World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think the problem is not that its Cataclysm 2.0. The problem is that its Legion 2.0. There is nothing new in this xpack at all. Its all the same shit, some of it has different wrapping but still exactly the same shit.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just assume that everything they do from now on in wow is just World of Diablo4Craft 0.0 testbed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Islands weren't a waste of resources if they're truly trying make less retarded AI like they said their entire original plan was. If they can get AI to work in slightly different islands they can get them to work in other content. It'll be good for the game in the long run but we'll see if they abandon them completely or not in like 5 months

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Killed lions roar world boss and go t a 370 chest. 17/20/23/26

I'd be curious if anyone else got a chest what level theirs rolled at. FYI my neck is 19.5

Curious if they fucked it up THIS BAD
My 370 chest last unlock is 30, I’m also at 19

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the problem is not that its Cataclysm 2.0. The problem is that its Legion 2.0. There is nothing new in this xpack at all. Its all the same shit, some of it has different wrapping but still exactly the same shit.

That's what we mean by Cata 2.0 though. Cata was WoTLK with more shitty phasing.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Getting Exalted with Champions of Azeroth was decidedly anticlimactic. I was expecting a boost in the Heart ilevel or a story hook chat with Magni or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are your necks that low? I dinged on my alliance guy this weekend. Did some island expeditions and my emissaries. Ran some dungeons, my neck is at 18.

Are you guys like actively avoiding doing any content?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The more I wander around Boralus the more I'm thinking there has to be some sort of big multi-patch content planned for these cities to flesh them out. There are really a ton of small shops and the city itself actually has some sensible design to it, but 80% of it is currently slums that you just do a couple WQs in and otherwise ignore.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How are your necks that low? I dinged on my alliance guy this weekend. Did some island expeditions and my emissaries. Ran some dungeons, my neck is at 18.

I hit 19 on my primary toon, and that unlocks all traits of value for the 340 gear, since my luck with raid drops & last weeks M+ catch is shit.

I did 3 island expeditions the first week, and found them boring. So fuck them.
I dont like dailies, and all factions are over Revered, so no reason to do WQs outside of emissaries. So fuck them.

Just like legion, people can beat their dicks against AP and get a few points ahead. The less than 1% difference of having a second ring trait or not, is not going to make up for the fact that I'm not in a bleeding edge mythic guild. So fuck AP.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

And here we have the dumbest post of the day.

Golden-Turd-Award.jpg

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The reason is grinding AP is fucking dumbass bullshit so I stopped doing wqs. You know how slow your neck goes if you don't do wqs? The answer is 50-75% of a level per week.

Please go on to defend wqs and grinding AP. Because then I'll know how retarded you are

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Difference with AP was that originally it was actually something you could easily farm, and you got traits pretty consistently initially on your artifact. The Azerite farming is a zero sum game, and the higher traits are fucking useless, so it's not even worth working to try and unlock. I'm almost 21, and my highest trait is 23 on a 355 piece. I did notice a lot more 250+ AP on WQ's today, unfortunately the farm rate is about the same as it was when we had a fully unlocked artifact and it started taking 100's of million of AP per rank. I can't reliably level 2-3 per week, it's already less than 1 per week and it's only been a month. If the higher traits were more interesting and AP gain stayed consistent rather than exponential, it might be less of a slog.

They definitely blew their load with Legion, far and away the best the game has ever been, even with the annoyance of legendaries. We'll see if they can crawl out of this Cata/WoD sized hole they've dug themselves into.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
At least with Artifact Traits you got some bonus HP when you leveled up. Aside from jack and shit what do you get from Azerite?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Once you hit exalted with all reps, there's no reason to use the follower board. Why the fuck would you even bother for 100g or 500ap here and there? Even with little effort, seems like fuck all for a reward.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Once you hit exalted with all reps, there's no reason to use the follower board. Why the fuck would you even bother for 100g or 500ap here and there? Even with little effort, seems like fuck all for a reward.

Maybe just maybe we could scrap the facebook bullshit for the next xpac... I know I know wishful thinking.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Getting Exalted with Champions of Azeroth was decidedly anticlimactic. I was expecting a boost in the Heart ilevel or a story hook chat with Magni or something.

I hadn't checked but I was operating under the assumption that Exalted would be additional neck level. I was grinding it for that purpose.

Now I'm sad. Pair that today with getting a 370 hat that I don't think is an upgrade on my 340 hat and I'm extra sad.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If you're getting frustrated or burnt out just relax and do what I do: do no island expeditions, and only do enough WQ's to keep up with emissary quests. You don't get burnt out that way. I'm still 348 with a decent Heart of Azeroth despite only doing 1 mythic and 6 mythic +'s now and 0 Island Expeditions and only enough WQ's for emissary quests. I'm only Revered with Champions and the rest are Honored and none are Exalted, but fuck if I care, all they have for me are recipes and pets at this point. I'll get there eventually via Emmissary quests and mission tables.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I did 1 island expedition. Have to do 4 more to open up more.... ship upgrades? What are we calling these now that class halls are over with? Got all reps to revered because I have been doing CoA and turtles on the other continent. Do want to get honorbound to exalted for orcs. Otherwise reps can fuck off. I do my daily wqs and turtles other than Nola. CoA if it's heal wounds. That's it. Less than an hour a day. Will level my lock sooner or later. He is chilling at 116. Druid and DH too. Not sure what else, because my schedule and raiding aren't going to work together other than lfr. Stromgarde was fun.