World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously the big brain play is to delay the expansion 4 months, but release the new level squish and leveling set-up early, then offer to unlock a new class early if you buy a 6month sub.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Blizzard did say there would be a big wrath-like event for prepatch of Shadowlands.. so I mean

blizzard making the plague have real stakes this time around?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hmmm, I guess I could see how someone took him saying this but I found a clip (the beginning + ending bits). Problem is Preach is pretty cheeky in general so lmao

"I ain't saying nothin" (linked cause this site still won't post clips for some reason)

Yeah you're right, it's kind of far-fetched and while people like Towellie / Preach surely are more in the loop, they'll most likely won't risk their connections by leaking some exclusive stuff before Blizzard.

On the other hand, I'd venture saying, based on other people, a non-encrypted build is days away, and the minute it's on, the datamining boogaloo will thrive. Blizzard knows that and I think we'll get some Alpha features announcement right before it's playable.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm also very convinced blizzard "leaks" info out early to see the general feel for them before finally making a decision.

We all know alpha was supposed to be up by now but we're kind of in the middle of something lmao. Datamining is gonna be lit, SHOW ME THE DATAMINED NECROMANCER

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I say 100% trolling. Why would that NOT be a part of blizzcon's announcement?

As explained here, some streamers / influencers have privileged access to Blizzard, whether it's pure friendship or business accointances. They get teased so they can tease. It's free hype, without revealing anything you get these "talking heads" nurturing their viewers / communities on a "what's next" basis.

In this case, it's not your average joe, both Towellie and Preach are quite connected regarding WoW / Blizzard, whether you hate or like them. Are they just blindly trolling, talking garbage for more views? Are they fed bullshit by their "sources"? Any of that could be true, especially when there's definitely some agitation about encrypted Alpha clients.

But the "it's not at BlizzCon therefore it's not true" argument is idiotic, Blizzard announced Legion during 2016 Gamescom and with both major videogame conventions getting cancelled amidst coronavirus and alpha F&F invites at the horizon (with datamining frenzy), they're not gonna wait months to announce anything. What's on the table right now might be more than what was on the table during 2019 Blizzcon. Stuff changes, especially when about one of three people on Earth are confined right now.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
All the classes they've ever added were melee, and melee are the least wanted in raids, so it will be another melee.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
We should get another Healer or Tank, with Mail as their armor. To round things out.

But it is CurrentYearWoW, so we will get a cloth wearing melee class.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
All the classes they've ever added were melee, and melee are the least wanted in raids, so it will be another melee.
Not only that but they actually removed one ranged spec and made it melee. So we have less ranged options while new melee ones keep being added. If they ever do another class it needs to at least have a ranged spec.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I put the odds on there being a new class at below 10%.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Witch Doctor or Necromancer - something plague/pestilence based would resonate with a lot of people right now for obvious reasons. Necromancer more so just simply because of the coming content. Of course I would play either of those two, like so many others. Which for me has been a while since a new class has launched that I enjoyed. I loved both the DK and the Monk at some point. But the Demon Hunter fell flat for me, personally. A Necromancer/Witch Doctor though? Yes, please.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's going to be a Shadow Knight, because Blizzard.

Plate, Melee, Tank

"But we already have Death Knights!"

You'll shut up and take what I give you!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they can't balance the current ones then why not add a new class? If everything's gonna be a clusterfuck might as well make it a big ol clusterfuck!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
As explained here, some streamers / influencers have privileged access to Blizzard, whether it's pure friendship or business accointances. They get teased so they can tease. It's free hype, without revealing anything you get these "talking heads" nurturing their viewers / communities on a "what's next" basis.

In this case, it's not your average joe, both Towellie and Preach are quite connected regarding WoW / Blizzard, whether you hate or like them. Are they just blindly trolling, talking garbage for more views? Are they fed bullshit by their "sources"? Any of that could be true, especially when there's definitely some agitation about encrypted Alpha clients.

But the "it's not at BlizzCon therefore it's not true" argument is idiotic, Blizzard announced Legion during 2016 Gamescom and with both major videogame conventions getting cancelled amidst coronavirus and alpha F&F invites at the horizon (with datamining frenzy), they're not gonna wait months to announce anything. What's on the table right now might be more than what was on the table during 2019 Blizzcon. Stuff changes, especially when about one of three people on Earth are confined right now.
While I appreciate the well thought out reply, I'm not sure you fully understood the satire in my post