World of Warcraft: Current Year

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah mob scaling is something I feel like doesn't belong in this game. Some people like it, but for me leave that shit to games like Skyrim.
I don’t know if I like it anywhere. It doesn’t make sense to journey through a world where your power upgrades don’t make the stuff you were having issues with remain something to be wary of.

Yes, I get that it means you can level in proverbially any direction in the world, but it has an outsized feel bad quality to it on the character front vs the leveling retreading path front.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I don’t know if I like it anywhere. It doesn’t make sense to journey through a world where your power upgrades don’t make the stuff you were having issues with remain something to be wary of.

Yes, I get that it means you can level in proverbially any direction in the world, but it has an outsized feel bad quality to it on the character f

I always felt like leveling up and gaining power so you could shit stomp areas that were difficult previously was always part of the journey in an MMO. Imaging going back to Blackburrow at max level and not being able to shit stomp those queers. Terrible game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Method and limit both 7/8.

Limit 57%
Method 87%

If it's not killed this reset I think limit is gonna be able to pull it off Tuesday

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm pulling for Limit. Would be nice to see someone else other than Method get world 1st.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I would rather see Limit win just because of Method pissing and moaning over red bull and how they think they are E-athletes who deserve millions for playing WoW.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I always felt like leveling up and gaining power so you could shit stomp areas that were difficult previously was always part of the journey in an MMO. Imaging going back to Blackburrow at max level and not being able to shit stomp those queers. Terrible game.

This.

I think level scaling is fine up until max level. Especially if they segment it like they do (1-60 in classic content, 60-80 in BC/wotlk, etc), but should not be scaling with ilevel. Otherwise what's the point in getting better gear? You do bigger numbers but it doesn't matter because the mobs have more hp. It's fun to go around stomping on shit.

Plus it introduces more bugs too, even in leveling. Was running into the occasional quest mob leveling a char that would 3-shot me because it was clearly scaling wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So pugged 3/8 Heroic and 7/8 Normal this week. Pugs and Azshara still don't seem to click. The fight has a lot going on but really it's pretty simple overall. No idea how Mythic is for the new raid but overall this feels like one of the more simple and pug friendly raids they have made in a while, even randos can handle most of it.

M+ on the other hand still feels exhausting did a +10 ToS and +11 Kings Rest and the pace and the new Beguiling affix which isn't nearly as bad as people have made it out to be but overall it's still not fun. When you compare it to Heroic TEP the M10+ feels like it requires more effort and isn't relaxing at all.

Mechagon dungeon got nerfed a little this week on the trash which was probably a positive thing zone in still fun and I enjoy these mega instances a lot even though I feel the trash is a bit overboard and it slows the whole thing down a ton.

Overall I am actually enjoying this patch I have to admit the essences are a big power boost and fun to play with, being able to use your Azerite gears bonus is actually nice. There are still many fundamental flaws in the game and I think the essence system needs to be heavily reduced for alts same with offspec it really does feel like shit knowing you need to grind 2 or 3x as much as pure dps classes because fuck you thats why.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't play obviously but I am a huge world first race fan.

Mythic looks pretty fuckin hard on a few bosses.

Ashvane and Zaqul are the two major cockblocks. Method actually making a bold prediction saying azshara won't last the night, but from what I've seen she'll probably go to the reset.

Zaqul is gonna be heavily nerfed and changed. Every guild working on her is one tanking her with a dps dh soaking the 2nd tank damage.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would rather see Limit win just because of Method pissing and moaning over red bull and how they think they are E-athletes who deserve millions for playing WoW.
I don't think they said the players deserve millions, I think they wanted the players to make the profits not the corporation.

Personally I can't wait for limit to blame losing on being in another country and the lag. Every time I turn on limit they are complaining like a bunch of little girls.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Want corporations to sponsor them, don't want them to get the profits, EU logic.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want corporations to sponsor them, don't want them to get the profits, EU logic.
There is a difference between sponsorship and what red bull wanted. Sponsorship is a partnership where both bodies get something they want. The corporation gets air time and the player gets money. What red bull wanted was to pay a flat fee to the players, take the lions share of the profits and get the air time.

In fairness red bull got it. Unfortunately their stream actually gets let's viewers than one method raider nevermind the method stream.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Method wasn't going to gain anything from partnering with Red Bull. They were in a position to say no, so they did. What exactly is the problem?

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Max from Limit seemed like he was pretty happy with the deal he got, so it all kind of worked out in a way that we're seeing the top 4-5 guilds in the world all being casted simultaneously with a big focus on Method and Limit. I'd say this is the best case scenario for the viewer.

I don't really care which company is getting more views. I will say that watching Limit is far more entertaining than watching Method. Hearing the comms and hearing them fuck around is much more refreshing than listening to Preach "Ive gotta promote myself constantly" and bald guy.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Viewership for these seem to be dropping off for each one after the novelty of seeing how these guilds operate during progress wears off. Not sure where they think the money is going to come from to be able to pay players any reasonable amount of money if not straight from a corporation. You can point at the method stream and say they've raised $40k for charity, but people tend to donate more when it's for charity, they've mentioned the past events only getting $15k or so.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So pugged 3/8 Heroic and 7/8 Normal this week.
Took me 25 attempts to kill normal Azshara in pug. Fight is all about getting mouth breathers to charge up the wards. Insane the amount of people who fuck off and dont charge them up at all throughout the fight even after yelling at them.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm so glad I'm not wasting my time in this game anymore. Instead, I'm too busy working toward lung and liver cancer. This game was just giving me all the cancer.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought this was pretty neat and interesting.

As most of you know, using /rude on Queen Azshara during some parts of the raid will instantly kill you. After my guild ended for the night on her, I was bored and wondered if maybe some other emotes worked on her as well. To my surprise, a few did, with some entertaining and deadly effects. Each of the following effects last roughly 20 seconds, minus the last one, and will be removed once the encounter with Azshara is started.
  • Hug, Kiss, and Flirt - This will place floating hearts over your head, as well as mind control you.
  • Spit, Burp - You will pace around randomly, spitting green spit that damages yourself and other players, as well as spawning pools of Filth on the ground.
  • Rude - Instead of instantly killing you, it will now stun you for 20 seconds, reduces all healing taken by 100% and makes you immune to all damage.
  • Angry - This will mind control you and transform you into an Overzealous Hulk.
  • Nosepick - This will mind control you, slow move speed and transform you into a Plague Slime. moving on to other players gives them a Slime debuff, damaging them until they move away.
  • Fart - This will mind control you and transform you into a slow-moving Gas Cloud. Other players that enter the cloud will suffocate and take damage from the Noxious Gas until they move out of it.
  • Snub, Insult - This will turn you into a Shimmershell Snail, reducing movement speed as well. You will die if other players run over you, much like on High Tinker Mekkatorque.
  • Rasp - This will reduce your haste and also change your language to Shath'Yar. the language of the old gods.
  • Moon - This will disarm you, stripping to your underwear and reducing damage done, healing received and increases damage taken.
  • Gloat - This, much like Rude earlier in the instance, will instantly kill you.
Some of the mind control transforms will increase your damage taken and reduces damage done.
Hope you all have fun with your long nights of mythic progression with these!
Edit: The mind controls are not full mc, but turns you hostile, so you can attack players back for the 20 seconds, though you most likely would get killed first.

So, you can get "mind controlled" FFA pvp flagged, hearth to a city and have ~10 seconds of mayhem. Stack some dmg buffs, set hearth close, and you can clear out the AH...

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Took me 25 attempts to kill normal Azshara in pug. Fight is all about getting mouth breathers to charge up the wards. Insane the amount of people who fuck off and dont charge them up at all throughout the fight even after yelling at them.

Yeah I don’t claim to be great at this game by any means and have never really put in the effort needed to take Mythic raiding seriously, but goddamn are some people just beyond shitty.

I ran a M0 on an alt and people over 400ilvl are pulling 5-6k damage in Motherload. I don’t even know how it’s possible to suck so bad unless it’s on purpose.