World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i think its too...ordinary. It's just a village. It doesn't feel like a place where the fate is f Azeroth is being decided.

I was more intrigued by it until I played a Panda recently just to see it and realized it was the same place.

OH WHAT THE FUCK!?!?

TURALYON?!?!?!?!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I choose the forest and I'm helping an Alliance pleb... the lore in this game is such a fucking joke.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Uhh... I thought nodes were instanced now so you didn't fight over mines/herbs. I just had two get mined out from under me... uhh what?

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Server lag maybe. Far as I know nodes aren't perma instanced per player, they just stick around for a bit after someone taps it and if you're close enough to get to it in time you get to tap it too.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Nodes are shared but they only stay around for like 10-15 seconds after the first person taps them.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I made it to 105 and finished Azsuna with its dungeon and relative quest, the reward was ilvl 800 which is massively more than what I'm looting, plus the dungeon was fun. Also I ran it with friends bullshitting in Discord, which made it even better. I fucking love the shaman, I unlocked all the artifacts at 102 and I admit even Elemental is fun (although it's not awesome in AoE) and Resto is always really good, but the artifact skill is not impressive, but a free ae heal on a 40ish sec cd is not terrible by any means.

I did all the profession quests and now I moved in Highmountain. It's an amazing expansion so far.

P.S.: in dungeons I saw the dps on trash packs, dear god the Demon Hunters can puck some serious hurt, it's burst AoE of course, but 210k at level 101 was impressive. A bit more sustained paladin was also good.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did Azsuna first on my Mage, it was ok. Started in Stormheim on my pally, and really like it so far.

This is the first time I've ever played back to back expansions. I played in vanilla, then didn't play again until WoD. I don't have near the experience to compare Legion to the others, but I have really enjoyed it so far. I enjoyed WoD enough, and never understood all the just plain hatred of it, until now. This expansion just feels way better for a myriad of reasons.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a bit last night, holy fuck the path leading up to my artifact (druid tank) was hard. I almost died twice. I was semi-checked out because lol leveling content but shit got real when the chick started moving to the next pack of mobs while I was at half hit points. The ring event for the artifact weapon was easy, I never dropped below like 90%. Was just shocked that the trash leading up to the ring event was raping me.

Went to Stoneheim. The silver mobs seem to drop cool items a lot less then they did in WoD. Had a purple chest give me zero items. Other then that it was fun but it's leveling in an mmo so....

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dungeons are such bad exp I am just doing it all at once. It's not like the old days where a new zone gives you more exp because it was higher level. Everything seems to be level scaled.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Uhh... I thought nodes were instanced now so you didn't fight over mines/herbs. I just had two get mined out from under me... uhh what?

I've noticed there's a lot of weird phasing in areas you haven't completed all the quests in that was causing this to happen to me. Specifically in highmountain, but I'm sure other places too.

Dungeons are such bad exp I am just doing it all at once. It's not like the old days where a new zone gives you more exp because it was higher level. Everything seems to be level scaled.

Yeah, at the end of zone storylines you get a quest to go do the dungeon and that's the only time I've touched them so far because the XP basically isn't even a bar otherwise.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I got to 105 on my primary (mage) but also took the time to do the weapon intro bit for my Mistweaver Monk and thought the way they did the big battle for a healing class was quite nifty. I'm always a fan when they find ways to repurpose old content and this was a very good use of that, plus it was nice to see just a glimpse of what has been happening in Pandaria since we had not one peep during the whole WoD era.

I did pretty much one zone that I picked purely by what was in the scouting report and then went through all the way to the dungeon at the end and found it a nice cohesive experience.

I did split off a couple times as certain aspects (tradeskills notably) seemed to want me to go to Azsuna immediately, but only just started that and then finished up Highmountain. Probably will finish off Azsuna and then go try the other zones, but I like that you can bounce around a bit and try different things with regular trips back to class hall / dalaran for artifact and such. The flight speed is also quite nice since it seems to take next to no time to get from Dalaran to any area of interest.

I was surprised by the dungeon at the end of Highmountain's quest chain. Not because it wasn't logical, but because I forgot that dungeons even existed as an experience. It was a quick "oh of course...duh" moment, but since the non-mythic dungeon experience in WoD was so skippable after the first burst of content it really felt alien to be in a 5-man dungeon again.

I hope that dungeons are more relevant as end-game content this time around, but I am wary of this Mythic business and the lack of means to do group matching for it. I'm not a fan of making the match-making experience be dumbed down to the point where 'real' content becomes something you have to go back to older methods of finding teammates in order to experience.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't understand why dungeons are such terrible exp and why we only get one quest per dungeon after completing a long quest chain in each zone. It's almost like they don't want people doing them unless they are mythic+ now.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably because in WoD you can skip the whole story and everything and just dungeon up? I don't know but my guess is they want to force the story content on you and dungeon exp will change in like 3 months when they no longer care.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't understand why dungeons are such terrible exp and why we only get one quest per dungeon after completing a long quest chain in each zone. It's almost like they don't want people doing them unless they are mythic+ now.
They've done the same thing since like wotlk, terrible xp so people play in the zones. I don't even know what the point of normal dungeons are. People are basically going to skip straight to mythic

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They've done the same thing since like wotlk, terrible xp so people play in the zones. I don't even know what the point of normal dungeons are. People are basically going to skip straight to mythic
For the people who aren't good enough to do mythic, gotta try to please everyone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Heroic will be the new normal, they just make new names and shift difficulty and people pretend like it's some new invention.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users