World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's already been in development for very clearly a while now and still no alpha in sight, even preach at blizzcon said he'd be surprised if this game came out in 2019 already, and I don't disagree. I mean shit, WoD had a 14 month wait between the last patch and legion.

There's literally no way Corona isn't affecting development, all major game studios are massively hit. Their artists can still pump out top tier content at home extremely easy but the rest of the teams without being able to push major internal builds in reasonable timeframes is gonna be weird.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's already been in development for very clearly a while now and still no alpha in sight, even preach at blizzcon said he'd be surprised if this game came out in 2019 already, and I don't disagree. I mean shit, WoD had a 14 month wait between the last patch and legion.

There's literally no way Corona isn't affecting development, all major game studios are massively hit. Their artists can still pump out top tier content at home extremely easy but the rest of the teams without being able to push major internal builds in reasonable timeframes is gonna be weird.

What are we defining as awhile? Seemed clear at Blizzcon it was very early in development. Wasn't a whole lot of details on features, etc.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Longer than BFA, that's for certain. With real accurate leaks about Shadowlands like 5 months before blizzcon as well. Also these expansions have probably been worked on in some capacity since before BFA even dropped. (Most of them are iirc)

Also don't forget they pretty muched stated 8.3.5 was cancelled to put full attention on Shadowlands. They're aware this is probably their last real shot before just becoming Everquest 2.

Merrith

Also don't forget they pretty muched stated 8.3.5 was cancelled to put full attention on Shadowlands.

This just tells me they knew they were further behind in development and needed the extra time spent on the expansion.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean.. yeah? But also it was time to throw BFA out about 2 years ago.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Who has some really good weak auras that are more generic?

Things like Vision ones come to mind. Any others that are just real amazing?

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is the only must have WA for visions I'd say: Wago.

There are other vision related WAs linked on that page, that you could check out as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting article.

During the first months of BFA I got a herb / alch reroll and I was kind of heavily (7-10 hours a day, everyday) farming herbs / crafting pots and selling them. Within a month of that I netted about 4-5m golds and I bought a lot of tokens aka gametime. I was recovering from a work injury therefore I had a lof of free time. Farming herbs was mindless, warmode OFF and any movie / tv show on the other screen (had a huge backlog). Also, whilst doing that, I was actively reporting other obvious bot / non EU herb gatherers, and my friends list was obviously showing they all got bans every 1-3 weeks.

What I've learned is that on EU servers there was some competition, mostly russian / ukrainian poor people / somewhat prisoners doing druid accounts with stolen credit cards / paypal accounts. I've talked to some and while I was doing that out of boredom, it was quite clear that for a lot of them it was their only income. When I went back from work, I just couldn't care about doing that on my free time since it was mathematically way more profitable to just show up to work and play WoW for fun, rather than gathering herbs.

What I've always wondered is that while there were people doing that because it was (for them) sheer distraction, if at all, I felt like for some of them it wasn't just a choice, they had to get some money. So last week I went back on my herb / alch reroll and found that "Vilizmiz" druid was still around. I was up to 4 whiskies and /w him "sup" and the fucker fucking recognized me from the old days so we had a chat. He had a thick accent, was talking about "hoops", maybe the trials he had to go along.

It may be bullshit but the guy told me he was russian from a hood called "Priladelsiav", got into prison because "stuff" and there it was like if you know how to run a computer they get you jacked on goldfarming. He said something like if you don't go to the "computer line" (broken english) during prison first day you just pave roads and do cement / carpentry stuff where hardcore russia criminal gangs rule everything and rape / murder is more frequent than hot meals. He said his life came to a rebound when he showed his jailors where he was from.

Then he went again about "Priladelsiav", like he down the line became an important person. I asked if it was some kind of famous location , he said "it's like a town, it's called Bil'Air" (that accent though). He was like, right after he got into goldfarming his everyday life prison went upside down; no more rape / murder stuff, he's just rocking druid accounts gathering herbs all day long in a nice place with weed, food "and a nice sofa" (again, erratic english). I therefore inquired "bro, are you sit tight?" And he answered me to just sit right there, and he'll tell me how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air.

• 4Worf
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 11 users

Araxen

Asmongold's degeneracy has returned to streaming. He must be running low on money.

Araxen

Oh no what are we going to do when he's forcing you to watch him.

He's not forcing me to watch. I usually watch him. He has the same views about WoW as the rest of the forum for the most part.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Preach / Towellie are hinting on Twitch / MMO-Champ about Shadowlands Alpha F&F invites next week, also hinting about new class. Grain of salt etc.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Any links to them talking about a class?

I saw some of the alpha stuff very soon, you know they're 100% going to get into it so they know more than the rest of us. Immediately after the world first ended even Ion said alpha will be very soon but clearly something happened, and then coronachan happened.

I'd play a necromancer though immediately.

xzi

Mouthbreather
hmmm, I guess I could see how someone took him saying this but I found a clip (the beginning + ending bits). Problem is Preach is pretty cheeky in general so lmao

"I ain't saying nothin" (linked cause this site still won't post clips for some reason)

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I say 100% trolling. Why would that NOT be a part of blizzcon's announcement?

UNLESS, and hear me out here guys, they KNEW we wouldn't get Shadowlands until after Blizzcon 2020, and decided to announce the new class then.

But, for them to know that, they'd have to know Kung Flu was coming.

OMG Blizzard created CoronaChan to force shelter in place orders and increase profits.

I figured it the fuck out.