World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If customer feedback means anything to them, patch 8.2 (Nazjatar) should be :

- No more Warfronts (right now it's basically an AFK free loot instance where nothing matters)
- No more Exploration Islands (generic M+ mob packs practice ground with a tiny chance to loot a cool tophat or a green parrot mount)
- No more Azerite traits neck levels (100 posts here explaining how their antiprogression formula was wrong)
- Some Legion Mage Tower stuff (people need things to grind, class / spec related transmogs are fine)
- 6v6 / 8v8 PvP ? Content between 3v3 arena and 10v10 RBG, it's a longshot but I think there's something in between.
- New maps to explore / discover in a cool way, please no more 7 ressource chests or silly world quest hubs designed by Satan.
- More Warmode content ? Nobody wants another Plaguelands Tower AFK farm and WoW combat gameplay forbids massive PvP. Assassin / bounty dynamic is cool, let's develop it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Yo dawg I heard you like in game items so we put some in game items in an in game shop. Get fucked.

New In-Game Shop Toys - Transmorpher Beacon and Faction Fireworks
The Lion's Pride and Horde's Might Fireworks and Transmorpher Beacon are now on sale for $10 on the in-game shop.

For a limited time, 25% of the proceeds will contribute to the year’s final LAN event prize pools for the Arena World Championship and the Mythic Dungeon International.

What’s more satisfying than vanquishing a worthy foe in honorable hand-to-hand combat? Planting an explosive in their freshly felled corpse, that’s what! Light up the sky above a recently defeated enemy player with these reusable fireworks and send an unmistakable signal to the other faction.

Through October 15, 2019, 25% of proceeds will contribute to the year’s final LAN event prize pools for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI), with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event).

Fill the sky with faction pride
These fireworks given you an explosive new way to declare your allegiance when you encounter other players, whether it’s on Battlegrounds, in the Arena , or out in the world . Simply plant the fireworks on the corpse of an opposite-faction player, stand back, and watch the sky.

Variety pack
Once your firework ignites, it will randomly explode in one of several faction-themed patterns. “Ooh!” at the Lion of Stormwind. “Aww!” at the emblem of the Horde. “Oww!” at the blade of your mighty axe.

Everyone gets one!
The toy will be yours immediately after completing your purchase. Both factions’ fireworks are included, and you can reuse them as many times as you wish. Once activated, the toy will be applied to all current and future World of Warcraft characters in the same region on a single Blizzard account.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Play Like a Boss!
The ethereals have a twisted new trick up their sleeves, and they’re ready to traverse the nether to help you spread some chaos and confusion on the battlefield. Use this beacon to summon an Ethereal Transmorpher who can turn you and your allies into some of the most fearsome foes Azeroth has ever known.

For a limited time, 25% of the proceeds will contribute to the year’s final LAN event prize pools for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI).

Through October 15, 2019, 25% of proceeds will contribute to the year’s final LAN event prize pools for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI), with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event).

Transformation lasts 20 minutes, and stays active in combat and after death. Player characters can be transformed once every 60 minutes.

Walk in Blackhand’s boots
The Ethereal Transmorpher will temporarily change your appearance into one of dozens of random epic foes you’ve faced over your adventures. Will fate grant you the form of Grand Magistrix Elisande, or the shape of shadow-twisted Ner’zhul?

Your own legion of evil
Once summoned, the Ethereal Transmorpher is willing to alter the shape of everyone in your party or raid group, should they so choose. Form a group of friends and turn the tables on your foes in your next dungeon run.

Everyone gets one
The Transmorpher Beacon will be yours immediately after completing your purchase. Once activated, the toy will be granted to all current and future World of Warcraft characters in the same region on a single Blizzard account.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't see a problem with them using the store to crowdfund more money for their tournaments, like every other major AAA studio already does. I just feel like it should be more than 25% though.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I think I'll login for the free weekend just to destroy/delete everything, including the characters on all 3 accounts. Then I'll never have that temptation to start this shit again when high and bored.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jokes on you, that's only 20 hours worth of time you're deleting, thanks to everything becoming obsolete every patch!

Gotta crank down that barrier to reentry ;)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I tried that once and it didn't work because everything is so easy to restore now. All it really did was making me wait a week inbetween character restores (which is all in-client now)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't see a problem with them using the store to crowdfund more money for their tournaments, like every other major AAA studio already does. I just feel like it should be more than 25% though.
Yeah I mean people could just not buy the toys... I'm sure the 75% is paying for their loss revenue

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I guess the collection stuff would stay no matter what you deleted, that's all that holds any value to me anyway.

Thanks, no need to install. 3 hours isn't enough time to see for myself what BfA is like anyway.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Welcome back weekend
sub count must be getting a little lower than they would like!
I literally Uninstalled the game for the first time in 14 years. Blizzard are no longer producing a game that I care to play. They ruined my appreciation for all of their games. I mean, they fucked up any interesting characters or classes I found interesting enough to play - in hots, chogall got nurfed into the ground with their redesign, D.Va feels like trash in Overwatch. It's not isolated to those characters/classes. The normalization outside whatever new available hero is obscene. What sounds like good decisions ends up nullifying player interest when you change the fundamental aspects of it.

While for a bit I appreciated the Diablo flavor that was added during Legion (original version of M+), completely converting the game to that style of play does not work without completely altering the type of game. No one wants to run a dungeon hoping their weekly cache gives them a Titanforged item for the wrong spec.

And ultimately it isn't even the loot/time/reward that's the issue, it's the lack of reason to...

...you know what, I don't even care anymore.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm sure we're getting a Lich King/Northrend-rework expansion in the next 4-5 years to try to juice the nostalgia-wallet. We got all that Taelia stuff on the Alliance Side, DKs raising undead Drakes pissing people off, visiting Ulduar off and on. If people aren't engaged in your new stuff, just repackage what they loved before, right?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Illidan
Black Temple
Kil'Jaeden last boss
Legion
my dad talking to me
Demons
Druid actually good again

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure we're getting a Lich King/Northrend-rework expansion in the next 4-5 years to try to juice the nostalgia-wallet. We got all that Taelia stuff on the Alliance Side, DKs raising undead Drakes pissing people off, visiting Ulduar off and on. If people aren't engaged in your new stuff, just repackage what they loved before, right?

Given that even in legion there is a lot of indications that the lich king is becoming much more active again and starting to be more involved with the world it makes a lot of sense that we get another northrend/lich king aimed expansion at some point.