World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Fuck cant decide what to play. Resto shaman is favorite, but looks to be so meh. Paladin as a backup but so sick of their shitty mastery. Priest looks baller but never really played one...Decisions decisions.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Disc will probably get nerf dicked at some point but it seems like the more fun healer.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I read the 90 page Horde Short Story, "A Good War" that is supplemental material to BFA. The cinematic don't cover the very key portions of it but otherwise follow it directly (lol). It is well written though.

In game Sylvanas says she want's to kill Malfurion and take Darnassus. This is part of the Grand Strategy to drive a wedge between the Alliance and rob them of hope. The Night Elves would demand Anduin help them retake an unburned Darnassus. Anduin being young and naive would want to say yes. But this would cause him problems because Genn would be all, "WTF bro? We've been waiting FOREVER" and probably the gnomes too. The intent was to cause chaos in the Alliance so they could use the divide and conquer strategy. Because Anduin is young and inexperienced when it comes to dealing with a big fat political mess like that. Giving them more opportunities. Both the Alliance and Horde fleets are FUBAR because of Legion and it would have taken years for the Alliance to even have an opportunity to maybe take Darnassus back.

Saurfang fucked this up because he refused to kill Malfurion. That part is what caused Sylvanas to burn the tree because it was the only way to retain a similar effect. Saurfang realizes he fucked up bad and hopes he just dies in battle soon. This would chronologically play right into the Old Soldier cinematic so you understand why he was wanting to just die honorably and call it good because fuck it. Been around war too long.

So that these are all tied together is nice. I just hope the cinematic guys and supplemental authors and shit are actually working with the devs to make a coherent story. Which I somehow doubt.

Horde druids were also not mentioned even once. Glaring oversight.

I'll go read the Alliance one later.

It all makes a lot more sense after reading it, especially the pre-Ashenvale stuff. I think Saurfang is fence-riding to an extent, because he wants that honor but still revels in the bloodshed of his past. I still think on that earlier discussion between him and Sylvanas about taking Stormwind though. They couldn't think of a way to do it. The story repeatedly mentions his old joys of the screams of attacking Shattrath. He disappeared during the Lordaeron fight but supposedly was talking to Sylvanas. The two had an agreement at the beginning of that story of complete secrecy between them. Baine figured it out, and makes me wonder if that's why he shut the doors so quickly and Saurfang got captured.

The Alliance story is pretty gay, though. It has some feel good corny elf huggy and boy-and-his-dog love stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fuck cant decide what to play. Resto shaman is favorite, but looks to be so meh. Paladin as a backup but so sick of their shitty mastery. Priest looks baller but never really played one...Decisions decisions.
Disc will probably get nerf dicked at some point but it seems like the more fun healer.
If you like healers, holy priest is where it's at. Or give druid a shot. Quite different, but throughput is there. Disc is powerful, but it's indirect, complicated, and plays like shit without a plethora of macros on every skill. Depends what you plan to play most.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
If you like healers, holy priest is where it's at. Or give druid a shot. Quite different, but throughput is there. Disc is powerful, but it's indirect, complicated, and plays like shit without a plethora of macros on every skill. Depends what you plan to play most.
I want to give druid a shot, but i just dont like rolling hots in raids. I like druid healing 5 mans but raids meh.
I may give priest a shot, i mean Ill have 2-3 classes 120 in a week or two anyways.

Meech

Molten Core Raider
I want to give druid a shot, but i just dont like rolling hots in raids. I like druid healing 5 mans but raids meh.
I may give priest a shot, i mean Ill have 2-3 classes 120 in a week or two anyways.

You are my favorite neckbeard.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't get why they are killing group finders. If I had to guess, it's because people aren't connecting to each other anymore. You can auto-queue for anything and finish 95% of the game on the backs of other players by barely playing the game and not really ever interacting. Maybe they are trying to get people to talk to each other and create communities again?

They are mad people are finding ways to make the faggotry that is dailies or world quests or really any grindy garbage shorter.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
At least in 3 weeks when everyone besides the real players quit the game we can skip lore discussion and go straight to bitching about raid tuning again
I mean the only reason im subbing to this AIDs game is because of the lore but Ill most likely lose interest again soon. Game is just so bad but its made all MMOs bad that if youre not playing for pretty much a 1player story/lore experience just quit.
Other MMO I was playing was LOTRO. Got to 36ish at launch quit now resubbed because I want to see a virtual Middle Earth. [All in all game isnt terrible but again same cookie cutter cash shop pretty much]

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
So I'm finally looking at the BfA profession changes and all I can say is.... what the fuck are they thinking with this scrapper and expulsom shit? It's going to be exploited to hell and back in the first few weeks while people figure out a way to cheaply scrap crafted gear for profit and unlimited expulsom then it will be nerfed into irrelevance to compensate. Obliterum forge all over again.

As it stands right now there is no good reason to do anything but farm mobs over gathering professions because you'll get gold + cloth + drops which you can then send to whatever character you want your expulsom on, scrap on that toon, and get the expulsom + tradeable raw materials. So they will massively nerf scrapper yield and add expulsom to all gathering professions + disenchanting once they realize "herp derp this wasn't a good idea for professions!"

The scrapper is just a sneaky gold sink - it means all that gold that was being created out of thin air when people vendored gear is now disappearing. Combined with the 'war supplies' crafted quests it's actually a pretty cunning plan, although I suspect it's going to result in a raid consumables inflation shitstorm that makes early Legion look affordable.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The scrapper is just a sneaky gold sink - it means all that gold that was being created out of thin air when people vendored gear is now disappearing. Combined with the 'war supplies' crafted quests it's actually a pretty cunning plan, although I suspect it's going to result in a raid consumables inflation shitstorm that makes early Legion look affordable.

Why? If you can churn gear for mats then it should create a bigger glut of mats for consumables. I've seen that scrapper can generate any mat? Even herbs and shit? Will it offset the war supply quest though!?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After destroying the Legion how is it that Warlocks still function? Do they have some sort of mainline on 'organic' demons?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
After destroying the Legion how is it that Warlocks still function? Do they have some sort of mainline on 'organic' demons?
"The Legion is made up of demons" != "all demons are part of the Legion".

It's also completely impossible that we killed every single demon out there, even if they're part of the Legion's ranks.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage

I think you're massively overstating how much gold comes into the economy from gear vendoring. Gear has always been able to be vendored for gold, the huge inflation rates we saw starting with WoD were due entirely to Garrisons and then Order Halls in Legion. That trend looks to be continuing with the mission table in BfA. And as TJT said you get raw materials used in crafting from the scrapper. If anything it should drive alchemy prices down as suddenly everyone is capable of collecting herbs, not just herbalists, and you can get said herbs from normal play.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think you're massively overstating how much gold comes into the economy from gear vendoring. Gear has always been able to be vendored for gold, the huge inflation rates we saw starting with WoD were due entirely to Garrisons and then Order Halls in Legion. That trend looks to be continuing with the mission table in BfA. And as TJT said you get raw materials used in crafting from the scrapper. If anything it should drive alchemy prices down as suddenly everyone is capable of collecting herbs, not just herbalists, and you can get said herbs from normal play.

Althought I do give it a few months before the retard base realizes what the scrapper does.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gear vendoring was never a good source of gold when you could make a lot more money selling the shards. Almost all of my cash is from just putting stacks of shards on the AH.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean the only reason im subbing to this AIDs game is because of the lore but Ill most likely lose interest again soon. Game is just so bad but its made all MMOs bad that if youre not playing for pretty much a 1player story/lore experience just quit.
Other MMO I was playing was LOTRO. Got to 36ish at launch quit now resubbed because I want to see a virtual Middle Earth. [All in all game isnt terrible but again same cookie cutter cash shop pretty much]
Honestly what I said was a bit tongue in cheek anyways. I know a lot of people do play for the lore, and if that's what gets them to play then so be it.

I was mostly joking because as many here can attest, the first raid of Legion we had roughly 60 people show up. We split into two 30ish man groups to do normal EN. By the same time next week I think we had a single raid. And a week after that we probably sat at around 20 people and that was our trajectory the entire expansion until the cataclysm.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
By the end, we had so much trouble fielding 20 people that we had to do massive recruitment/Trade chat spam, and that came with its share of luls.

I'll never forget you, Weedfurnace.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users