World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really disagree with you, but something about dailies in this patch in particular is there's little to no reason to do them aside from the daily vision thing in vale, which even then you can miss and just do the weekly ones instead and still get enough currency to do the vision for your cloak.

It's kind of surprisingly that they made it so all the dailies only give like 50 of the currency you need. My plan is to get exalted with the factions just because I am an autist and then never touch them again while I go off and do things I actually enjoy.

Realistically I only see myself doing the raid a handful of times and then probably just shelfing the game until shadowlands.

Yup honestly you can get more rep just doing the random event stuff the dailies are really there only for those chasing the dragon to the fullest trying to max rep gains. You could utterly ignore them and just do the minor vision and still stay pretty close to somebody doing everything. Honestly although the intro quest stuff is probably going to get a bit old I think long run the alt ability is probably going to be pretty decent. Just doing the weekly assault stuff and minor vision should get you 2 or 3 major visions per week with minimal time investment so pretty easy to get at least one alt at near parity with your main. And while the intro stuff is a bit long its basically giving you better rewards per time than doing the same stuff later does so its very worth while doing for a jump start on your cloak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bear in mind Ion said 8.3.5. is a no-no and it's obvious they will maintain 8.3. with patches and hotfixes all the way up to Shadowlands. While some balance changes are expected, they definitely won't make big changes and already shift their workforce (probably months ago) onto the next expansion. Safe assumption would be between June and November.

8.3 brings a new 12 boss raid, two "new" allied races, timegated content (cloak progression, gear, reps), both Uldum and Vale got a refresh, Mechagon going into the M+ rotation (two instances), Horrific Visions, Assaults, Corrupted Gear, new arena / rbg season, island crates, (new heroic warfront lol), etc. While it could seem lackluster for some people, I kind of like this "last new content before expac" period, and the hiatus it creates.

I don't play 16 hours a day anymore and this "before expac" period really suits me. There's new content and there's available content I didn't do for some reason. Definitely a good time to catchup on stuff. Island rewards got trivialized with dooblon chests, azerite neck is capped and both Mechagon and Nazjatar still get crowded. It's a good time to level alts. What's more fun than, right after grinding essences on your main, you're given opportunity to do it all over again, on a new character!

Just kidding anyway, alt essence progression should have never existed, it's a feature designed by people who don't have the slightest idea about playing videogames. Anyone justifying alts having to farm essences all over again should get blacklisted, get a restraining order to never approaching or being involved in game design ever again and getting banned from Internet.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I leveled a priest from 1 to 120 during the anniversary av and was thinking about doing more but then I realized no way in hell I'm grinding essences over and over to make alts viable.

Hell I don't even have all lvl3s on the paladin I only play.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah pretty much, but if I spent all this time grinding essences instead of complaining about them I'd have them on my DH. Don't mean I'm gonna do it though.

Cause it's a dumbass idiot system. The least they could do is let people enjoy alts as painlessly as possible in the last patch of the expansion. I'm convinced the ending of Legion was liked and remembered so well because they did exactly that with 7.3-7.3.5

Instead I'm just going to play other games and let my sub die cause I couldn't be fucked to grind essences for a 3rd time let alone a 4th or 5th (or 12th?). Essences which are extremely mandatory or you lose a significant amount of damage.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's actually quite a bit more than just the daily visions if you're really trying to min/max the cloak first week and go through the talents for horrific visions. The catch up mechanic makes it seem like you won't be behind early on, but since you eventually need to save up vessels week to week since later upgrades will take multiple runs, people will be behind. Some of the stuff was already patched out, though, like people being in their daily vision for up to an hour and collecting extra mementos that way they got much further down their talent trees week 1.

Then again, unless you're top tier raider, most of that won't matter. But if you got some phat corrupted piece you won't be able to use it without drawbacks for awhile.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bfa end cinematic is just an in game cutscene. Its almost poetic, ending bfa on its true theme of underwhelming

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The bfa end cinematic is just an in game cutscene. Its almost poetic, ending bfa on its true theme of underwhelming

It's possible Myhtic has a cutscene. iirc they said it will, but whether it's an actual cutscene or "a cutscene" we don't know.

That cutscene was very underwhelming. Wasn't bad, but just kinda wack. I know they've said before that mythic is the official canon of the story but eh

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's possible Myhtic has a cutscene. iirc they said it will, but whether it's an actual cutscene or "a cutscene" we don't know.

That cutscene was very underwhelming. Wasn't bad, but just kinda wack. I know they've said before that mythic is the official canon of the story but eh

Makes LFR so everyone can experience the story content.
Locks elements of the story behind content a tiny fraction of the playerbase can do.
Can't explain that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
You finally unleash an old god on Azeroth, and the potential revival of the black empire, only to end it so abruptly and with so little fanfare. Of all of the things they've failed at, this one is pretty bad for me. They've always kinda made moments that should be epic end like a wet fart, but this one seems to really tell us something about the state of Blizzard.

I hope this is like WoD, where we ended up getting a Legion out of it, but I'm not very confident of that.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hope this is like WoD, where we ended up getting a Legion out of it, but I'm not very confident of that.

The same crew that put out this pile of shit is putting out the next pile of shit. This visions and cloak garbage is the most unfun thing I've ever done in any game, ever. Shadowlands is going to be more of the same. In fact....it will be worse. Why? Blizzard has ignored every single player concern and added more grind and more tedium to the game.

My jaw dropped when I got corrupted blue gear from a normal drop. Who in flying fuck though it was a good idea to gate all of your gear behind the most tedious and least rewarding activity ever put into an MMO? I mean...your gear will FUCKING KILL YOU unless you grind through the cloak and visions garbage. Players wanted more leeway to play alts and now we have exactly zero.

Today is the first time since before WoW came out that I don't have World of Warcraft stored on a few drives.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You finally unleash an old god on Azeroth, and the potential revival of the black empire, only to end it so abruptly and with so little fanfare. Of all of the things they've failed at, this one is pretty bad for me. They've always kinda made moments that should be epic end like a wet fart, but this one seems to really tell us something about the state of Blizzard.
It is amazing how god awful the writing is. Everyone on the writing must give non stop blow jobs to keep their jobs.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really need them to fix the AH, I'm just straight up missing like 400k gold.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
That's the finale? Legit?

They are literally shitting in your throats and don't even have the decency to call it hot choclate anymore.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Azshara, an Old God, and the Black Empire pissed away in a single expansion. That takes some skillful incompetence.

At least we got some shitty anime plotlines with Sylvanas? Yay?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
Black Empire should have been the next expansion, not this asspull Shadowlands.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Black Empire should have been the next expansion, not this asspull Shadowlands.

Should have ended with us saving Azeroth and separating Old God corruption, but N'zoth still breaks free and Ny'alotha manifests. Shadowlands begins with a scenario where Alliance and Horde team up to attack Ny'alotha. We all die in it, and that's our introduction to the Shadowlands.

While we wander the Shadowlands to harness the power of life and death in order to stop N'zoth, the remaining defenders of Azeroth play Edge of Tomorrow thanks to the Bronze Dragonflight who have rallied around Khadgar, Rexxar, etc. while we explore the lands of the dead. (Gives a nice in-story reason to "Where the hell is X and why aren't they doing anything while the world is ending?)

The expansion after Shadowlands should be us coming back from death, and driving back N'zoth.

• 2Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Azshara, an Old God, and the Black Empire pissed away in a single expansion. That takes some skillful incompetence.
This isn't even the worst part of the story. Money quote:

"Battle for Azeroth is absolutely an opportunity to look at both sides [honorable and evil] that have made up the Horde storylines throughout the years and pull them together. And maybe give a chance for the Horde to look inward and maybe become something new, something stronger than it ever was before."