World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
What the fuck is Alods online? Anyways, pretty weak to claim they ripped that off, considering most of the base designs have been in WoW/Blizzard games for over a decade

1) The Blue People look like the Titans models that have been in the game since early 2000s
2) 0 context for the back design shit...are the ones on the right NPCs? Bone wings, fairy wings, and angel wings aren't exactly unique concepts. I mean shit, the bone wings on the left are more Kerrigan than anything.
3) the landscape photos look nothing alike beyond colors used in the last one, which is just luminescent. I mean fuck, you could claim that Alloods or whatever ripped off Zangermarsh from TBC

Looks less like a meme and more like a stealth marketing campaign to have people check out a no-name MMO lol

it's not a weak claim. They Xeroxed WoW.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Allods, aside from ripping off entire zones from WoW in the earlier days, was actually a pretty solid MMO when it launched. Of all the WoW clones, that game was THE WoW clone, even more than RIFT was. Unfortunately it very quickly became F2P and ruined any possibilities of that game going anywhere.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
wait... does that mean wow is going to rip off Allods after Allods ripped off wow?

inception.gif

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone else think that this expansion is jumping the shark? Invading the afterlife... where do you go after that?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Anyone else think that this expansion is jumping the shark? Invading the afterlife... where do you go after that?

Idunno after defeating Argus and imprisoning Sargeras, a guy who literally eats planets, everything else is pretty downhill for me. That's like trying to defeat Unicron and his depressing voice.

THAT SAID, I never thought anything could top Sargeras but uh, N'zoth is a REAL BIG BOY (just watch the first 10 sec at least)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm not surprised that they are pushing the scale of encounters given Sylvanas is releasing a supposed gigantic skeleton king looking shadow. I'm guessing Shadowlands is going to have some massive beasts so N'zoth is just the beginning. (Not saying that its a bad thing but an interesting direction in terms of design)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not surprised that they are pushing the scale of encounters given Sylvanas is releasing a supposed gigantic skeleton king looking shadow. I'm guessing Shadowlands is going to have some massive beasts so N'zoth is just the beginning. (Not saying that its a bad thing but an interesting direction in terms of design)

Still pretty cheesy that Azshara and N'zoth get reduced to patch bosses (if that is indeed, how it all ends up). I think they're going for something entirely new with Shadowlands Big Bad, but the need to push Sylvanas so much means they just kinda gloss over what should have been much bigger threats in Azshara and N'zoth.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have a feeling that N'zoth is gonna fuck Azeroth right up and that's going to play into our need for being in the Shadowlands as it is.

I mean the dude is a literal mountain if 8.3 PTR datamining is to be believed (Which at this point it should be cause said video up above when you can see his actual scale). I assume the last raid like always we're fighting an avatar of an Old God but this time around it looks like the big boi himself is actually released if this comes true. In which case I hope he just FUCKS everything up.

...yes that is Naz'jatar

874617.jpg

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I have a feeling that N'zoth is gonna fuck Azeroth right up and that's going to play into our need for being in the Shadowlands as it is.

I mean the dude is a literal mountain if 8.3 PTR datamining is to be believed (Which at this point it should be cause said video up above when you can see his actual scale). I assume the last raid like always we're fighting an avatar of an Old God but this time around it looks like the big boi himself is actually released if this comes true. In which case I hope he just FUCKS everything up.

...yes that is Naz'jatar

874617.jpg
Didn't we just buttfuck some guy the size of two Azeroths stapled together?

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
So are we being slowly introduced to old gods? Is N'zoth the only "corpse" of a god laying around? Sorry, my Wow lore is a little swiss cheese.

Lore of N'Zoth, God of the Deep - Old Gods and the Black Empire
If by slowly you mean since Ahn'Qiraj back in 2007(?), then sure. As far as corpses go, Y'Shaarj was arguably the only one, and even then he kind of remained lurking in a fashion via the seven Sha in Pandaria. Yogg-Saron and C'Thun technically had larger forms but we only really saw their avatars or "cores" if you will, when fighting them in Ahn'Qiraj and Ulduar (and not even that much with Y'Shaarj during Siege of Orgrimmar). That said, N'Zoth is the only one where we've really seen the scale of their size in game.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
We've already fought the scales and claws of Deathwing, N'zoth doesn't seem much bigger.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It does seem like they aren't going to address this whole giant sword sticking out of the planet business. Then again Azerite isn't mentioned as part of Shadowlands so maybe there will be some closure?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It does seem like they aren't going to address this whole giant sword sticking out of the planet business. Then again Azerite isn't mentioned as part of Shadowlands so maybe there will be some closure?

Gallywix should make it into a theme park.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
If Blizzard weren’t full of hack fuck retards they could of used the fact that Azeroth was on the brink of death due to being stabbed with a giant fucking sword as a catalyst to allow the entrance to the Shadowlands.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
If Blizzard weren’t full of hack fuck retards they could of used the fact that Azeroth was on the brink of death due to being stabbed with a giant fucking sword as a catalyst to allow the entrance to the Shadowlands.

This right here.

Why the fuck would Sylvanas need the crown when there is a giant fucking DEATH SPACE TITAN SWORD sticking out of the planet.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Other than Azerite being a stand-in for Unobtanium the whole DSTS business has been largely ignored as a complete afterthought all expansion long.

The whole war was just idiotic in the extreme and has made no goddamn sense. Yeah I get it that they are trying to recreate Warcraft 2 Sea of Tides by making navies relevant but the Alliance has a goddamn battlestar in orbit along with gnomes who have already managed to nuke one city (their own) and could easily eradicate the horde from orbit. If anything I'd think Tyrande and Malfurion would be pissed at the Humans for AGAIN ignoring elven genocide when they had the power to do something about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users