World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Explaining Weakauras and how to install them to your regular user is fucking painful. That kind of functionality and usability is insane. It can make a scrub able to play at the level the game is deigned. Spell rotation and balance aside. "Advanced tools" can bring a regular guy who is observant, able to avoid mechanics appropriately, up to the mythic level. Sometimes I feel if you're too retarded in order to figure that shit out, enjoy living in Normal.

Only thing keeping me from a higher level is having to change a diaper mid raid. And an ability to invest hours into countless m+ for nominal gear. It's actually kind of annoying to watch players who do have the time to invest getting wrecked by fucking terrible rng. Where a moderately average group could easily defeat an encounter getting entirely fucked by how a boss targets a frontal cone, soak location spawns, or an add spawns, pisses me off. Seeing a group who has busted their balls to reach a 369+ ilvl get fucked by rng seems stupid. They should be losing due to mechanics, not rng.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yes, much of the "skill" in MMO's is installing the right tools/software/UI setup. Or you have someone on Discord telling you what to do who's simply reciting the big text from the center of your screen/repeating your audio triggers.

• 1Picard

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Newbies can be directed to something like : TellMeWhen Class Rotation Profiles for Patch 8.0/BFA w/Downloads • r/wow to save yourself a lot of headaches as they're easy to setup They're not perfect but can drastically improve the output of even an average player
Chesder has been making TMW profiles for a while now, and are pretty damn good.

All free, and he streams sometimes on twitch when he's updating profiles. He goes straight off of the SimC rotations and stuff. As said it's absolutely great to take those, and then as an average player have an idea of what the fuck to do on a class. Lol

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yes, much of the "skill" in MMO's is installing the right tools/software/UI setup. Or you have someone on Discord telling you what to do who's simply reciting the big text from the center of your screen/repeating your audio triggers.

this guy is a big tard

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Speaking of the importance of having the right UI and all that shit. I finally had some time to update and install addons for BFA. Still I might as well use some of you guys for feedback.. There seems to currently be 2 world quest addons that are popular any one want to chime in on the pros/cons of each?

I pretty much just took Preachers UI from Preach gaming as a base to start to cut down on a good amount of set up, and although I like some of his Weak Auras and shit I know I want to change it around a fair amount. Also Sco has some really nice Weak Auras for tanking cooldowns that I used before and will be using that shit again. Still do any of you guys have links to some must have ElvUI profiles or imports from wago.io? It seems there are some decent ones for M+ and some for Uldir but maybe some of you guys have some decent suggestions.

Preach also uses Bigwigs which I dont use since DBM is far more popular here but I don't know if you can load DBM profiles to import since I never see them.

One thing I have to do for sure is go back into the game files and delete the fucking motor bike sounds since the fucking cesspool trash faggots can never get enough of their fucking cunt bikes.

On another note TSM4 is something I have messed around with off and on and everytime I get somewhere it ends up crashing and being a borked piece of shit? Is this there experience of you guys as well? I am really tempted to just start from scratch and make a new profile from start to finish and custom every operation but goddamn that feels like it would take so long. Then again with as much time as I have wasted tinkering with shit 1/2 ass I might as well have. Like probably 99% of people out there I have been so reliant of Shey's TSM profile but she stopped updating it or at least sharing it, and while I have imported many groups and other things which I have been able to adjust and use none of them are detailed enough to really get what you want from them. There are the streamers and other youtube Gold makers but they are cunts and share Legion TSM profiles like they are doing you a favor even though they are fucking worthless. That's not to say I haven't been making AH money but really it's a far cry from where it really should be if I had the time to really dick plow morons.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Before I forget does anyone have some decent pawn strings for Prot War? I don't know about the other tank classes since I haven't looked but for Prot there isn't shit and you can't sim. I would be happy if I could string out some effective health or even a dps string. Right now the only two resources are some bullshit string on noxxic or the stat priority on icey veins which are both to be taken with a grain of salt.

At least Arms and Fury have accurate enough info although I am not sure how well raidbots is at calculating the Azerite traits. The part that sucks dick though is once again Prot War is the bottom of the barrel get shit on tank again this xpac. I don't know why Ion the trash cunt loves monks and DKs so much but whatever. It seems we are once again the lowest represented in tanking per logs in Heroic and Mythic Uldir and the highest deaths of tanks in M+ which needs to be addressed. It seems Gaurdian Druid is also in a sub par spot at the moment too. Even so it s getting old with this constant dick in Prot warriors ass. I am really tempted to just switch to Blood or Vengence for the rest of BFA.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The thing with having to do a mission for barely useful flight points in Kul Tiras that are not only gated by Rep... but also buying a mission item them running the mission...

Is fucking stupid.
You have to do them only once per account. Once the outpost is "populated", it can be used by all your chars.

The followup missions for "improvement" are per character though. Some improvements are essential, like the one where I populate the cave with baby dinosaurs to pet. I kid you not.

(they're not even battle pets, just running things that you can emote a /pet at)

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just.. Lord help me if they attach Flying to more than just Pathfinder for when I actually am interested in the game again.
Flying will require Pathfinder Part II (or maybe even Part III), with 1 or 2 additional reps added in 8.2. And, of course, we'll have the Emerged N'yatotha isle, where our mounts are permanently grounded, to farm in 8.3, so flying will be slightly useful for two months...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Killed lions roar world boss and go t a 370 chest. 17/20/23/26

I'd be curious if anyone else got a chest what level theirs rolled at. FYI my neck is 19.5

Curious if they fucked it up THIS BAD
From what they imply, your last power lvl is fixed basically by the ilvl of the item, while your first power is based off your current power level & item ilvl, with the rest linearly inbetween.

So the 370 chest would always have a 26 max power, but it might have had a start lower than 17 if your neck was lower. Like if you had only a 14 neck, you'd get maybe a 14/18/22/26...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Once you hit exalted with all reps, there's no reason to use the follower board. Why the fuck would you even bother for 100g or 500ap here and there? Even with little effort, seems like fuck all for a reward.
But, but, but... there's PET CHARM missions there! If that alone does not justify an entire game mechanic complete with resource farming, I don't know what does!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And here we have the dumbest post of the day.

Golden-Turd-Award.jpg
I call bullshit on that man. I'm not over here farming AP or anything. These guys who have been playing their main since release are only one neck level above my guy who dinged a couple days ago? You have to literally be actively avoiding doing any content.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>

Spot on. If you need artificial tools to tell you how to play a class or a mechanic in an (mmo) rpg there is something wrong very wrong with the game design. I watched Method's progression and without 10000 WAs telling when what and how to react no one would have progressed beyond 1/8 and that is sad. SCOs POV is like 90% addon informations and 10% actual game.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I call bullshit on that man. I'm not over here farming AP or anything. These guys who have been playing their main since release are only one neck level above my guy who dinged a couple days ago? You have to literally be actively avoiding doing any content.
I have an alt that dinged this weekend. His neck was 12. You are telling me you got 7 neck ilvls in 2 days playing casually?

jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Before I forget does anyone have some decent pawn strings for Prot War? I don't know about the other tank classes since I haven't looked but for Prot there isn't shit and you can't sim. I would be happy if I could string out some effective health or even a dps string. Right now the only two resources are some bullshit string on noxxic or the stat priority on icey veins which are both to be taken with a grain of salt.

At least Arms and Fury have accurate enough info although I am not sure how well raidbots is at calculating the Azerite traits. The part that sucks dick though is once again Prot War is the bottom of the barrel get shit on tank again this xpac. I don't know why Ion the trash cunt loves monks and DKs so much but whatever. It seems we are once again the lowest represented in tanking per logs in Heroic and Mythic Uldir and the highest deaths of tanks in M+ which needs to be addressed. It seems Gaurdian Druid is also in a sub par spot at the moment too. Even so it s getting old with this constant dick in Prot warriors ass. I am really tempted to just switch to Blood or Vengence for the rest of BFA.

Is Prot War really that shitty though or do people just perceive it that way because they're dumb?