World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tried LFR archimond last night to finish up my tomes, I left at determination 6. Fuuuuuuuck.

Holy priest seems pretty fun, assassination rogue is much more bleed/dot heavy but I'm ok with it so far, affliction warlock seems "ok?" as I didn't really play much with it.

edit: do you need to log into a character to get the gear on it into your wardrobe?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
do you need to log into a character to get the gear on it into your wardrobe?
Yes. Also for the toys, some are learned automatically and some aren't, so make sure before vendoring everything that the toy items have actually been learned (if it says "Already known" in red you can safely destroy/vendor it).

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Did they make the old Furlbog wand from Vanilla a toy?
Yes and no. The really old wand is still in the game for those that obtained it back then but is not a toy, but they made a more recent version in the Cataclysm quest revamp, and that one is a toy. You can use both.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Shitty part is the toy version requires you to be Exalted with Timbermaw Hold. I think the only character I got to exalted with already has the original wand in the bank anyway.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
I only had time to mess around a bit with Sub last night, which seemed decent enough but I'm still getting used to it. I was leaning towards playing sub over assassination but I'll check out both.

It's a bit hard to come to conclusions about spec without having the artifact though. For both Sub and Ass rogue the artifact ability seems not to be rotation-defining - just an energy/CP boost and a maintenance poison dot respectively - but it's still incomplete. I know some specs have artifact abilities that really affect gameplay, I heard Balance was like that? And Balance was a spec I plan to look at as well.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I only had time to mess around a bit with Sub last night, which seemed decent enough but I'm still getting used to it. I was leaning towards playing sub over assassination but I'll check out both.

It's a bit hard to come to conclusions about spec without having the artifact though. For both Sub and Ass rogue the artifact ability seems not to be rotation-defining - just an energy/CP boost and a maintenance poison dot respectively - but it's still incomplete. I know some specs have artifact abilities that really affect gameplay, I heard Balance was like that? And Balance was a spec I plan to look at as well.
I was playing with the Assassination artifact on beta, and you're right, it didn't seem to move the style too much. It really focused around energy pooling though... with Kingsbane you want to apply the poison as many times as possible as fast as possible so you can ramp up that extra DOT damage.

edit: So was there any new content added or pre-legion quests?

kaxfenix

N00b
You missed the gravy train.

Garrisons now give no gold.

All of the old raids had their gold reduced and the vendor value of their items (for MoP/Cata raids) reduced by 25-ish percent.

It will be slightly better in LEGION. You can make a healthy amount of gold doing the daily quests/world quests. But it is not the stupidly high passive income of the Garrison. But until then, they super neutered it.
I have 6 full Lvl 3 Garrisons that were churning out gold. I also Ran Cata Raids Weekly for mounts etc. I am good on Gold I was just wondering how the transmog thing is working out for for people right now. I was undecided on if i Should sell Matts/ salvage gear now or wait until DH go live and jump on it then when the DHs are looking to lvl up professions etc.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was playing with the Assassination artifact on beta, and you're right, it didn't seem to move the style too much. It really focused around energy pooling though... with Kingsbane you want to apply the poison as many times as possible as fast as possible so you can ramp up that extra DOT damage.

edit: So was there any new content added or pre-legion quests?
Yeah makes sense. The Sub artifact ability seems like it will be pretty situational unless the damage on it is high enough to make it use-on-cooldown (or close to it). The new Shadow Dance needs to be used with high energy for three Shadowstrikes in the dance window but low CP since Shadowstrike is a builder - so pretty much pooling after a finisher, dance, finish again. I'm not sure how an ability that grants both energy and 3CP fits into that without wasting anything, but again I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it's just best used for a quick build/finish cycle when not dancing, which is cool enough. The duration of Nightblade even at 5CP feels short-ish, I was trying to rush in eviscerates before refreshing it and kept letting it drop.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried LFR archimond last night to finish up my tomes, I left at determination 6. Fuuuuuuuck.

Holy priest seems pretty fun, assassination rogue is much more bleed/dot heavy but I'm ok with it so far, affliction warlock seems "ok?" as I didn't really play much with it.

edit: do you need to log into a character to get the gear on it into your wardrobe?
Yes you need to log them in for it to see and register the wardrobe stuff.

As for the determination stacks I got up to 11 on LFR archimonde one time and that was in theory when people actually knew what their buttons did. 6 after a pretty major patch that changed everybodies class and spec quite a bit seems about right.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes you need to log them in for it to see and register the wardrobe stuff.

As for the determination stacks I got up to 11 on LFR archimonde one time and that was in theory when people actually knew what their buttons did. 6 after a pretty major patch that changed everybodies class and spec quite a bit seems about right.
Yeah, just logged into 20 characters and added a bunch of new transmog shit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The official forums are full of doom and gloom lol. Every class/spec is apparently dead
Hence my post a few pages back when I commented on the doom/gloom of all the "unplayable" classes from the beta forums. A few specs I can sort of see some of their points but then they go from a legitimate issue such as at low haste levels beast mastery hunter plays a bit slow and boomkin without their artifact are lacking one of their main rotational make the spec work as intended abilities and diving into a pool of despair.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
*waiting on the EU patch here* Please tell me you can see if an item skin is already unlocked for you without needing an add-on, preferably even on links/AH/ their dinky in-game group/raid guide. Last thing I need is more add-ons for obvious base functionality.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
*waiting on the EU patch here* Please tell me you can see if an item skin is already unlocked for you without needing an add-on, preferably even on links/AH/ their dinky in-game group/raid guide. Last thing I need is more add-ons for obvious base functionality.
You can see what is unlocked and what is locked, and you can see a decent idea of what the source is (quest/vendor/etc). Some even show what other items have the same skin+color.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
An item will have the text along the lines of "You have no added this item to your wardrobe" or something like that under it, if you have not unlocked it

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
All these BOE greens from crates, do they need to be equipped to get their tmog or just hit the inventory? Not sure I care to ensure I have them all but figured I should know.