World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is why we can't have nice things, whiny little bitches that can't fucking count.

Death Grip cooldown is 25 seconds. Blood is the only spec that can Death Grip twice, still with a 25 second cooldown. Doesn't matter what class you are, if you encounter a protection spec player you're going to be in for a bad time.

First mage I fought as Unholy I outplayed him, got on top of him, got the chain on and he blinked, I smugly chuckled and death gripped him back to me and chained him again, knowing full well he was about to get the rough end of a pointy stick.... and then he frost nova'd me and blinked again. Apparenly mages get double Blink at the cost of double ice block.

DEATH GRIP IS A CONTROL SKILL, NOT A MOBILITY SKILL.

.. and seriously, whining about PvP when the discussion was about PvE mobility? really?

PS: Quick, whine about the abom hook on a 30 second cooldown for Unholy, and AMS for good measure.

Well he deathgripped me like 5 times within a 45 second window bro. And I know because I was using my own cooldowns.

He deathgripped me. I shimmered. He deathgripped me again. I shimmered. I popped combustion, started digging into him. He fucking deathgripped me again before Combustion was done. Combustion lasts 10 seconds. I don't know wtf he was doing, but it was way faster than 25 seconds bro. Shimmer has a 15 second cooldown and he was able to Death Grip me more often than I was able to shimmer.

Let's make sure we keep all pvp discussion out of this thread though I guess right? It was just a griping comment that was made tongue in cheek and I added a comment because we had just been talking about DK mobility.

Last edited:

Khane

Oh and I just posted all of that on the WoW forums and everyone agreed with me.

DK nerfs incoming Sabbat. You're right. Fuck your nice things.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I'm a little pissed about the holy nova nerf. It's a small thing, but my huge holy priest damage doesn't mean shit. It just made a quality of life difference when doing the dailies.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Well he deathgripped me like 5 times within a 45 second window bro. And I know because I was using my own cooldowns.

He deathgripped me. I shimmered. He deathgripped me again. I shimmered. I popped combustion, started digging into him. He fucking deathgripped me again before Combustion was done. Combustion lasts 10 seconds. I don't know wtf he was doing, but it was way faster than 25 seconds bro. Shimmer has a 15 second cooldown and he was able to Death Grip me more often than I was able to shimmer.

Let's make sure we keep all pvp discussion out of this thread though I guess right? It was just a griping comment that was made tongue in cheek and I added a comment because we had just been talking about DK mobility.

He was probably blood, who has a 15 second death grip. But really doesn't matter you wouldn't of killed him anyway as blood :p

But mostly useless in raids setting. Imo make death grip pull me to the boss if they are immune. My pet's hook works like that.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
OR is not "a few WQs a week", you can blow through that OR in 8 hours with mobile app.
It's a bit more than that, but not that much of a problem.

You need: 500 OR per 5 days (AK research), 250-400 once or twice a day (missions). That's about the amount of OR you get from the daily emissary chests. If you do 4 WQ a day, you do get enough OR to sustain you in normal play.

You need more if you're stockpiling OR for your last Order Hall improve, or are buying class set ilvl tokens, or using the OR for 2 champion equipment per day. That means a few of your minimum 4 daily WQ are going to be OR WQ, but outside of that, it's fine.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
What other class centers around one single talent?

5983baaa84.jpg

Hi.

But yeah I'm bummed out to priests in such a bad spot right now, because the basic design they've gone with seems really fun. I've been fucking around levelling one lately and I enjoy it a lot - both the visual design and the gameplay (feels a lot like the old warlocks, before they split the nukes and the DOTS into entirely different specs), but it's hard to motivate myself to work on a class which seems so broken. Everyone I speak to says they're far from top shit for healing as well.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have been eyeballing a Shaman as an alt. Enhanced is looking fun + a good healing spec when I want one. I never thought I would even consider a Shaman.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
no alts for me until there's flying. I seriously can't take leveling (AP, WQ etc) on ground any more

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
no alts for me until there's flying. I seriously can't take leveling (AP, WQ etc) on ground any more

I am also tired of not having flight. Its is just easier to get from point a to point b without having to navigate up and around and through terrain and mobs. I will still start an Alt or two once I am done with my main even without flight if just to get 110 and the artifact going.

Malkav

French Madman
Oh come on, are you guys directionally challenged or something?

I can understand it taking a bit of time navigating the first time around the zones, but by know you should be able to navigate the eyes closed.

Furthermore, WQ are never farther than 2 minutes away from a flightmaster, and you have the whistle when you are done.

At this point, the only reason I'd welcome flying for is gathering.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 79394

Hi.

But yeah I'm bummed out to priests in such a bad spot right now, because the basic design they've gone with seems really fun. I've been fucking around levelling one lately and I enjoy it a lot - both the visual design and the gameplay (feels a lot like the old warlocks, before they split the nukes and the DOTS into entirely different specs), but it's hard to motivate myself to work on a class which seems so broken. Everyone I speak to says they're far from top shit for healing as well.

As someone who has been Disc since Vanilla, yeah, times have changed. Disc got knocked down hard from the super glory days of WoD. That said I enjoy playing the spec still, even if we are a wonky version of TBC era Shadow Priests. I did Mythic Darkheart and Wrath last night for the beginning of Balance of Power (my first two Mythics). Had zero difficulties healing with the exception of Wrath of Azshara. Must have wiped about 10 times with our Pally tank, he eventually left and we got a Blood DK, who had enough self sustain that I was able to keep heals on the rest of the group as they were getting bombarded by the 80 environmental effects that hit you on that fight. To those who play Holy Priest, is that fight any easier to heal on Holy? From the movement heavy aspect that is, not getting into a Disc vs Holy discussion as the two classes are barely comparable at this point.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
just unlocked my hidden warrior prot skin.

currently requirements are this;

get AK5 (mandatory)
go to neltharions lair and log in and out until you hear neltharion roar and you get an emote
when he roars run around and find shield
profit

took me an hour of logging in and out, assuming its gonna be hotfixed so you cant just log in and out for an hour to get it to spawn.

Edit: when you log in and out run this macro:

/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44312))
/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44311))
/camp

if you are not eligible and outside the cave you'll get false/false
if you are eligible and not in the cave you'll get true/false
if you are in the cave and relogging over and over you'll get false/true

if you dont get the roar emote from neltharion, and the quest shows false/true the shield has spawned. run around and check all the gold piles it'll be on top of one and you can just loot it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I'm crashing to desktop a lot lately. This happening to anyone else? Wondering if it's an addon.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm crashing to desktop a lot lately. This happening to anyone else? Wondering if it's an addon.

I will only CTD these days if I try to track too many quests with the World Quest Tracker addon. seems to cap at 5 or so. Moment i exceed that, I'm looking at the dekstop.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

It seems to happen most when I try to track quests in the WQ tracker addon as well. Guess that's the cause. It does happen other times too but that addon is present and activated.