World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Considering it's about all we've got, I enjoy the idea of trying to do a little min maxing (although not on the insane level of some). First thing you buy from the tree basically quadruples what you can do in there with the 3 orbs.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The Visions are fun now b/c they're new, once you're clearing all 5 bosses every run with masks and what not and cloak upgrades are time gated to 1 a week, I can see them getting boring, and they're really the only content outside of the raid.

that's pretty much what I already posted, yea

Still more content than the last patch of MOP & WoD though, how hilarious

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That said, visions are really fun.. for now. When fully decked out and max upgraded cloak I'm sure it'll just be another island expedition difficulty thing but I hope I'm somehow wrong. Skulls can prove to be interesting I'm sure.
That's the second iteration of... Withered Army Training. The infinite tower in Shadowlands is presumably the third, except that one is supposed - supposed being the operative word, because it's all statically design content still - to be endless progression. Until you hit the cap, I assume.

Something like five weeks after its' released, unless you have weekly lockouts.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The tower from what they've talked about it though with it being a roguelike experience, getting randomized powers, stats, etc actually offers replayability past the first few weeks, which I'm really stoked for. I just hope they don't do some wack shit like make it only a certain amount of tries per week.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm back to playing my shaman...as enhance.

The class blows dick this expac but I just love its fantasy and the idea of enhance.

Here's to hoping we get a Shadowlands beta by next month so we can get all those class changes. I know Blizzard jerked off enhance all expac saying they couldnt fix them because a patch isnt enough.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

The class blows dick this expac but I just love its fantasy and the idea of enhance.

Here's to hoping we get a Shadowlands beta by next month so we can get all those class changes. I know Blizzard jerked off enhance all expac saying they couldnt fix them because a patch isnt enough.

Not the first expac they’ve fucked enhance like that, I doubt it will be the last.

xzi

Mouthbreather

yo SAME! Enh feels so much better now with stats. First half of BFA it was so unbelievably ass most of the time. The.. feel of enhance is just so fucking warcraft-y and you get them procs and literally just become Thor

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
you mean watch Limit beta test the first 12 hours of the last boss for Method as blizzard hotfixes the fight every single pull making some mechanics completely change and causing the last 5 hours of progress to be irrelevant

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

that's pretty much what I already posted, yea

Still more content than the last patch of MOP & WoD though, how hilarious

Wasn't last patch of MoP Timeless Isle, and WoD had Tanaan Jungle (also introduced Mythic dungeon difficulty) in addition to their final raids? I didn't play during either MoP or WoD but from what I heard Timeless Isle was awesome and a lot more content than these assaults/Visions seem to be. 8.3 seems just Visions and raid,with no new actual areas.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking Blizzard.

Completing a bonus objective in a horrific vision severely lags the game. My group got DC'd after the 2nd bonus objective and now we lost out on loot, momentos, and a vessel.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Lot of lags and disconnects, glad I wasn't running any visions at the time. Also server shutdown.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
When you see it...

IMG_0402.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
I would welcome a Doom Crossover with WoW. That is what the Legion expansion should have been.

xzi

Mouthbreather
aw man before I could find a piece with it on

it's so insane how ahead it is lol people are doing like 300k dps on pulls

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you mean watch Limit beta test the first 12 hours of the last boss for Method as blizzard hotfixes the fight every single pull making some mechanics completely change and causing the last 5 hours of progress to be irrelevant
They make changes to Method while Limit is sleeping as well. That's a pretty straw man argument.

If you watch both streams it's pretty obvious the leadership of Method has a much clearer path to progression and makes more valuable changes each pull where Limit just talks for a small amount of time and pulls again.

It's like watching a team telling their players to 'play better' versus a team with an actual coach calling plays.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's not a strawman argument because it's what happened. I never claimed they didn't do it with Method too, I just said what happened with Limit because Limit is what was mentioned.