while there were still examples of that as expansions went on they were way fewer and farther in between.
To be fair you can't even tell the difference between the gif thread, FSR and the hit girl thread so....

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
To be fair you can't even tell the difference between the gif thread, FSR and the hit girl thread so....

What are you still running the internet in a 48.8 modem or something? Only the hugest of faggots complain about this. Oh no there is a gif.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Decided to raid with a friend and killed heroic Jaina last night, I really do think it's an extremely fun fight but being assigned to mechanics as ret makes my dps look half as retarded as my posts on this forum :Mad PC:

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Decided to raid with a friend and killed heroic Jaina last night, I really do think it's an extremely fun fight but being assigned to mechanics as ret makes my dps look half as retarded as my posts on this forum :Mad PC:
Yeah, the logs for BFD are all fucked up. I like that there is tons of personal responsibility in a bunch of fights but if your guild doesn't assign you to anything or you get lucky rng on mechanics your logs look totally different. On our Opulence kill I got assigned a Ruby. Rip parse.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Like every fight post Cataclysm.

Cybsled

What design decision do you regret the most, from all games?

Ghostcrawler - I have a lot of regrets about Raid Finder for WoW. I am sure I worked on features that were much, much worse, but that's the first one that came to mind. The way Raid Finder turned out removed, IMO anyway, a lot of the epicness of what made raiding raiding.

8mZOYGFJ_400x400.jpg

Yet Ghostcrawler went to League of Legends, a low skill noob MOBA compared to a hardcore MOBA like DOTA2.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yet Ghostcrawler went to League of Legends, a low skill noob MOBA compared to a hardcore MOBA like DOTA2.

Depends on what type of skill you are talking about. Mechanically league has a much higher skill cap then DOTA2. Strategy and burden of knowledge wise DOTA2 would have that edge.