World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Seriously tell me where the pet charms are yo. I haven't done jack shit for quests so I'm pretty clueless.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I am sure at a base level it's a bit of both. I have seen complaints about Prot War not keeping agro, if that's the case you are probably missing something in the way you play since agro is still not a problem this xpac.

Shots fired, since I was probably the one who complained, and yeah, I'm doing something wrong. I need to look at other warriors' rotations, because my circumstances make life fun for me when rotations change due to the macroing. I need to unfuck my existing macro. It's just plain bad by comparison to what I was doing in Legion.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's 2 rares that have charms as their loot for being rare (loot on first kill only), and 2 quests that reward it (all alliance side; horde not invited to the party). Plus a couple chests that have some.

Outside of that, you have one mission every 5-6 days, and usually 1 WQ a day.

You have two years to get 5160 charms you need to purchase every pet on sale (not counting the promo stone to get them to rare since 90% of them are green quality pets when acquired - had a shock on the first faction pet I purchased)

Last edited:

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
At least with Artifact Traits you got some bonus HP when you leveled up. Aside from jack and shit what do you get from Azerite?

You do get a small HP bonus when the neck levels up. I think it went up 2 ilvls last time I dinged it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I understand how scaling works just fine. My Horde character that's in the FoH guild that I haven't touched in two weeks is also at 18. Did you see me on a lot? Was I banging out content? If you have been playing since the release of BFA and your neck is at 19 you are actively avoiding doing basically any content what so ever.

It's almost as if the effort to get necklace level scale exponentially? Crazy how that works. So you are telling me the first few levels of the necklace goes pretty fast even for a casual player but then screeched to a halt and only moves at a glacial pace. Just shocking I tell you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I understand how scaling works just fine. My Horde character that's in the FoH guild that I haven't touched in two weeks is also at 18. Did you see me on a lot? Was I banging out content? If you have been playing since the release of BFA and your neck is at 19 you are actively avoiding doing basically any content what so ever.

What is your highest neck? 18 aint shit and you are right you can get it pretty quickly. Everything after, takes for fucking ever. I've had an abundance of playtime since this xpac came out. It's probably taken just about 2 weeks to go from 18 to 21. I could easily see being stuck at 19 if I only played for a few hours a night and only did M+ or raiding most of the time as neither are a particularly big source of AP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shots fired, since I was probably the one who complained, and yeah, I'm doing something wrong. I need to look at other warriors' rotations, because my circumstances make life fun for me when rotations change due to the macroing. I need to unfuck my existing macro. It's just plain bad by comparison to what I was doing in Legion.

That wasn't listed towards you specifically Alk, if you look through forums in many places there seems to be an overall issue with threat for some Prot Warriors. If I had to guess the main culprit would be they are missing certain Azerite traits and/or aren't using Thunderclap/Revenge properly. Also given that Avatar lowers the cooldown of thunderclap AoE threat should be easy to maintain even with dipshit dps on different targets. You may want to switch targets for a couple of good Shield Slams or throw out a taunt from time to time. Which is more than we had to before in Legion which maybe is what people mean by threat issues? But in general that isn't our core problems, surviveability/lack of utility is.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My only goal now with the xpac is to unlock all of the allied races, and level a Mag'har Warrior from 0-120 for the armor.

My hunter is like 347 or something and is doing okay, can definitely feel the nerfs to BM though in raids but its a ridiculous class in pvp. I might start doing arena/RBG's as its piss easy to cap conquest doing rated pvp

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Finally getting back into the game now, late into BFA - spend 2.5-3 hours getting UI reconfigured how I like it, getting all my WeakAuras set back up and installed, etc. Finally get things just about perfect....

God damn hurricane causes power to flicker and I lose every lick of progress. Fuck me for not saving my progress mid-reconfigure.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My only goal now with the xpac is to unlock all of the allied races, and level a Mag'har Warrior from 0-120 for the armor.

My hunter is like 347 or something and is doing okay, can definitely feel the nerfs to BM though in raids but its a ridiculous class in pvp. I might start doing arena/RBG's as its piss easy to cap conquest doing rated pvp

I'm kinda in the same boat but w/ Dark Iron Dwarves. 335 ilevel or so on a lock but really all I want is the rep so I can make a dwarf. Then we'll see how long my interest holds.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What is your highest neck? 18 aint shit and you are right you can get it pretty quickly. Everything after, takes for fucking ever. I've had an abundance of playtime since this xpac came out. It's probably taken just about 2 weeks to go from 18 to 21. I could easily see being stuck at 19 if I only played for a few hours a night and only did M+ or raiding most of the time as neither are a particularly big source of AP.
Here's my major gripe. If I want to level my neck I need to do WQs and Expeditions. Some drops from Raids, but not a lot. So if I spend the majority of my time gearing up, I'm getting cucked on the neck. If I spend my time on the neck, I'm getting cucked on gear upgrades.

They REALLY need to have more drop in raids/m+ at an equal level to WQ grinding. I just do not have the time in a day to compete with guys that can play for several hours every night. I mean, that has always been the problem for me, but in previous expacs at least I could eventually get the gear. Every night I don't grind my neck, I'm that much further behind.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Finally getting back into the game now, late into BFA - spend 2.5-3 hours getting UI reconfigured how I like it, getting all my WeakAuras set back up and installed, etc. Finally get things just about perfect....

God damn hurricane causes power to flicker and I lose every lick of progress. Fuck me for not saving my progress mid-reconfigure.
IKIFEEL.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here's my major gripe. If I want to level my neck I need to do WQs and Expeditions. Some drops from Raids, but not a lot. So if I spend the majority of my time gearing up, I'm getting cucked on the neck. If I spend my time on the neck, I'm getting cucked on gear upgrades.

They REALLY need to have more drop in raids/m+ at an equal level to WQ grinding. I just do not have the time in a day to compete with guys that can play for several hours every night. I mean, that has always been the problem for me, but in previous expacs at least I could eventually get the gear. Every night I don't grind my neck, I'm that much further behind.

They nerfed the shit out of AP gains in dungeons because people were farming it to death back in Legion. I doubt they'll raise it again. Its likely you'll see a nerf to the WQ gains instead lol.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
With Azerite gear not dropping in M+, can we say that azerite gear, outside of raids, is a system that has the same problems that the legendary system had but worsened?
I mean, in order to get any one azerite armor in particular from any dungeon you need to luck out big time on the weekly chest.
So basically 1 shot per week where there isn't any kind of bad luck protection, no guarantee that you will ever see whatever piece you want in your lifetime.
No way to speed it up either, just do the highest M+ and pray.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The way the neck grind is setup is pretty comical. You only need to "grind" it insofar as getting your first 2 rings unlocked. Everything after that is not at all worth even attempting to grind for. My neck level is 23 but I have not done anything outside of the island expedition weekly, M+, raiding and WQs (well I did a little PvP this week to get my second conquest reward which is a BiS azerite chest piece). I have not tried to grind it out at all. The problem for people like Noodle is that all those WQs that I didn't skip when the game first came out? He can't magically catch up that way. Those WQs are gone. He missed his opportunity. He can't just sit down one weekend when he finds free time and try to catch up to me now that I've stopped doing WQs completely (only been doing the emissaries and the occasional gear WQ for expulsom for the past week and a half). And that's the rub with dailies and WQs which people do not seem to understand. They do not help the "casual" player who cannot log in every day and clear the map. They make them fall further behind as the people who can log in and clear the map get further and further ahead with no option for the casual to catch up in his limited play sessions through planning or just straight up grinding.

At least in a world where players like me are not artificially time gated a player like Noodle can afford himself some form of catch-up. Either through a long day of mindless tedium (as has always been the case in RPGs, especially MMORPGs) or by getting help from people in his guild or friends list that can carry him through faster catch up mechanisms because he is part of their raid squad.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They nerfed the shit out of AP gains in dungeons because people were farming it to death back in Legion. I doubt they'll raise it again. Its likely you'll see a nerf to the WQ gains instead lol.
I remember people spamming MoS so they adjusted AP to be based on their determination of how long a dungeon would take or something.

I just am getting really discouraged by the system.

Also tanking feels like shit. So far my distate on this expac is at an all time high

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The way the neck grind is setup is pretty comical. You only need to "grind" it insofar as getting your first 2 rings unlocked. Everything after that is not at all worth even attempting to grind for. My neck level is 23 but I have not done anything outside of the island expedition weekly, M+, raiding and WQs (well I did a little PvP this week to get my second conquest reward which is a BiS azerite chest piece). I have not tried to grind it out at all. The problem for people like Noodle is that all those WQs that I didn't skip when the game first came out? He can't magically catch up that way. Those WQs are gone. He missed his opportunity. He can't just sit down one weekend when he finds free time and try to catch up to me now that I've stopped doing WQs completely (only been doing the emissaries and the occasional gear WQ for expulsom for the past week and a half). And that's the rub with dailies and WQs which people do not seem to understand. They do not help the "casual" player who cannot log in every day and clear the map. They make them fall further behind as the people who can log in and clear the map get further and further ahead with no option for the casual to catch up in his limited play sessions through planning or just straight up grinding.

At least in a world where players like me are not artificially time gated a player like Noodle can afford himself some form of catch-up. Either through a long day of mindless tedium (as has always been the case in RPGs, especially MMORPGs) or by getting help from people in his guild or friends list that can carry him through faster catch up mechanisms because he is part of their raid squad.
See you get it

Actually when I hit 120 I was like "nah I'll hit those WQ's later" and focused on other things I needed to get done. I missed like 3-4 days of AP grinding that set me back a couple neck levels. Now, granted I dont give a fuck about them anymore, but at the time I did.

And it's not even that I'm super casual. If I login, since I'm one of the two tanks, I'm immediately spam invited for M+. M+ is fun and engaging content, with tangible rewards possibly from every run. OR I CAN GRIND 150-200 AP out of 15000 for my neck!

These are all first world problems

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Aren't there plans to automatically set folk's neck at a certain minimum level at varying points, kinna like they did with Artifact Knowledge in Legion?