World of Warcraft: Current Year

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Blizzard had said long before Legion was even announced that Garrisons would not carry over to the next expansion. There was a period people were asking for a mobile Garrison app and they stated that reason when they said they wouldn't waste time working on one.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I haven't experimented with the scenarios for all of the classes artifacts weapons, but so far each class/weapon scenario has been unique for. Then as I'm going through the quest chain I can see DKs running around. Are these scenarios actually unique or do multiple artifact paths take the same quest area and just swap roles?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I haven't experimented with the scenarios for all of the classes artifacts weapons, but so far each class/weapon scenario has been unique for. Then as I'm going through the quest chain I can see DKs running around. Are these scenarios actually unique or do multiple artifact paths take the same quest area and just swap roles?
When I was doing the unholy DK artifact I saw at least a warlock doing the same things I was doing up to the last dungeon part and I also saw a druid along the same path but couldn't tell if his quests were similar or not.

Malkav

French Madman
Yes, some of the artifacts quests take place in the same places and have a bit of a cross-over.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have a few questions about artifact weapons:

- Is there a weekly/daily cap on artifact power you can earn?
- Are there daily or weekly locked rewards that consist of huge numbers of artifact power? Say, enough that even if there is no timed cap on artifact power it makes farming it rather useless.
- I believe I read somewhere that you would be able to maximize an artifact weapon by late into the first tier of raiding, is this accurate?

Maybe some of you with significant beta experience can clarify these for me.
Artifact Power - Google Sheets

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
My priest is ilevel 856 now and Nighthold is supposed to top out at 860ish (the world bosses all drop 860 gear) and my disc artifact is only 21/34. Then again I've only been in the beta for a few weeks. The artifact XP reqs really spike after 18 or so tho. You get a garrison work order that buffs your artifact xp gain, once you've got it at +100% artifact xp, the future work orders start taking like a week to finish.

That said 18-20 artifact levels is enough to max out a specific "build" path, really.
Are you having fun at 110? Does it feel like there's a lot of shit to do?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I never got to use it, but one thing that annoyed the hell out of me was in Icecrown Citadel, when I would get done with the airship part, it would lock me into a side cam of my character. I wasn't able to unlock it whatsoever until I logged in and out.
Ship bug has nothing to do with action cam, it's been around forever. Just /console reloadui to fix it

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Each artifact quest is unique but a lot of them intertwine in and around each other and if you do a bunch you start seeing some connections. Also most artifact quest areas get shared a bit with other ones like the basement of kharazan has 2 or 3 artifact quests that have you go into that area but generally for different reasons.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This x100. Garrison missions should be shut down, but we should still be able to visit the place (for the music)
Missions only really exist for new players who want to do the achivements basically or get some WOD cosmetic stuff.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Anyone in beta have thoughts on tanks? Specifically between Guardian Druids and Protection Paladins?

I have both, wanting to know which is worthwhile to main in Legion, or if they are both a toss up. I plan on eventually getting them both maxed out at some point, but I want to play a non-gimped tank first.

PS looks like Blizzard's 7.0.3 patch accomplished the HFC nerf I was looking for. We finally cleared Herioc in one night, one shotting everything. We did normal HFC Tuesday night (with a lot of brand new faces) and that was a complete faceroll, it felt like we were doing Panderia raid with mythic HFC geared raiders. It definitely trivialized the HFC achievements. We start Mythic for the first time on Sunday. Glad the tuned it so we can get people their moose and gear accordingly.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anyone in beta have thoughts on tanks? Specifically between Guardian Druids and Protection Paladins?

I have both, wanting to know which is worthwhile to main in Legion, or if they are both a toss up. I plan on eventually getting them both maxed out at some point, but I want to play a non-gimped tank first.
I'm not sure if they changed them but protection paladins were pretty damn OP earlier in the beta

khorum

Murder Apologist
This x100. Garrison missions should be shut down, but we should still be able to visit the place (for the music)
HAahaha if garrisons triggered you somehow then you're prolly gonna hate Legion. They just renamed garrisons as "class halls" but not only do you end up doing more shit to farm garrison resources (they even take up World Quest slots), they even gate some of the class/artifact shit through the new garrisons.

Look familiar?

VtZ25zE.jpg

I actually liked WoD's garrisons. I levelled six chars to maxed garrisons to rape the economy before I quit.

So as usual, Blizz's remedy to the loudest squeaking wheels is the most toxic fucking grease they could find: instead of doing away with garrison gameplay, they just expanded the TIMESCALES for everything in your garrison so ppl don't end up having to come back to their garrison so often. So missions all take at least a day, work orders take several days and big upgrades take a week or more.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Are you having fun at 110? Does it feel like there's a lot of shit to do?
Yeah actually. I quit before mythic+ 5mans was a thing so maybe I'm thoroughly enjoying pugging mythic+ stuff now cuz it's fairly new to me. I can tell that the itemization on the mythic 5mans are deliberately nerfed to make raid drops BiS, but at least they're not putting versatility on everything and calling it a day.

As a healer bears are the most reliable hands down. GOOD warrs (emphasize GOOD) can beat them out if they sploit ignore pain like a pro, but a dumbass bear just has to press two of the three buttons that they have and be competitive with a pro warrior. Pallies aren't bad but they're kinda flaky.

DH tanks are fucking garbage.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The timescale change is what was needed though, fuck having that itch to log in every few hours to complete/start new garrison missions to try and maximize your GR/Gold gain.
That shit got old real fast when you have 8 level 100 characters.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I don't know what the big gripe about garrisons were. Pretty easy to set up, and they were gold making machines. I had 3 gold garrisons up and running (I restarted on the ass end of WoD), was working on a 4th, then pre patch. It hardly took any of my day to maintain them, and it was convenient to farm mats.

I understand it killed Tradeskilling, but IMHO, just remove the garden/mine from the garrison? Meh, I will miss the easy gold mostly.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
HAahaha if garrisons triggered you somehow then you're prolly gonna hate Legion. They just renamed garrisons as "class halls" but not only do you end up doing more shit to farm garrison resources (they even take up World Quest slots), they even gate some of the class/artifact shit through the new garrisons.

Look familiar?

VtZ25zE.jpg

I actually liked WoD's garrisons. I levelled six chars to maxed garrisons to rape the economy before I quit.

So as usual, Blizz's remedy to the loudest squeaking wheels is the most toxic fucking grease they could find: instead of doing away with garrison gameplay, they just expanded the TIMESCALES for everything in your garrison so ppl don't end up having to come back to their garrison so often. So missions all take at least a day, work orders take several days and big upgrades take a week or more.
Yes the order hall has some garrison like things but the missions are MUCH less frequent and a lot of them are more game play related than just the mindless minion mission stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem I had with garrisons was I got to a point where I logged in, did my garrison stuff, and if it wasn't a raid day logged off. Absolutely zero incentive to leave your garrison at all.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The problem I had with garrisons was I got to a point where I logged in, did my garrison stuff, and if it wasn't a raid day logged off. Absolutely zero incentive to leave your garrison at all.
Pretty much this, I had 3 Garrisons, and all I did was log on...take care of them, and did nothing else.

World of Warcraft became Garrisons of Warcraft for me. I guess I just had OCD for that stuff, couldn't log in not take care of them even though it wasn't fun, and by the time I was done...I logged off.