World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't it the same as heroic? Either way, you weren't getting your loot from the end of dungeon. I didn't raid at all last season and all of my loot is from weekly chest or visions. Visions are going away but if you aren't mythic raiding, weekly chest will be your source of gear.

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
They're shaking things up M+ wise: Shadowlands Season 1 Mythic+ Item Level Loot Table - Max End-of-Dungeon Reward Reduced to Below Heroic Raid

Unlike BFA, you'll have to do Mythic raiding to progress in M+. So basically, M+ already lacked rewards, now it will lack loot too.

That's dumb. Multiple avenues of getting gear = good. Designing the endgame for a tiny % of people = dumb. I wonder how many players they are throwing away with this change; I bet it is a LOT.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm done caring about WoW, too bad I preordered SL when I bought BFA.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't it the same as heroic? Either way, you weren't getting your loot from the end of dungeon. I didn't raid at all last season and all of my loot is from weekly chest or visions. Visions are going away but if you aren't mythic raiding, weekly chest will be your source of gear.

Actually given a lot of the raid loot was shit in many cases, and with Titanforging, a good part of the expansion people were getting loot from M+, no? Plus the fact you can just keep grinding M+ runs until you get good drops.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Actually given a lot of the raid loot was shit in many cases, and with Titanforging, a good part of the expansion people were getting loot from M+, no? Plus the fact you can just keep grinding M+ runs until you get good drops.

Pretty much, plus at least prior to the corruption patch I knew people would run many M+ using armor stacking or trying to rerun for certain trinkets/items. Pretty much from day one of BFA until the end people were trying to get the sword from Kings Rest. As usual Fyff is a terrible reference for anyone who has any desire to perform well in the game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Id say raiding was easier than doing +15s for max loot, especially as a DPS.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Id say raiding was easier than doing +15s for max loot, especially as a DPS.
Sure, but finding 4 other people for one or two M+ runs for half an hour each is easier than finding 9+ others with 2 hours at the same time. Herding cats and all that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
M+ isnt easy so the rewards need to good enough that its actually worth doing, otherwise it will be relegated to nothing more than another weekly activity done only to get the cache rewards.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much, plus at least prior to the corruption patch I knew people would run many M+ using armor stacking or trying to rerun for certain trinkets/items. Pretty much from day one of BFA until the end people were trying to get the sword from Kings Rest. As usual Fyff is a terrible reference for anyone who has any desire to perform well in the game.
I'm sorry my facts once again disagree with the bias of people who aren't playing the game...

• 1Repost

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm sorry my facts once again disagree with the bias of people who aren't playing the game...

You're a joke.

giphy.gif

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're a joke.

giphy.gif
I'm sorry that the loot in current end m plus is lower than mythic raiding so this 'change' is not a change at all.

Fuck dude, are you actually retarded or just so jaded and sad with life that you have to argue against facts on the internet for a game you don't even play?

• 1Repost
  • 1Faggotry

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fuck dude, are you actually retarded or just so jaded and sad with life that you have to argue against facts on the internet for a game you don't even play?

Haha, BfA and Shadowlands M+ are the same. These are the "facts' you are trying to put forth.

It's sad when someone who apparently doesn't play knows more about the game than you.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they toss in some items with "effects" they can still have Mythic+ relevancy for raiders. Definitely heard some fierce bitching about having to M+ for Mechagon Rings or the Mage Bracers despite ilvl differential.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sorry that the loot in current end m plus is lower than mythic raiding so this 'change' is not a change at all.
Yes, currently. But after the change it is going to be lower than even heroic raiding. So there is a change.

It's not rocket science, it's reading comprehension 101.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get what the big deal is.

Raiding only happens once a week, so your chances to loot something you want are low. Of course you can still kill raid bosses again and use a token, but it's still pretty low. Before 8.3 M+ loot could proc (war / titanforge, also gem slot) in every M+ run, therefore a lot of people only doing M+ content could progress M+ with M+ loot source only. Even after 8.3, we were still running M+ to try to get good items with good corruption.

The "big deal" is now you'll be forced to raid to stay competitive and progress in M+. And in an environment where there's already a severe lack of rewards during progression, removing the loot incentive looks short-sighted at best, or plain dumb. M+ is really great as a competitive, PvE content alternative to raiding, they shouldn't remove one of the main incentives to actually do it.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Except now the M+ in SL will be lower than Heroic, not just mythic. Also was there a cap on the titanforging early in BFA where it stayed below mythic level?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What it boils down with the M+ change is: delayed gratification. Your "real" rewards now come from the weekly chest. I don't know if the WoW playerbase is mature enough for that dopamine detox.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once again an obvious "fix" to the 1% progression raiders getting loot. This has nothing to do with anything else.

• 2Solidarity