World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Factions should never preclude you from grouping with other people/friends who play this game. Can't enter that city because that faction hates the one I chose? Fine. Can't group with so and so because they decided they like pretty night elves more than ugly Tauren? Fucking stupid.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Factions should never preclude you from grouping with other people/friends who play this game. Can't enter that city because that faction hates the one I chose? Fine. Can't group with so and so because they decided they like pretty night elves more than ugly Tauren? Fucking stupid.

Absolutely. Hard divisions of the player base like that is just fucking dumb. It's an MMORPG yet half the players might as well be on a different planet since you can't interact with them in the game in any meaningful way.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They could probably turn factions into individual reputations per race or group, like Everquest. You could start off with the opposing Faction's reps at Hated and have to work it out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So decided to pop in for a month prior to next PoE league and do the anniversary shit and check out Azshara stuff.

Why do all the added zones feel so claustrophobic? Weird. Classic feels so open.

Did they hire a gw2 designer? I swear to god Nazjatar feels like Heart of Thorns. Doubt I’ll have the time to unlock flying but I’m going to do the major storylines and shit then peace out until after Nyolotha comes out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather

I been bitching about this for years now. It's fucking dumb and outdated, ESPECIALLY since there's literally nothing Blizzard can do to make the population even. Alliance gets free loot weekly because they're outnumbered, and in a game where everyone is driven by loot even that doesn't make any difference at all lol.

They keep saying stupid shit like "it's the world of WARcraft!" ignoring the fact that we team up at least twice per fucking expansion since WOTLK. Either bring Sylvanas back and full on genocide the entire alliance or let me group with my friends that play alliance already.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They could probably turn factions into individual reputations per race or group, like Everquest. You could start off with the opposing Faction's reps at Hated and have to work it out.

Faction is one of the things Everquest got very very right.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
So decided to pop in for a month prior to next PoE league and do the anniversary shit and check out Azshara stuff.

Why do all the added zones feel so claustrophobic? Weird. Classic feels so open.

Did they hire a gw2 designer? I swear to god Nazjatar feels like Heart of Thorns. Doubt I’ll have the time to unlock flying but I’m going to do the major storylines and shit then peace out until after Nyolotha comes out.
Yeah I noticed this.

Feels like zones are stiched together from 25 self contained questing areas which often have some sort of barrier around them so you can't wander off during your 3 quests (kill boss, kill 10 minions, pick up shit off the floor) in that area.

Like they designed the quest areas, then the zone.

In classic they designed the zone, then put quest areas into it which often overlap and lack barriers as a result.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is why we have transmog baby!!!!!

Just use your legion artifact

Can't transmog wands this was my bane throughout a lot of BFA on my warlock because I kept getting wands head and shoulders better ilvel than anything else.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So it's like an even more fucking lame version of Artifact Research on top of other bullshit grinding?

Just what we always wanted.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get how stupid you have to be to design shit like that. The average retard barely understands ilvl on items and doesn't sim jack shit.

But yes, but detrimental curses on higher ilvl items requiring a dick pounding grind system to actually be functional. PUGs are going to be ludicrously retarded because Timmy is rocking 90% N'Zoth curse and doesn't understand why he is being chased and insta gibbed by hallucinations.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
But yes, but detrimental curses on higher ilvl items requiring a dick pounding grind system to actually be functional.
The idea behind this is that you can't just "get lucky with titantforge anymore". Now, you have to grind before being allowed to use your "new titanforged" items.

This will supposedly remove the "fuck, this noob got better items than me in the first week, waaaaah!"... which isn't the complaint that people made (the "first week" isn't what people objected to).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The idea behind this is that you can't just "get lucky with titantforge anymore". Now, you have to grind before being allowed to use your "new titanforged" items.

Yes and some retard thought this was an improvement.

1573664916724.png

• 1Solidarity

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Was anything wrong with the loot system in Vanilla?
People could be finished with their character, then realize they don't need to log on anymore, then realize they don't need to play anymore.

The problem was that people logged on to play with their friends, Blizzard think they logged on for loot only.

• 7Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
People could be finished with their character, then realize they don't need to log on anymore, then realize they don't need to play anymore.

The problem was that people logged on to play with their friends, Blizzard think they logged on for loot only.

This is about as accurate as you can get.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users